(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,270 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 166.
#7451 1 year ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Regardless, he has loans that are coming due and he's going to need money to repay them. $855 million in 23 months it appears is the first, and there's something before that too (smaller amount). He was using Silvergate which is down like 80% now as a stock, so it's possible they're in trouble too from FTX. I'm just saying that in these situations where it's known that someone has a compromised position, it's pretty typical for those positions to eventually unravel as there's a ton of money to be made shorting. Like even Musk is having issues because it's known that he has to sell Tesla at some low value to cover debt, and the stock is being walked down to that level. If people know there's a huge forced seller at some level, they usually find a way to make it happen...which is how you get those giant market crashes, cascading margin calls/forced selling.
I'm not saying that the price would stay down for long, but I do think at some point Saylor is going to have to sell a large portion of his coins. Even if the price doubles/triples from his 30k average he's still going to have to sell 1/2 or 1/3 to cover the loan probably.

Quite possible
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/05/silvergate-capital-tanks-40percent-after-crypto-bank-discloses-massive-q4-withdrawals.html

#7452 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

do you have any mints you’re excited for in 2023?

Nothing at the moment, however i bought a Steady Stack Titan recently and super impressed with thier discord. A bit overwhelming at first, but there are channels for real estate, crypto, options, nfts and from what i have seen, some guys making decent profits from their calls. Floor price just under 3E at the moment, and i'm trying to sell some other NFTs and probably get another, as they are going to start promoting their brand and partner opportunities from next week. Plus talkign about having owners able to contribute to a managed fund as well as large scale mining opportunity.

#7453 1 year ago
Quoted from robm:

Nothing at the moment, however i bought a Steady Stack Titan recently and super impressed with thier discord. A bit overwhelming at first, but there are channels for real estate, crypto, options, nfts and from what i have seen, some guys making decent profits from their calls. Floor price just under 3E at the moment, and i'm trying to sell some other NFTs and probably get another, as they are going to start promoting their brand and partner opportunities from next week. Plus talkign about having owners able to contribute to a managed fund as well as large scale mining opportunity.

SS definitely a good one. Saw a lot of alpha calls mention that one last three months… also had a friend mint 2 at .08 wild they’ve x25 original cost in less than six months.

1C0F1D20-D8E4-4515-AA8A-0F4D640331B1 (resized).png1C0F1D20-D8E4-4515-AA8A-0F4D640331B1 (resized).png
#7454 1 year ago

Is anyone minting and long-term holding NFTs at this point? Or is the smart money purely pump-and-dump? No judgment if you're making cash that way, just curious how the NFT market is functioning these days.

#7455 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is anyone minting and long-term holding NFTs at this point? Or is the smart money purely pump-and-dump? No judgment if you're making cash that way, just curious how the NFT market is functioning these days.

NFA, I’m doing both.

#7456 1 year ago
Quoted from robm:

Another good call, SS running. Everything I have with Yuga ties is running too.

#7457 1 year ago

92% of all Bitcoin that will ever be mined...have already been mined.

The remaining 8% won't be fully mined until the year 2140...no matter how much computing power you throw at it.

#7458 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Another good call, SS running. Everything I have with Yuga ties is running too.

SS up to 4E floor price now, got a 2nd at 3E the other day.

Inside discord they are talking about staking soon, as well as access to wholesale mining.

#7459 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

92% of all Bitcoin that will ever be mined...have already been mined.
The remaining 8% won't be fully mined until the year 2140...no matter how much computing power you throw at it.

Is that good or bad?

#7460 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is that good or bad?

Good if you are not a miner of bitcoin and a holder

#7461 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is that good or bad?

I would say neither. It's somthing that's been known since Bitcoin was launched in 2009. Just pointing out where we are.

#7462 1 year ago

Has there been any investigative reports on whales/wallets that cashed out near market peak?

#7463 1 year ago

An older article (09/19) but still excellent:

https://unchained.com/blog/bitcoin-is-not-backed-by-nothing/

Parker Lewis coined the term "Gradually then Suddenly" and has written many articles about finance and Bitcoin. This is also an excellent read:

https://bitcoiner.ghost.io/bitcoin-is-not-a-hedge/

#7464 1 year ago

'gradually then suddenly' is a famous Hemingway quote IIRC

#7465 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

'gradually then suddenly' is a famous Hemingway quote IIRC

So it is..thanks! Well, he brought it to bitcoin adoption

That second article is really an amazing article...IMHO.

#7466 1 year ago

Nice pump on Bitcoin I was able to take advantage of. Unfortunately only put a small amount on the trade. One guy in a group I am in did the same trade and made $104 000 profit!

