(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,247 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png
btc (resized).jpg
IMG_7715 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 165.
#6301 1 year ago

People are calling on Coinbase users to transfer their crypto into hardware wallets after the exchange warned a bankruptcy could mean losing their investment

https://www.businessinsider.com/coinbase-users-transfer-crypto-cold-hardware-wallets-2022-5

#6302 1 year ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

100% the case? That's a bold brush to paint every crypto holder with hahaha.
I imagine there are quite a few people who jump into it hoping for moon shots, but to say everyone in crypto has that mentality is simply not true.
Usually the ones who jump in and over bet on hyped altcoins get flushed out whenever the markets correct. That's why you see so many alts rise and die each cycle. Those are the gambling type.
But there are also a lot of people in crypto who are DCAing in, within their budget to not overextend themselves, in coins they believe have strong fundamentals and a bright future. They're not afraid to hold for the long term.
I think the crypto market, lead by Bitcoin, has shown that it has evolved into a form of legit investing. Yes its still early on in crypto, and for every good project there are quite a few shitty ones too. It's up to the buyer to do their research. "A fool and his money are soon parted" is true. But to say everyone who buys crypto is a gambler or a fool isn't a very observant view. Though some people see it this way, and that's fine. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

I said 100% the case "for people I know".

I realize it's not everyone but the a ton of people seem to be in there because they heard or someone told them about it not because they are even remotely educated about it.

All I have to do is ask to explain blockchain or something so I can hear them say um 50 times and bullshit something.

It's like when some dumbass politician said the internet was a "series of tubes" back in the day.

#6303 1 year ago

Screenshot_20220514-102236_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220514-102236_Twitter (resized).jpg

#6304 1 year ago

I'm calling it: LUNA and UST are dead, dead, dead...never to be resurrected.

Edit to add: For LUNA to get back to $1 it would have a market cap 13x larger than Bitcoin's.

#6305 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

[quoted image]

#6306 1 year ago

CRO is in the toilet, might be a good buy if it goes to $0.01, or they burn 20 billion coins.

#6307 1 year ago

Just rumors floating around right now...that the next crypto business that could be in trouble is Celsius.

#6308 1 year ago

Screenshot_20220514-184529_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220514-184529_Twitter (resized).jpg

#6309 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Just rumors floating around right now...that the next crypto business that could be in trouble is Celsius.

I deleted my Celcius account and they emailed me this after deletion:

"We have looked into your request for the erasure of your personal information and, unfortunately, we are not able to fully erase your personal information as we are legally required to retain such information for compliance with our legal obligations under applicable legislation, as well as for additional legitimate interests (such as securing internal records for audit purposes, and more)."

Kind of annoying.

#6310 1 year ago

Cory Klippsten spells out how Celsius is a Ponzi. This is just a snippet:

Screenshot_20220515-111603_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220515-111603_Twitter (resized).jpg

Cory had also spelled out how Terra LUNA's operation could not work well before it came crashing down.

https://wantfi.com/celsius-network-review.html#celsius-is-currently-operating-as-a-technical-ponzi-scheme

#6311 1 year ago

Interesting thread from Vitalik...it keeps going:
Screenshot_20220517-113453_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220517-113453_Twitter (resized).jpg

#6312 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Interesting thread from Vitalik...it keeps going:
[quoted image]

Huh... Gotta read this after work. Did a road-block happen with ETH 2.0? Is Vitalik frustrated on how crypto space has been misused and wants it to behave in a different manner... but realizes He cannot change it?

Seems he is in a roadblock.

#6313 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Huh... Gotta read this after work. Did a road-block happen with ETH 2.0? Is Vitalik frustrated on how crypto space has been misused and wants it to behave in a different manner... but realizes He cannot change it?
Seems he is in a roadblock.

I honestly believe (and could be wrong) that he had a vision of improving Bitcoin...and now realizes he can't.

