(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,321 posts
  • 221 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 123 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20221125-211649_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221125-171714_Twitter (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20221117-111731_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221115-212557_Reddit (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221115-155023_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221115-130806_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221115-105930_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221113-232359_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221113-210851_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221113-201737_Reddit (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221113-180330_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221113-180201_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221112-113319_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 147.
#7251 16 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

there are many peer to peer trading platforms and you can even transact person to person.

What's the best peer to peer to use? How do they facilitate the transactions? A fee to transact?

#7252 16 days ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

What's the best peer to peer to use? How do they facilitate the transactions? A fee to transact?

https://localbitcoins.com/ Is the biggest if your looking P2P. However I like Kraken, it isn’t P2P but it’s been doing reserve auditing every year and past every year. Once I buy then transfer to a hardware wallet. I also do the same with Cashapp.

#7253 16 days ago

Screenshot_20221115-130806_Twitter (resized).jpg

#7254 16 days ago

*yawn* sorry man, it's just narrative people trying to save their skin because it doesn't go up if everyone runs away. This isn't the damage control you want. This should have been a major narrative all along if they really felt this way, but people were hyping up everything in some manner because hyping = uptrend. Sure there were known shit coins, but as we've already established, it isn't the product that is the issue here, it is the people. This new...thing they are doing reminds me of dooms day-ers when the date comes and goes, and if it was the first time, that'd be one thing...but it's happened multiple times over time when people questioned the initial 'benefits' that turned out to be false.

#7255 16 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

*yawn* sorry man, it's just narrative people trying to save their skin because it doesn't go up if everyone runs away. This isn't the damage control you want. This should have been a major narrative all along if they really felt this way, but people were hyping up everything in some manner because hyping = uptrend. Sure there were known shit coins, but as we've already established, it isn't the product that is the issue here, it is the people. This new...thing they are doing reminds me of dooms day-ers when the date comes and goes, and if it was the first time, that'd be one thing...but it's happened multiple times over time when people questioned the initial 'benefits' that turned out to be false.

It's not new. Bitcoin not "crypto" has been going on for a few years now...just getting louder with recent events. Notice the crypto is always in quotes. That's an important distinction. Of course Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency...it's the original! But it's not "crypto" which refers to literally the entire rest of the ecosystem that are 99% scams. Sorry if you don't get it, or don't like it...is what it is.

#7256 16 days ago

We get it, but you don't need to hammer it home again and again is what I think he was saying. It feels a little like how gold bug's constantly hype gold saying the same things and posting the same memes over and over.

I was planning on buying more BTC and ETH this week, but I can't tell where the market is going with people running scared. Generally that's a good time to buy though.

#7257 16 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

We get it, but you don't need to hammer it home again and again is what I think he was saying. It feels a little like how gold bug's constantly hype gold saying the same things and posting the same memes over and over.
I was planning on buying more BTC and ETH this week, but I can't tell where the market is going with people running scared. Generally that's a good time to buy though.

Good post, and good way to say "hey...maybe chill on the memes"

#7258 16 days ago

Potential big short squeeze inbound:

Screenshot_20221115-155023_Twitter (resized).jpg

#7259 16 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

My macro take.
The 2008 market crash took six months to start to recover from. That’s how long it took for regulations and sediment to pickup. I don’t think we’ve seen a bottom yet especially on Eth.

Regulation will be the next upswing imo, let’s hope they don’t pick the bill that SBF and his father helped write.

Also here comes cbdc pilot program
https://watcher.guru/news/global-banks-partner-with-new-york-fed-for-12-week-digital-dollar-pilot

#7260 15 days ago

Screenshot_20221115-212557_Reddit (resized).jpg

#7262 15 days ago

Be prepared for all digital assets besides Bitcoin to be designated as unregistered securities by the SEC. This will be the fallout from FTX (so thank Sam again).

#7263 15 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Be prepared for all digital assets besides Bitcoin to be designated as unregistered securities by the SEC. This will be the fallout from FTX (so thank Sam again).

I don’t think they can pull that, especially with Gensler’s ties to SBF.
Pretty crazy some media is really trying to change the narrative for SBF.

