(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 166.
#7501 1 year ago

It’s a brave new world.

#7502 1 year ago

They also have their own currency.
Last 30 days of Apecoin
Imo this is the best metaverse coin play atm.
CBA09C4B-F8F4-49EE-AE24-3A1E99EE1609 (resized).pngCBA09C4B-F8F4-49EE-AE24-3A1E99EE1609 (resized).png

#7503 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It’s a skill based game. If you want to invest in it as a player you have to have the skills to play.
Cheapest pass on the market is $4k.

LOL

#7504 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It’s a skill based game. If you want to invest in it as a player you have to have the skills to play.
The passes themselves are tradable. So far in three days they’ve sold $33million dollars worth of passes that were all given away for free. Cheapest pass on the market is $4k. Be interesting to see where the value lies after mint prizes released.

I feel like I’m either going to miss out on some incredible opportunities or I’m going to be bailing out the crypto generation in my old age. Gamification of investing seems like a very dangerous, er, ah, … , game.

#7505 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I feel like I’m either going to miss out on some incredible opportunities or I’m going to be bailing out the crypto generation in my old age. Gamification of investing seems like a very dangerous, er, ah, … , game.

This is only one project…actually the first I’ve seen to really reward players. The passes themselves are up to about $4700 from $4000 since I brought it up. I think the top 1/3 scores will really be rewarded. Only brought this up because in a pinball arcade forum somebody might be really talented at video games.

I think following the financial on this is fascinating. Yuga is printing on pretty much everything they touch.

#7506 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Well i mean...anyone who thinks the stock market isn't a game is kidding themselves. You can't say with a straight face 'past doesn't guarantee the future' then post a picture of the S&P as proof of how good the market is over time without admitting it boils down to gambling.

#7507 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well i mean...anyone who thinks the stock market isn't a game is kidding themselves. You can't say with a straight face 'past doesn't guarantee the future' then post a picture of the S&P as proof of how good the market is over time without admitting it boils down to gambling.

Sort of...long enough timeline bodes pretty favorably though.

I do feel like we are getting into a situation where people are forced to gamble if they want to get ahead...or even stay afloat. Nearly impossible for the average individual to keep up with the real (not reported) rate of inflation.

#7509 1 year ago

Cosmos Atom has been on a tear for the past month and the staking rewards on CDC's DeFi wallet are now averaging around 23%:

atom (resized).pngatom (resized).png
#7510 1 year ago
Quoted from robm:

Nothing at the moment, however i bought a Steady Stack Titan recently and super impressed with thier discord. A bit overwhelming at first, but there are channels for real estate, crypto, options, nfts and from what i have seen, some guys making decent profits from their calls. Floor price just under 3E at the moment, and i'm trying to sell some other NFTs and probably get another, as they are going to start promoting their brand and partner opportunities from next week. Plus talkign about having owners able to contribute to a managed fund as well as large scale mining opportunity.

Great call. Steady Stack at 5.5eth now.

#7511 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Great call. Steady Stack at 5.5eth now.

Yep, have 2 and they have introduced staking. Its hard staking which means no way to unlock. I've staked one for 3yrs and the other for 1 yr. I think of the 2500 supply, close to 1300 have staked, and many for 3 years. There is a call tomorrow where they will announce staking rewards.

Also bought some more VRA today, just before the pump. Have a fair bit of it as the technology looks as though its got a pretty decent real world application (advertising). Plus it has staking of 18%, and i think dropping to 15% at end of march this year.

#7512 1 year ago

Screenshot_20230208_211406_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230208_211406_Twitter (resized).jpg

#7513 1 year ago

https://www.piratewires.com/p/crypto-choke-point

Load up on shorts if you think it’ll happen.

#7514 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Load up on shorts if you think it’ll happen.

I was given the same advice once after I ate some bad Mexican food.

#7516 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

[quoted image]

I just got this email. Did I happen to say Fuck the SEC?

Today, Kraken reached a settlement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regarding its on-chain staking program. Because of this settlement, Kraken has agreed to end its on-chain staking services for U.S. clients.

What does this mean for you?

So long as your account is based in the U.S., you will not be able to participate in our staking program.
Your existing on-chain staking balances will be automatically unstaked. They will be returned to your Kraken spot wallet and will no longer earn rewards.
A final reward payout will be prorated through February 9th. These rewards will not be automatically staked and instead will be paid out in their non-staked form.