#6314 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I honestly believe (and could be wrong) that he had a vision of improving Bitcoin...and now realizes he can't.

Improving Bitcoin itself or Making ETH better than Bitcoin?

#6315 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I think it was making ETH into a "better" Bitcoin. There are some altcoins with impressive properties, but the scale of Bitcoin's network and adoption is the thing they can't have.

#6316 1 year ago

What do you guys think about ADA these days? Fork coming in June.

I currently hold about 12000 ADA with an average purchase price of 1.15. I'm considering getting 10k or so now and dump it when/if it doubles?

Weird thing is in the end I don't care about any altcoin anymore and just want to accumulate BTC. Just trying to find a way through altcoins to gather more fiat to get more BTC.

#6317 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Making ETH better.

#6318 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Making ETH better.

I’m just hoping BTC drops hard so I can load up more

#6319 1 year ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I currently hold about 12000 ADA with an average purchase price of 1.15. I'm considering getting 10k or so now and dump it when/if it doubles?
Weird thing is in the end I don't care about any altcoin anymore and just want to accumulate BTC. Just trying to find a way through altcoins to gather more fiat to get more BTC.

I'm with you. When the market recovers I plan to dump the rest of my alts and go all BTC. I sold more than half of of my ADA at $2.18 back in Oct. I sold 14.3 ETH back in May at over $4,068 and 7.45 more in Oct at $4,177. Unfortunatley the rest of my ETH is locked up until it coverts (if).

#6320 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm with you. When the market recovers I plan to dump the rest of my alts and go all BTC. I sold more than half of of my ADA at $2.18 back in Oct. I sold 14.3 ETH back in May at over $4,068 and 7.45 more in Oct at $4,177. Unfortunatley the rest of my ETH is locked up until it coverts (if).

How long do you plan on holding BTC for?

#6321 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How long do you plan on holding BTC for?

Oh no he didn't!

#6322 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Oh no he didn't!

What!? Lol! ……I’m new to this. It’s a legit question. I was thinking 10 years plus

#6323 1 year ago
200 (4).gif200 (4).gif
#6324 1 year ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I think the Fork will see the blockchain transactions become even faster, and they have already been very fast as of late through smaller upgrades, so I'm excited to see if they become almost instantaneous. With that being said, I don't see the fork being a catalyst for a decent price increase. Technical improvements are usually celebrated by those within a coins community, but not very often does it create big hype resulting in lots of attention from outside others to buy in. Especially in a bear market where people are hesitant to buy as it is.
Right now, I feel the best play is to simply buy whatever coin you want to hold long-term. If that's bitcoin, I would go straight to bitcoin and bypass the hope that cardano has a pump. Which is odd for me to say, as I'm still adding to my cardano bags each week lol. But lets say you buy Cardano and the market dumps further. Just like any alt, chances are it will bleed more than Bitcoin. So it all depends if you're comfortable holding Cardano long term if it doesn't get the pump you're after.
Personally I'm happy to hold Cardano through the bear market, as I believe in the coin long term and am happily staking my Ada and earning more each day through that.

#6325 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What!? Lol! ……I’m new to this. It’s a legit question. I was thinking 10 years plus

Didn’t mean to pick on the new guy, but if you’ve followed the thread Astropin is about as hard-core of a Bitcoin believer as you’ll find. You’re not going to catch him using the words “Bitcoin” and “sell” in the same sentence!

#6326 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Didn’t mean to pick on the new guy, but if you’ve followed the thread Astropin is about as hard-core of a Bitcoin believer as you’ll find. You’re not going to catch him using the words “Bitcoin” and “sell” in the same sentence!

Why would I sell the best money ever known to man back into a depreciating fiat...ever?

#6327 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Quoted from Astropin:

Why would I sell the best money ever known to man back into a depreciating fiat...ever?

