(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,270 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 166.
#6101 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Just to show the...other side of the equation and how people really overestimate their anonymity. And this person knew what they were doing and took steps to make it difficult.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/doj-seizes-34-million-of-crypto-from-the-dark-web-seller-215005062.html

"Anonimity" will increase over time...and, people will always do stupid shit and get caught.

#6102 2 years ago

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC POST:

Couple of my first Sideshow figures arrived.

20220405_172413 (resized).jpg20220405_172413 (resized).jpg
20220405_224224 (resized).jpg20220405_224224 (resized).jpg

I think they're pretty bad ass. One comic Iron-Man and one movie Iron-Man. Both limited editions.

#6103 2 years ago

Nice Iron Man NFTs

#6104 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC POST:
Couple of my first Sideshow figures arrived.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I think they're pretty bad ass. One comic Iron-Man and one movie Iron-Man. Both limited editions.

Ah, nice to see physical stuff of value again…

Not much of an Iron Man fan, but those do look cool. Nice use of lighting too.

#6105 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Nice Iron Man NFTs

Non-Fungible Totems. Now these I can get behind.

#6106 2 years ago

Aventfers.

#6107 2 years ago

Strong speech by Thiel at the Bitcoin conference....

#6108 2 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Strong speech by Thiel at the Bitcoin conference....

It was good...I thought he was wrong in his comparison to ETH. BTC on lighting provides all the ultrafast, ultra cheap transactions you need.

#6109 2 years ago

Missed Thiel’s talk but caught some of Jack Mallers today.

Pretty big Shopify announcement.

https://cryptoslate.com/bitcoin-to-be-accepted-by-mcdonalds-and-walmart-via-lightning-network/

#6110 2 years ago

I want to do some consolidation of my alt coins I have on various exchanges to sell them, move the money all to one exchange, and buy one or two coins to stake. I haven't done much moving around, any advice on how to minimize the fees? Should I convert them all to a low fee coin, then move that?

#6111 2 years ago

Can any of you that installed aftermarket antenna for your Bobcat miner post links? There are about a million connector and cable options that I'm not sure what to buy. I got shipping notification from Bobcat that my miner shipped.....finally.

#6112 2 years ago

I got the shipping notification today too! My antenna is up and ready to go, I bought:

-LMR Cable from USA Coax: Helium Hotspot Custom LMR-400 cable, 30 FT, MPD Connector combination: RP-SMA male / N male
-8 dbi antenna (I might have gone too big, we will see): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09D53VX86
-Lightning arrestor: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JY6TD2T
-Chimney mount: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0936WJTHL
-Extra connector kit just in case: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V34ZXQY

I grounded the lightning arrestor with pinball wire to an earth ground and wrapped up all the connections in waterproof silicon tape once it was all set up.

#6113 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I got the shipping notification today too! My antenna is up and ready to go, I bought:
-LMR Cable from USA Coax: Helium Hotspot Custom LMR-400 cable, 30 FT, MPD Connector combination: RP-SMA male / N male
-8 dbi antenna (I might have gone too big, we will see): amazon.com link »
-Lightning arrestor: amazon.com link »
-Chimney mount: amazon.com link »
-Extra connector kit just in case: amazon.com link »
I grounded the lightning arrestor with pinball wire to an earth ground and wrapped up all the connections in waterproof silicon tape once it was all set up.

Do you have a good spot for if? I had trouble figuring out profitability since you have to account for network expansion while you wait for it to ship.

#6114 2 years ago

Yeah... I'm not quite sure how profitable it will be, I'm hoping to at least pay for my investment in the first year.

Back when I ordered in September 2021 there were no other miners in my hex, now there is one that's been up for 2 months. They have a 4dbi antenna, up 6 meters, not alot of witnesses and earned $60 in the last 30 days. Mine will be 8dbi and up 9 meters, I have a visual sight line going many miles in the city from my roof.

It looks like in the nearby hexes with 2-5 miners, the top 2 usually make about $60 a month, but none have 8dbi antennas.

#6115 2 years ago

How do you check what miners are around you?

Never mind, I found it.

Anyone know if cable length between the miner and antenna matters?

#6116 2 years ago

We’ll this is disheartening. Is this going to completely kill all earning / interest /staking in the United States?

Apparently Celsius found out something from US Regulators that keeps them from paying out rewards unless your “accredited”.

Today, we are writing to give our community advance notice of upcoming changes, which will go into effect on April 15, 2022. These changes provide a path forward for our users in the United States to continue holding coins and earning rewards with Celsius.

As we previously have acknowledged, Celsius has been working closely with regulators around the world. It is our intention to be as transparent with our community as possible. More specifically, we have been in ongoing discussions with United States regulators regarding our Earn product.

As a result, there will be changes to the way our Earn product will work for users based in the United States.

Here’s how these changes impact you:
All coins transferred to Celsius by users in the United States prior to April 15, 2022 will continue to earn rewards. Those existing coins will continue to earn rewards from April 15th and onward, for as long as they remain in their Earn accounts.