For more information, please refer to our blog post. If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact Kraken Support or your Kraken Account Manager.

Thank you for choosing Kraken, the trusted and secure digital asset platform.

The Kraken Team

#7517 1 year ago

Wow, this is huge. I would think all the biggies like Binance, Coinbase and Crypto.com will follow suit. That will change my whole crypto investment strategy.

#7518 1 year ago

Although this really only applies to staking through an exchange, right?

#7519 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Although this really only applies to staking through an exchange, right?

Yeah

#7520 1 year ago

Gensler literally said "not your keys, not your coins" on CNBC today.

As predicted, Bitcoin is being separated from everything else by the SEC.

#7521 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Gensler literally said "not your keys, not your coins" on CNBC today.
As predicted, Bitcoin is being separated from everything else by the SEC.

And with that I hope if/when recovery happens I can break even on my risk heavy assets to move it to BTC.

I’ll be over 1 bitcoiner at that time.

#7522 1 year ago
2AABDEE0-36E1-4CEE-9546-5F0545E48886 (resized).jpeg2AABDEE0-36E1-4CEE-9546-5F0545E48886 (resized).jpeg
#7523 1 year ago

Screenshot_20230211_103451_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230211_103451_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230211_103527_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230211_103527_Twitter (resized).jpg
7asupj (resized).jpg7asupj (resized).jpg

#7525 1 year ago

Not sure I understand the whole deal, but it's my most expensive piece of artwork so I figured I'd frame it somehow using some old useless tablet

IMG_20230211_192514619~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20230211_192514619~2 (resized).jpg

I like the dude's Visualize Value stuff and I figured that was going to be my toe in the NFT waters.

#7526 1 year ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Not sure I understand the whole deal, but it's my most expensive piece of artwork so I figured I'd frame it somehow using some old useless tablet
[quoted image]
I like the dude's Visualize Value stuff and I figured that was going to be my toe in the NFT waters.

Nice one!
I minted three of those for about $8 ea but sold them all on the way up. Oh well profit is profit.

Trump NFTs surprisingly are holding a good floor price. Cheapest is about $900 those minted for $99. Yuga’s game has closed. Scores and places announced next week, I’m very interested in seeing the results.

#7527 1 year ago

An opportunity coming up to join the steady stack titan ecosystem in the next few days with Gen 2 NFTs being announced. "Titan Legends". Will know more in the next few days, but current Titan owners will have first access. Within the discord group seems to be a fair bit of hype. Plus there is a partnership with Kelsier Capital, who apparently are pretty well known.

#7528 1 year ago

More red today, shorts printing on alts.

So far this is holding pretty true… SEC to sue BUSD stablecoin issuer Paxos for selling securities… anyone buying a stable coin expecting profit is going to be disappointed. Looks like it’s SEC’s attempt to make compliance impossible. They’ve also been extremely selective in choosing who they go after. So far it’s been Kraken, an exchange that has been voluntary showing proof of reserves for 6 years. And a fully backed stable coin issue. Guess they didn’t donate to the politicians. Meanwhile there’s been rampant fraudulent shitcoins and exchanges still in business.

Let’s see who they go after next. Maybe Circle and USDC. Be interesting since BlackRock is into Circle

#7529 1 year ago

You guys thought I was bullish:

#7530 1 year ago

SEC orders Circle to halt sales of USDC.

#7531 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

SEC orders Circle to halt sales of USDC.

This I don't understand...how can a stable coin be a security?

#7532 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

This I don't understand...how can a stable coin be a security?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/circle-squashes-rumors-of-planned-sec-enforcement-action/amp

Bad reporting on first message. Wonder what think is different between USDC and BUSD

#7533 1 year ago

20230215_190117 (resized).jpg20230215_190117 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7536 1 year ago

Screenshot_20230225_215426_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230225_215426_Twitter (resized).jpg

#7537 1 year ago

The Yuga mint game (Dookie Dash) finished its main qualifying and has been for sale for about a week. Here’s some of the numbers.

25k passes available to record scores. All cards with scores will be able to mint new project. Better the score better your mint item will be.

Spot #1 won the key.
18 year old Fortnite gamer dude won. Two days ago he put the key for sale for $3.3 million. Today he accepted an offer of 1.6million. Not bad for a week of playing a video game.