#7264 15 days ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Really? Everything I'm reading is torching the guy as an incompetent hipster scam artist. Where are you seeing positive coverage?

#7265 15 days ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I don’t think they can pull that, especially with Gensler’s ties to SBF.

Gensler's ties to SBF? Please. I've seen absolutely nothing substantial.

#7266 15 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I wonder what percentage of BTC holdings are outside of the USA's legislative grasp.
USA regulatory policy will have a massive impact of course, but it will be interesting to see the global reaction.

#7267 15 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Gensler's ties to SBF? Please. I've seen absolutely nothing substantial.

https://twitter.com/reptomemmer/status/1590717374801809409?s=46&t=IDUsTeYbK0OucqseB3NvuQ

This is what I was referring to.

#7270 14 days ago

Shout out to the guy in the responses explaining that the tissues are tokens

#7271 14 days ago

Bitcoin looks appealing here. Surprised SB-F-TX fiasco didn’t hit the price harder. I’m not an actual buyer due to not liking the exchanges, and not liking hard wallets, but if I was, I’d be buying.

#7272 14 days ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Bitcoin looks appealing here. Surprised SB-F-TX fiasco didn’t hit the price harder. I’m not an actual buyer due to not liking the exchanges, and not liking hard wallets, but if I was, I’d be buying.

Well, turns out FTX held zero Bitcoin...which was part of their problem. Their "assets" were illiquid.

#7273 14 days ago

Not going to lie...I did lose a chunk in Solana.

#7274 14 days ago

8th largest market cap on the crypto (yes that includes BTC) charts is still dogecoin with $11.5 billion...
Screenshot_20221117-111731_Chrome (resized).jpg

#7275 14 days ago
Quoted from cait001:

8th largest market cap on the crypto (yes that includes BTC) charts is still dogecoin with $11.5 billion...
[quoted image]

The perfect indicator of the level of human intelligence. We have a long way to go.

#7276 14 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The perfect indicator of the level of human intelligence. We have a long way to go.

I'm actually in awe that it is over 11billion. I wouldn't have guessed even 1billion.

#7277 13 days ago

Things aren't looking good for Gemini.

#7278 13 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Things aren't looking good for Gemini.

More than the earn token with Genesis?

#7279 13 days ago

Im more worried about Tether failing than Gemini

#7280 13 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm actually in awe that it is over 11billion. I wouldn't have guessed even 1billion.

What did it peak at? (Apart from the moon.)

#7282 12 days ago

I’m still buying LINK every once in awhile, added a little to my BTC holdings and DCA’s my GRT position because it’s so damn cheap.

Other than that, I think I’m doing what everyone else is doing. Sitting on the sidelines waiting for the next exchange to implode so we can move on from this shit, or the government to roll in and ban everything.

The only thing I lost in the FTX nightmare was the old Blockfolio app. I loved that app but now it’s dead because it was part of the FTX API. So when they shut down, all the price feeds died.

#7283 12 days ago

J.P. Morgan — “while the news of the collapse of FTX is empowering crypto skeptics, we would point out that all of the recent collapses in the crypto ecosystem have been from centralized players and not from decentralized protocols"

#7284 12 days ago

Yep, the FTX collapse really has less to do with crypto and more to do with yet another inept, unqualified and/or corrupt person running a financial company making poor decisions again and again and not correcting things before their house of cards tumbles.

#7285 10 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

another inept, unqualified and/or corrupt person running a [...] company making poor decisions again and again and not correcting things before their house of cards tumbles.

Thank you for once again bringing the topic back around to pinball

#7286 10 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

J.P. Morgan — “while the news of the collapse of FTX is empowering crypto skeptics, we would point out that all of the recent collapses in the crypto ecosystem have been from centralized players and not from decentralized protocols"

https://finbold.com/jpmorgan-officially-registers-a-cryptocurrency-wallet-trademark/

#7287 9 days ago
#7288 9 days ago

Anyone else looking at Valhalla NFTs? https://opensea.io/collection/valhalla

1000 ETH trading volume in first 2 hours

#7289 9 days ago

I get what they're saying, but they're gonna get laughed out of the room with some of their supporting infographics. I'm no economist, and I'm sure the author would chuff and bluster and say "FILTHY FIATER!" or something equally hilarious, but... come on...

like... this is is just bad, and swapping in some classic fallacies to (seemingly) cheerlead bitcoin forward amongst the calls of "bitcoin isn't crypto!"