On April 15, 2022, Celsius will be launching a new Custody solution for users in the United States. Your Custody account will serve as the centerpiece of your home for crypto, providing a secure way to navigate across Celsius’ products, including store, access, borrow, spend, earn and grow.

New transfers made by non-accredited investors in the United States will be held in their new Custody accounts and will not earn rewards. Non-accredited investors can continue to swap, borrow, and transfer within their Custody accounts based on their local jurisdiction.

All coins posted as collateral against a loan that is opened prior to April 15, 2022, will be returned to their Earn accounts when the loan is repaid. Those coins will resume earning rewards for as long as they remain in their Earn accounts.

Verified accredited investors in the United States will be able to add new coins into their Earn accounts to earn rewards. For additional information on how to become an accredited investor, contact us at https://celsius.network/customer-care or read more.

Users located outside of the United States will be unaffected by these changes. They will continue to have access to all of the products and services available to them prior to these changes.

Watch our Custody tutorial video to learn more.

Celsius will never stop advocating for financial freedom and we thank our community for their ongoing support. We will continue to provide updates as we engage with regulators and ensure the delivery of our services to our users globally.

If you have questions or require additional assistance, contact us at 1-866-HODL-NOW (1-866-463-5669). Our Customer Care Center is available Monday - Saturday, from 10AM - 11PM EST or contact us at https://celsius.network/customer-care

Sincerely,
The Celsius Team

#6117 2 years ago

So they were running an unaccredited bank or something? This sounds like a lot to go through for $60 a month.

#6118 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So they were running an unaccredited bank or something? This sounds like a lot to go through for $60 a month.

Two different things:

Helium is what's mined through the low wattage antennas and can earn $60 or more a month if set up right.

The Celsius Network is a financial technology (fintech) platform that offers interest-bearing savings accounts, borrowing, and payments with digital and fiat assets. It's where a lot of people stake coins because they offer some of the highest APRs.

#6119 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Anyone know if cable length between the miner and antenna matters?

It does, which is why people build weatherproof boxes to mount their miners outside right next to the antenna, mount them in attics, or if you have to run cable, use LMR, which has less loss.

#6120 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Usually an accredited investor has a high net worth. A few million liquid. These rules are in place so that someone that can’t afford to lose doesn’t.

#6121 2 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Usually an accredited investor has a high net worth. A few million liquid. These rules are in place so that someone that can’t afford to lose doesn’t.

Pretty ridiculous rule imo… protecting people from themselves.

#6122 2 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Not that high. Most people can get accredited if they are liquid $500,000+

#6123 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I want to do some consolidation of my alt coins I have on various exchanges to sell them, move the money all to one exchange, and buy one or two coins to stake. I haven't done much moving around, any advice on how to minimize the fees? Should I convert them all to a low fee coin, then move that?

To answer my own question, I think the cheapest way for me to do it was to sell the alt coins to USD, buy XLM, transfer that (zero fee and fast), then at Crypto.com convert XLM to CRO for free, then I'll convert it to Atom to stake at 16%. I am pausing between the transactions on CDC and doing them in $500 increments per day to earn more CRO rewards too.

#6124 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'll sell the alt coins to USD, buy XLM, transfer that, then convert XLM to CRO, then convert it to Atom to stake at 16% while pausing between the transactions on CDC and doing them in $500 increments per day to earn more CRO rewards.

Geez. All that activity is starting to sound like having a full time job.

#6125 2 years ago

Recent news of Coinbase insider trading sounds ominous.

I know you guys love yourselves some crypto but c'mon. Guys inside the company buying up shitcoins just before they are gonna be traded on the site.
Doesn't even sound a little suspicious to you?

#6126 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Geez. All that activity is starting to sound like having a full time job.

Ha ha ha, well it only took about 10 minutes of reading a Reddit thread of someone trying to do the same thing and another 10 minutes to execute. And the ATOM coins are staked at 16.81% currently, so I'm earning good money on them.

#6127 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I know you guys love yourselves some crypto but c'mon. Guys inside the company buying up shitcoins just before they are gonna be traded on the site.

Yeah I’ve never been a fan of Coinbase…
Glad good old block chain caught them.

#6128 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

This is bigger news imo
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ninabambysheva/2022/04/13/blackrocks-newest-investment-paves-the-way-for-digital-assets-on-wall-street/?sh=6e10131d5b6d

#6129 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I don't use Coinbase anymore...so don't really care

#6130 2 years ago

Coinbase was always the entry point for crypto because you could easily put money in there from your bank account. I remember when I first got into crypto about 6 or 8 years ago, I deposited money there, then immediate transferred it to Binance to daytrade smaller coins. But today there are lots of alternatives. It was Coinbase I was transferring out my remaining coins from today.

#6131 2 years ago

https://www.jmbullion.com/2-bitcoin-legal-tender-note/

Since it’s JMBullion I assume it’s legit.

#6132 2 years ago

So it's a $2 bill (worth $2) with a Bitcoin logo on it....for $15. ???

#6133 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So it's a $2 bill (worth $2) with a Bitcoin logo on it....for $15. ???