Didn’t mean no disrespect to Astropin and yes I know he is very hard core on BTC and I’m trying to follow in his footsteps. He already was kind enough to lend a hand explaining to me about cold storage which I had no idea even existed!

Astro you make a great point about why selling btc back to fiat but at some point there’s got to be a selling point I think no? The way I see it, unless BTC is accepted as payment everywhere it would be hard not to sell when it hits 1 million in 10+ years (fingers crossed) Unless I’m looking at this from a different perspective?

Thread…..Enlighten me!

#6328 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Didn’t mean no disrespect to Astropin and yes I know he is very hard core on BTC and I’m trying to follow in his footsteps. He already was kind enough to lend a hand explaining to me about cold storage which I had no idea even existed!
Astro you make a great point about why selling btc back to fiat but at some point there’s got to be a selling point I think no? The way I see it, unless BTC is accepted as payment everywhere it would be hard not to sell when it hits 1 million in 10+ years (fingers crossed) Unless I’m looking at this from a different perspective?
Thread…..Enlighten me!

"Selling" means converting back to fiat $$. I never said I wouldn't "spend" some of my BTC. But...it better be for something I really need/want. Like a house. You can already spend bitcoin on groceries or your coffee if you wanted to...but why would you? The Cash app (and many others...thanks to Jake Mallers, Strike and the Lightning Network...no credit card needed) make it possible to spend your bitcoin instantly with no fee at over 80 million merchants and growing. But again, why would you (for now). I save in BTC and I "spend" my shitty fiat.

#6329 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thread…..Enlighten me!

I believe the thought is that by the time its worth, say, 1 million per bitcoin, its adoption and acceptance will be to the level that you won't need to sell/convert it to fiat form to "cash in", you'll just be able to spend it in its form as is. For me I see it as not so much a single selling point, but the idea of taking small profits along the way, that would be most beneficial. Maybe some of that profit taking is by converting to fiat, until we hit the point where the converting is no longer even necessary.

I do have a question of my own though that your post made me want to ask. Do you folks see Bitcoin working as a payment option as the main drive to its future success? I personally feel its strength has always been, and will always be, its ability to be a safe store of value, not tethered to depreciative fiat currency. But maybe I'm underestimating the importance of it being a payment system too.

#6330 1 year ago

I believe the thought is that by the time its worth, say, 1 million per bitcoin, its adoption and acceptance will be to the level that you won't need to sell/convert it to fiat form to "cash in", you'll just be able to spend it in its form as is. For me I see it as not so much a single selling point, but the idea of taking small profits along the way, that would be most beneficial. Maybe some of that profit taking is by converting to fiat, until we hit the point where the converting is no longer even necessary.
I do have a question of my own though that your post made me want to ask. Do you folks see Bitcoin working as a payment option as the main drive to its future success? I personally feel its strength has always been, and will always be, its ability to be a safe store of value, not tethered to depreciative fiat currency. But maybe I'm underestimating the importance of it being a payment system too.

My post above yours...it already is a payment system thanks to the Lighting Network...if that's what you want to use it for. I prefer it as a SoV.

#6331 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My post above yours...it already is a payment system thanks to the Lighting Network...if that's what you want to use it for. I prefer it as a SoV.

Sorry, I didn't word it very clearly. I realize that the lightning network already has given Bitcoin a payment system. I more so meant to ask if people feel that is its main value moving forward, or if the store of value is the main value still. I realize both parts are valuable to Bitcoins future, I just feel its original purpose will always be its most valuable aspect.

#6332 1 year ago

Sorry, I didn't word it very clearly. I realize that the lightning network already has given Bitcoin a payment system. I more so meant to ask if people feel that is its main value moving forward, or if the store of value is the main value still. I realize both parts are valuable to Bitcoins future, I just feel its original purpose will always be its most valuable aspect.

Exactly what I wanted my next question to be!

I love the SoV idea but unless you can payoff say your mortgage with BTC so you can retire, there’s got to be a point where you must sell one or 2 coins to live debt free or set up your own business.