I do welcome the death of web3.0, however

#7290 8 days ago
Quoted from robm:

It’s the big project today but not for me. Looks like they’re launching a gaming platform. I’ve been real into McBess Cel Mates art over Valhalla.

#7291 8 days ago
Quoted from robm:

Cel Mates flip Valhalla in FP even with a lower MP.

#7292 7 days ago
Quoted from cait001:

I get what they're saying, but they're gonna get laughed out of the room with some of their supporting infographics. I'm no economist, and I'm sure the author would chuff and bluster and say "FILTHY FIATER!" or something equally hilarious, but... come on...
[quoted image]
like... this is is just bad, and swapping in some classic fallacies to (seemingly) cheerlead bitcoin forward amongst the calls of "bitcoin isn't crypto!"
[quoted image]
I do welcome the death of web3.0, however

It's really the "words" that matter. The "point" of the story.

#7293 7 days ago

Consensys (company that owns MetaMask) begins collecting IP and Geolocation on all transactions.

Link to add alchemy network if you wish to prevent that.

https://docs.alchemy.com/docs/how-to-add-alchemy-rpc-endpoints-to-metamask

#7294 6 days ago

If one entity held 51% (or more) of the circulating supply of Bitcoin, would that entity control the network? (Trick question).

#7295 6 days ago

Screenshot_20221125-171714_Twitter (resized).jpg

#7296 5 days ago

I think we can all agree that this is pretty funny
Screenshot_20221125-211649_Chrome (resized).jpg

#7297 5 days ago
#7299 3 days ago

All the houses of cards are starting to fall...

"Dear Dan,

BlockFi today voluntarily filed petitions for Chapter 11 reorganization. You will be able to find the official announcement here.

This action follows the shocking events surrounding FTX and associated corporate entities (“FTX”) and the difficult but necessary decision we made as a result to pause most activities on our platform.

Since the pause, our team has explored every strategic option and alternative available to us, and has remained laser-focused on our primary objective of doing the best we can for our clients. These Chapter 11 cases will enable BlockFi to stabilize the business and provide BlockFi with the opportunity to consummate a reorganization plan that maximizes value for all stakeholders, including our valued clients.

Rest assured, we will continue to work on recovering all obligations owed to BlockFi as promptly as practicable.

Additional information regarding our Chapter 11 cases, including court documents and claim information, can be found by visiting BlockFi’s claims agent Kroll at https://restructuring.ra.kroll.com/blockfi. Clients with questions about the process may call Kroll at (888) 773-0375 (Toll Free) or (646) 440-4371 (International), or email [email protected]."

#7300 3 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

All the houses of cards are starting to fall...
"Dear Dan,
BlockFi today voluntarily filed petitions for Chapter 11 reorganization. You will be able to find the official announcement here.
This action follows the shocking events surrounding FTX and associated corporate entities (“FTX”) and the difficult but necessary decision we made as a result to pause most activities on our platform.
Since the pause, our team has explored every strategic option and alternative available to us, and has remained laser-focused on our primary objective of doing the best we can for our clients. These Chapter 11 cases will enable BlockFi to stabilize the business and provide BlockFi with the opportunity to consummate a reorganization plan that maximizes value for all stakeholders, including our valued clients.
Rest assured, we will continue to work on recovering all obligations owed to BlockFi as promptly as practicable.
Additional information regarding our Chapter 11 cases, including court documents and claim information, can be found by visiting BlockFi’s claims agent Kroll at https://restructuring.ra.kroll.com/blockfi. Clients with questions about the process may call Kroll at (888) 773-0375 (Toll Free) or (646) 440-4371 (International), or email [email protected]."

Not your keys, not your coins.

There are 7,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!