Yes, it’s a collectible…
First legal usa tender I’ve seen (that’s not been altered) with btc.

#6134 2 years ago

Screenshot_20220417-233713_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220417-233713_Twitter (resized).jpg

#6135 2 years ago

Bravo to whoever it was that bought that Bored Ape here.

#6136 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Bravo to whoever it was that bought that Bored Ape here.

As long as they didn't sell it for $115

#6137 2 years ago

No kidding, biggest mistakes of our lives not minting or buying Bored Apes. Once in a lifetime opportunity there...sigh

#6138 2 years ago

I’ve been slowing buying Ape coins… that’s starting to pay off already

#6139 2 years ago

24 hours of Apecoin

BD3C5F6E-98A8-4B4D-AF8B-E92E9416BE62 (resized).pngBD3C5F6E-98A8-4B4D-AF8B-E92E9416BE62 (resized).png
#6140 2 years ago

Listed one of my CryptoPunks for sale at 74.5...time to take profits and diversify. Looking at buying two Moonbirds with the ETH. Will hold the other punk (for now). Other option is to sell both punks and buy one Bored Ape, but no way I'm dropping that much on a single NFT. Missed that boat a year ago. Thoughts?

#6141 2 years ago

Wow, well done. I don't really get the nft thing in its current form, but definitely see its future potential. Really hard to ignore some of you guys making a killing, but the projects I've shadow picked have all fizzled, so it doesn't seem like I have the chops to turn a profit in that arena.

I think you did the right thing in liquidating one of them. I think holding the other until you're comfortable selling is a reasonable play. Scratching out those gains to buy-in on a more expensive counterpart would make me really nervous. That would really be the opposite of diversification, which is what you stated you're looking to do.

#6142 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Anyone else hear the rumor that the head of LUNA is buying $10 billion worth of bitcoin? What is known is that he already bought his first $125 million (yesterday).
At that pace it would take him 80 days...if he buys daily.

Quick update.. they have now purchased $1.7 billion in BTC and are not slowing down.

#6143 2 years ago

I sold one of my CryptoPunks today for 65 ETH and immediately bought two Moonbirds with the $205k. So far, these birds live up to their name. I feel like this was a good play. Going to nest the two birds and hold them for at least one year like I did with the punks. The guy who bought my punk posted about it on Twitter and it was a win/win deal. It sure is fun collecting NFTs.

372AF18F-8503-4D55-BC00-97E5BA9D1BC8 (resized).jpeg372AF18F-8503-4D55-BC00-97E5BA9D1BC8 (resized).jpeg6BD1637D-806D-4487-B4D1-8EDC5FFF7069 (resized).jpeg6BD1637D-806D-4487-B4D1-8EDC5FFF7069 (resized).jpeg79C86860-C801-4ACB-A2F5-BDF8CE2D37DD (resized).jpeg79C86860-C801-4ACB-A2F5-BDF8CE2D37DD (resized).jpeg988ECFF4-5638-441B-9888-F0539779379D (resized).jpeg988ECFF4-5638-441B-9888-F0539779379D (resized).jpeg
#6144 2 years ago

Screenshot_20220422-194942_Reddit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220422-194942_Reddit (resized).jpg

You can thank CashApp integration for most of that.

#6145 2 years ago

NFT

Quoted from Astropin:

[quoted image]
You can thank CashApp integration for most of that.

Nice stat. I’m trying to convince my wife to accept/advertise accepting bitcoin using CashApp from her clients. Maybe provide a 5% discount for using the service as an incentive.

Time will tell.

#6146 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I sold one of my CryptoPunks today for 65 ETH and immediately bought two Moonbirds with the $205k. So far, these birds live up to their name. I feel like this was a good play. Going to nest the two birds and hold them for at least one year like I did with the punks. The guy who bought my punk posted about it on Twitter and it was a win/win deal. It sure is fun collecting NFTs.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang nice trade, just off FPs you’re up 15 eth in a few days.

#6147 1 year ago

Bobcat 300 miner finally arrived, I ordered in September and it's the first tangible item I've bought with crypto! Completed my antenna hookup, registered the miner through the app and currently synching. I'm hoping to have it rolling in the HNT within a few days.

Spyderturbo007, where you at with yours?

#6148 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Bobcat 300 miner finally arrived, I ordered in September and it's the first tangible item I've bought with crypto! Completed my antenna hookup, registered the miner through the app and currently synching. I'm hoping to have it rolling in the HNT within a few days.
Spyderturbo007, where you at with yours?

Woo, it's up and starting to earn!

#6149 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Woo, it's up and starting to earn!

Still waiting for mine. Ordered I think back in November. So, from your order date I could be 3 months out.

Did you end up getting the "newer" version Bobcat claims they were gonna provide you free of charge (comes with 2GB ram, not sure if anything else).

Did you place the Antenna outside on a pole or kept it in your home?

#6150 1 year ago
Helium miner first 24 hours.png (resized).pngHelium miner first 24 hours.png (resized).png
There are 8,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.