OKX_1673551589979 (resized).jpgOKX_1673551589979 (resized).jpg
#7467 1 year ago
Quoted from robm:

Nice pump on Bitcoin I was able to take advantage of. Unfortunately only put a small amount on the trade. One guy in a group I am in did the same trade and made $104 000 profit!
[quoted image]

So how much did he put on the line to win that?

#7468 1 year ago

What leverage did u use ? What is that site ?
Robm

#7469 1 year ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

What leverage did u use ? What is that site ?
Robm

That’s OKX, says 30x.
https://www.okx.com/web3

Blocked for USA, idk what Canada allows.

#7470 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So how much did he put on the line to win that?

I think 30k

#7471 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

That’s OKX, says 30x.
https://www.okx.com/web3
Blocked for USA, idk what Canada allows.

Not blocked if you use a VPN....

#7472 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Not blocked if you use a VPN....

Idk about OKX but some of these leverage brokers do require KYC. Lots of ppl here use Kucoin or Bybit. You could also use LedgerX (fully legal in US but I think they max you at x4).

Side note of legality.
If anyone followed how Apecoin did staking it was really fascinating. Those Bored Apes NFTs paid about 11k for the first month if you max staked them.

#7473 1 year ago

How do you guys see the current BTC pump? Is this the end if the bottom most likely?

#7474 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How do you guys see the current BTC pump? Is this the end if the bottom most likely?

No idea...and don't care. I don't make any short term plays, so short term price action doesn't mean anything to me.

#7475 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

No idea...and don't care. I don't make any short term plays, so short term price action doesn't mean anything to me.

I ask because I want to get more BTC for my money, not because I’m trying to average down….

#7476 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I ask because I want to get more BTC for my money, not because I’m trying to average down….

So do I...but neither I nor anyone else has any idea what Bitcoin's price is going to do short term. Especially with these futures contracts in play...they have been causing a lot of additional short-term volatility. A big piece of this recent run-up was "shorters" getting liquidated.

#7477 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I'm 60% confident this was a push off the bottom, that said, its possible for it to drop to 10-12k but unlikely in my opinion.

I think the most likely scenario is it has a pullback over the next 1-3 weeks, maybe to around 17.5k-18k, then continues upwards from there.

#7478 1 year ago

Posted on Reddit:

>In the past 24 hours , 83,382 traders were liquidated , the total liquidations comes in at $467.77 million

>The largest single liquidation order happened on Huobi - BTC-USDT value $6.84M

The most interesting part is that the past hour alone had over $200M in liquidations, which means a short squeeze occurred which pushed us over to 21k. Over 90% of shorts were liquidated which meant they had to cover their positions and buy back which pushed us over to 21k.

#7479 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Posted on Reddit:
>In the past 24 hours , 83,382 traders were liquidated , the total liquidations comes in at $467.77 million
>The largest single liquidation order happened on Huobi - BTC-USDT value $6.84M
The most interesting part is that the past hour alone had over $200M in liquidations, which means a short squeeze occurred which pushed us over to 21k. Over 90% of shorts were liquidated which meant they had to cover their positions and buy back which pushed us over to 21k.

4billion in longs were taken out to cause the shorts to get liquidated.

#7480 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

4billion in longs were taken out to cause the shorts to get liquidated.

Holy Molly. Wow... That is a lot of long positions there. The bulls keep on moving forward.

Would be nice if they just get rid of Leverage!!!! Long term BTC believer here now. What I have learned through this winter season is stop putting so much of your exposure into Alt coins.

The recovery process is painful... not as much as getting screwed out of your investments held in Voyager!!! Ugh...

I just want my BTC back.

#7481 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Holy Molly. Wow... That is a lot of long positions there. The bulls keep on moving forward.
Would be nice if they just get rid of Leverage!!!! Long term BTC believer here now. What I have learned through this winter season is stop putting so much of your exposure into Alt coins.
The recovery process is painful... not as much as getting screwed out of your investments held in Voyager!!! Ugh...
I just want my BTC back.

What’s crazy to me is that our SEC has granted approve to future ETFs but denied every spot EFT. That’s like the DEA saying cannabis is illegal but crack is fine. Clown show over there.

Hope Binance comes and saves something you had at Voyager.

#7482 1 year ago

Don't be reckless with your money...have at least some exposure to Bitcoin.

#7483 1 year ago

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/u-announce-international-cryptocurrency-action-150843330.html

Edit: nothing… just DOJ flexing they busted a Russian exchange you’ve never heard of. Liquidate some longs though.

E87B0F4E-78D0-41C3-9DB0-48C33FFFFACB (resized).pngE87B0F4E-78D0-41C3-9DB0-48C33FFFFACB (resized).png
#7484 1 year ago

Helium is finally starting to creep up, as are the rewards, I may actually pay off what I invested in this Bobcat miner eventually.