The other cards
Top 2-500 have been selling between 16-32k
501-1000 about 8-16k
1000-10000 4.5-8k depending on a few variables.
10000-24000 4-5k
No score (got a pass but didn’t play) 4k

Spoke to a gamer guy who has been jockeying scores for people. He charged $500 and guaranteed score in top 8000 or will refund if doesn’t meet goal. He said he had about 40 clients. So he made 20k in a week playing this game plus whatever tips he got.

It’ll be real interesting to see where the prices line up post mint for each score card. This was the first large scale play to mint game launched by Yuga.

How did the game do for Yuga?
It was a free mint, you just had to have an ape to get a free pass. The passes did about 61million in second hand sales, netting Yuga about 3 million and running. Yuga also offered boosts payable in Apecoin which they collected about 2.2million in usd for round 1.

Stage two is live now where ppl are competing again and top 2500 scores get companions. Generating more revenue for Yuga, resellers and pro gamers. This will be the final stage of this game.

Whole new game launches end of March. No prerequisites required, but requires Apecoin to play from what I understand.

Pretty bullish on NFT gaming…

#7538 1 year ago

https://twelvefold.io/
In other Yuga news they’re also launching a btc art NFT this week. 300 piece collection.

#7539 1 year ago

LLLC = Leveraged Long Liquidation Cascade

#7540 1 year ago

Phew… what a day in crypto land does to investors. Visually glancing at the chart is a sight hard to see.

But…. I’ll DCA a little. More BTC for me on payday Friday. Right on time.

#7541 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

https://twelvefold.io/
In other Yuga news they’re also launching a btc art NFT this week. 300 piece collection.

Hammer closes… cheapest entry, price in btc.
Yuga takes in 735 btc or about $16million.
02E47587-6EFC-4D65-BE1F-3A7ABBFDA391 (resized).png02E47587-6EFC-4D65-BE1F-3A7ABBFDA391 (resized).png

#7542 1 year ago

So I still hold a fair amount of ETH, Solana, ADA, Matic and Algo...I am now writing all of them off. Meaning, in my head they are worth zero. If I get anything at all out of them it will be a pure bonus.

Yes, ETH (to me) is a shitcoin. It will likely be the last shitcoin to go to zero...but go to zero it eventually will (I could be wrong).

#7543 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So I still hold a fair amount of ETH, Solana, ADA, Matic and Algo...I'm am now writing all of them off. Meaning, in my head they are worth zero. If I get anything at all out of them it will be a pure bonus.
Yes, ETH (to me) is a shitcoin. It will likely be the last shitcoin to go to zero...but go to zero it eventually will (I could be wrong).

I agree with you. ETH is another big tech company that can become obsolete in the future.

#7544 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I agree with you. ETH is another big tech company that can become obsolete in the future.

All PoS chains are centralized no matter how often they claim they aren't. ETH in particular.

PoW is the ONLY way to be truly decentralized and that's only true if the coins weren't pre-mined and the founder has disappeared.

#7545 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So I still hold a fair amount of ETH, Solana, ADA, Matic and Algo...I am now writing all of them off. Meaning, in my head they are worth zero. If I get anything at all out of them it will be a pure bonus.

If they are worth zero in your head today, why not trade them at the current market prices instead of wait and see?
This way at least you recover something?

I have everything (except BTC) set on spot orders to trade the minute it reaches what I paid for them. I take the risk they go to zero.

#7546 1 year ago
Quoted from pninja005:

If they are worth zero in your head today, why not trade them at the current market prices instead of wait and see?
This way at least you recover something?
I have everything (except BTC) set on spot orders to trade the minute it reaches what I paid for them. I take the risk they go to zero.

1) I could be wrong
2) Even though I think they will die eventually, they're not all dead yet. So, in the next bull run some of them could rise again...I'll sell then.
3) While it's not an immaterial amount in alts...the vast majority of what I hold is in BTC.

#7547 1 year ago

Anyone buying USDC?

#7548 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Anyone buying USDC?

I am not ...but I understand the play.

#7549 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I am not ...but I understand the play.

I bought some at .90

#7550 1 year ago

Screenshot_20230311_134636_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230311_134636_Twitter (resized).jpg

There are 8,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/151 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.