Now if BTC is accepted everywhere in the near future, wouldn’t that lessen it’s value as opposed to now that is viewed as a limited number asset and a hedge against inflation (store of value) like gold?

#6333 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Now if BTC is accepted everywhere in the near future, wouldn’t that lessen it’s value as opposed to now that is viewed as a limited number asset and a hedge against inflation (store of value) like gold?

It will greatly increase it's value. Why?...true scarcity. There will only be 21 million bitcoin (and many are forever lost already). Bitcoin is being adopted at a pace 2x the rate of adoption of the internet...but right now is still very early in that process.

#6334 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It will greatly increase it's value. Why?...true scarcity. There will only be 21 million bitcoin (and many are forever lost already). Bitcoin is being adopted at a pace 2x the rate of adoption of the internet...but right now is still very early in that process.

This makes me like BTC even more!

#6335 1 year ago
F7910A24-E472-48D0-A1CF-0719A65C6B87 (resized).jpegF7910A24-E472-48D0-A1CF-0719A65C6B87 (resized).jpeg
#6336 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I finally bit the bullet a couple days ago and converted all my alt coins to bitcoin at around $37.8k or so. Even went one step further and deleted my various crypto accounts, only have 2 left although soon to be just one. So the only crypto I have now is btc, that's it. Gonna do what I do best which is buy and hold rather than try and keep up with alt coins.

Looks like my post aged reasonably well.

#6337 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Cory Klippsten spells out how Celsius is a Ponzi. This is just a snippet:

Thats news? There is Crypto that isn't a Ponzi?

#6338 1 year ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

There is Crypto that isn't a Ponzi?

Depending on your POV you can argue that most crypto is rank speculation on inherently worthless assets, a pump-and-dump scheme, 21st century tulip bulbs, etc. But "Ponzi scheme" has a specific meaning that doesn't map onto most crypto transactions.

#6339 1 year ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Thats news? There is Crypto that isn't a Ponzi?

Yeah...there is no possible way that bitcoin is any sort of scam/Ponzi; literally impossible.

Plus, Celsius isn't a "crypto"...it's a company pandering to the crypto community. Although part of that business does include their own "cel" token.

#6340 1 year ago

I'm itching to pull the trigger!

Edit...bang!

#6341 1 year ago

Ballsy… I think we have more red in the future.

#6342 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm itching to pull the trigger!
Edit...bang!

I’m waiting for it to go even lower….

#6343 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Ballsy… I think we have more red in the future.

I've got more locked & loaded...I'll DCA the downtrend.

#6344 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I’m going opposite route and putting in shorts on Eth to hedge my holdings. NFA

#6345 1 year ago

Wow! All my crypto is going to shit right now

#6346 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'll be DCAing as we go as well. I too don't think we've hit bottom yet, and I'm not overly worried about timing it. I don't see this having a v shaped recovery, unless we get some mega bullish news. I feel with how the economy is right now, once we do hit bottom, it will be a slow rise back up until the mania starts again around the next bitcoin halving in 2024. So that should give us all plenty of time to accumulate before the next bull run.

#6347 1 year ago

We’ve always got liquid pins if the entire market goes to zero, lol. What a shit show lately, ugh

#6348 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You think BTC has hit bottom?

Down to 25k, then bounce up to 35k in Summer, then down to 15-20k for the remainder of the year, with relief coming in October.

Load up your bags when ETH is $1500.

From my crystal ball

#6349 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Down to 25k, then bounce up to 35k in Summer, then down to 15-20k for the remainder of the year, with relief coming in October.
From my crystal ball

I think I’m done with ETH and can’t wait to unload my bags on shitcoins I got. I’m all about BTC now

#6350 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

From my crystal ball

Your crystal ball may be right for a triple top ?

btc (resized).JPGbtc (resized).JPG
There are 8,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.