#7485 1 year ago

Remember when I asked this? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Quoted from cait001:

Has there been any investigative reports on whales/wallets that cashed out near market peak?

Shot:
Screenshot_20230119-200411_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230119-200411_Chrome (resized).jpg

Chaser:
Screenshot_20230119-200508_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230119-200508_Chrome (resized).jpg

Word is he was an incredibly enthused cheerleader.... And then let everyone else be the bag holder. Even people he was close to. LOL a total sociopath.

#7486 1 year ago

I met a friend of a friend at a bar last night. He used to buy weed with Bitcoin back when they were around $30. About 2 years ago he realized he had some in an old account and cashed out near the peak in November 2021 and retired. He wouldn't tell me how many, but he said "more than a couple." I was jealous.

#7487 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I met a friend of a friend at a bar last night. He used to buy weed with Bitcoin back when they were around $30. About 2 years ago he realized he had some in an old account and cashed out near the peak in November 2021 and retired. He wouldn't tell me how many, but he said "more than a couple." I was jealous.

Well if he retired he either already had a lot of money or he had a couple x 50+.

#7488 1 year ago

Anyone here really talented in endless runner games?

#7489 1 year ago

https://supraoracles.com/blastoff?ref=5f761-107709

The above link gets you 1500 free Supra tokens - prob takes 20 mins to do the 'missions'. A few people have mentioned these could be worth around $500 at airdrop time, and if things get cracking , quite a lot more. Prob worth it, as 0 risk.

#7490 1 year ago

Mining and staking update:

Helium low watt antenna mining... total earnings currently at $66.91. I spent $400 in ETH for the miner (luckily all profit) and probably $150 more for the antenna and cabling. So it's got a long ways to go before it ever pays for itself. It may never pay for itself, if that's the case, maybe I'll sell off the fancy antenna to a ham radio operator.

Atom/Cosmos staking... it's up to like 22.8% APR. I also bought more Atom near the bottom at $7-$8, it's now at $13. So this has been pretty profitable over the past year, I re-stake the rewards every couple days and keep growing my pile of Atom coins. If they ever go up anywhere near their previous high in the 40s I'm cashing out 50% and then continuing to stake.

I'm much less bullish on crypto these days and looking to take profits in the next bull run and continue to consolidate around BTC, ETH and ATOM.

#7491 1 year ago
Quoted from robm:

The above link gets you 1500 free Supra tokens - prob takes 20 mins to do the 'missions'. A few people have mentioned these could be worth around $500 at airdrop time, and if things get cracking , quite a lot more. Prob worth it, as 0 risk.

How was the kyc?

#7492 1 year ago
Quoted from robm:

Always good practice to disclose what you're getting as a referral bonus (if you're getting one).

#7493 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How was the kyc?

only a licence/passport photo and selfie - got approved fairly quickly

#7494 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Always good practice to disclose what you're getting as a referral bonus (if you're getting one).

Fair call - to be honest i don't even know. The referral thing is part of getting the 1500 free tokens. I'm just passing on as a couple of groups i'm in have been suggesting this may have potential, and they've made some pretty good calls in recent times.

#7495 1 year ago
Quoted from robm:

Fair call - to be honest i don't even know. The referral thing is part of getting the 1500 free tokens. I'm just passing on as a couple of groups i'm in have been suggesting this may have potential, and they've made some pretty good calls in recent times.

I was bored so I followed your link...only got 500?

#7496 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Anyone here really talented in endless runner games?

Just curious what this entails lol

#7497 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I was bored so I followed your link...only got 500?

Hmm, did you do all the things? Cause i got 1500?

Must admit, the website was a bit slow for me.

#7498 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Just curious what this entails lol

This is the newest launched game from Yuga Labs (BAYC). Every ape got a free sewer pass. You need a pass to play the game.

The highest score wins the key. Every other score may win a mint based on their score. Better the score better the prize. There’s four tiers of passes. 2,3, and 4 give you score boosts. Deadline for scores is Feb 8th.

The key will be worth a lot but also top scores (10%) too.

#7499 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

This is the newest launched game from Yuga Labs (BAYC). Every ape got a free sewer pass. You need a pass to play the game.
The highest score wins the key. Every other score may win a mint based on their score. Better the score better the prize. There’s four tiers of passes. 2,3, and 4 give you score boosts. Deadline for scores is Feb 8th.
The key will be worth a lot but also top scores (10%) too.

This is investing?

#7500 1 year ago

It’s a skill based game. If you want to invest in it as a player you have to have the skills to play.

The passes themselves are tradable. So far in three days they’ve sold $33million dollars worth of passes that were all given away for free. Cheapest pass on the market is $4k. Be interesting to see where the value lies after mint prizes released.

There are 8,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.