(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 166.
#501 3 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Thrown it on Nicehash for a few days and see if it works for you. There's some power control settings that will lower the power draw. (low, medium or high) I use medium on my 2 Nvidia cards. The games my kids play don't even notice, even if the load is at 100%. The VR won't run though with NH mining.

Thats not worth it for me to maybe effect my card over time. just buying crypto. thanks

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thats not worth it for me to maybe effect my card over time. just buying crypto. thanks

Ya sure?

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG
#503 3 years ago

What's the best exchange/wallet to use for cardano?

I live in Texas so cannot use binance

#504 3 years ago

I had a Binance account before as well, you just need to open a binance.us account. https://www.binance.us/en/home
Might take awhile though to get verified, not sure. I have a referral code https://accounts.binance.us/en/register?ref=53516528

I'm using this wallet that was recommended. https://adalite.io/ I haven't tried the native ADA wallet.

#505 3 years ago

I had a Binance account before as well, you just need to open a binance.us account.

As mentioned, I live in Texas, I cannot use binance at all

#506 3 years ago

Kraken is good for ADA.
Deposits are weird if you want to use a bank. Transfer btc then trade is easiest way.

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I ran 3 x RX470s bolted to a piece of MDF for over 3 years. They were all overclocked, jammed together on the same motherboard. They are still running without any issues.

I moved them into two different cases and they are mining RVN now.

So pretty much 4 years, running 24/7 as fast as I could get them to go with absolutely no issues.

Just for fun I found some pictures of the old miner. Little bugger made me about $6,000 over its life.

IMG_4838 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_4838 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_4839 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_4839 - Copy (resized).JPG
#508 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

What's the best exchange/wallet to use for cardano?
I live in Texas so cannot use binance

I'm using crypto.com for cardano

#509 3 years ago

Can you stake Cardano on crypto.com? I thought Binance offered it, but apparently that's Binance, not Binance.us.

Finally got USD verified on Binance, btw. 5 weeks from account open to that point.

#510 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Can you stake Cardano on crypto.com? I thought Binance offered it, but apparently that's Binance, not Binance.us.
Finally got USD verified on Binance, btw. 5 weeks from account open to that point.

You can stake Cardano here. https://adalite.io/

#511 3 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

You can stake Cardano here. https://adalite.io/

This is what I use with my ledger to stake my cardano.

#512 3 years ago

Dammit. I was some freakin' CEL, but can't find a way to buy it.

I was also eying GHST with all the NFT stuff flying around. I had my eye on MATIC (Polygon) a few weeks ago at ~$0.04, didn't pull the trigger and it's up 500% to $0.229.

Once again, I'm kicking myself.

#513 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

This is what I use with my ledger to stake my cardano.

I just converted $5k more from BTC to Cardano at $1.19. Pretty much all in on this one for now.

#514 3 years ago

The sheer amount of vitriol amongst the traditional stock traders for crypto is astonishing to me. I also follow a fanatical F.I.R.E. group and they are like white supremacists, and crypto isn't white.

Same old (and tired) arguments also...nothing has changed. We are still so early.

Factoid of the day - On Oct 8th (2020) corporations held $618,000,000 in Bitcoin. By February 24th that number was $74,000,000,000. In 4.5 months!

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The sheer amount of vitriol amongst the traditional stock traders for crypto is astonishing to me.

Were you over in the stock thread again?

Tulips I tell you!!!

#516 3 years ago

Ponzi, tulips blah blah blah. I hope the haters never buy so they can mara nate in their rage. What a riot it will be when bitcoin hits 100,00 , 200,000... It almost gives me hive s in my comfy hut counting my monster gains.

#517 3 years ago

How long does it typically take Binance to clear a BTC deposit? I finally closed my original Binance account and opened a Binance US account last week. I moved $500 of BTC over from Coinbase and I can see it's been received at Binance, but it's still not showing up as tradeable coin many days later. I was hoping to buy some ADA.

And related, if I'd done the transaction with ETC or another coin, would it have happened faster? I've owned crypto for a long time, but I don't move it around very often.

#518 3 years ago

I sent some LTC from coinbase to binance last week. It wasn't instantaneous, that's for sure. Made me a little nervous. Maybe 45 minutes? But I was able to trade it as soon as it was there.

#519 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

How long does it typically take Binance to clear a BTC deposit? I finally closed my original Binance account and opened a Binance US account last week. I moved $500 of BTC over from Coinbase and I can see it's been received at Binance, but it's still not showing up as tradeable coin many days later. I was hoping to buy some ADA.
And related, if I'd done the transaction with ETC or another coin, would it have happened faster? I've owned crypto for a long time, but I don't move it around very often.

BTC transfers were taking anywhere from 30 - 60 minutes from Coinbase to Binance.US last week. My buddy moved some ETH over the weekend. I think he said they went through in about 5 - 10 minutes.

You want to look at the trading pairs if you're going to be trading. Meaning, don't send BTC to Binance if you want to buy something that only has an ETH trading pair.

Do you have the TX number? We can check it on the blockchain and see if it's been confirmed.

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I would think BTC would be tradeable ASAP, but an ACH deposit or otherwise does take several days. If you go to one of those "history" screens for the transaction it should say something about it. I had bought the ADA and wanted to move it out but was getting the big NO from Binance until I saw that it said that it would be able to withdraw in "2 days" or whatever it was.

The poker site I like takes crypto and I always do LTC now because it does go through in a minute or 2 vs an hour for BTC.

#521 3 years ago

Does anyone here own some singularityNET AGI? It’s one I think would be good to buy into, but I’d have to sign up for another exchange (likely binance).

#522 3 years ago

13 days till Spring tournament on binance

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

No clue what that is?

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I did read that and it makes absolutely no sense at all.

lol welcome to every Binance news item or promotion. Complete Greek to me.

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

lol welcome to every Binance news item or promotion. Complete Greek to me.

True but last years only profit on profit..

#529 3 years ago

BTC transfers were taking anywhere from 30 - 60 minutes from Coinbase to Binance.US last week. My buddy moved some ETH over the weekend. I think he said they went through in about 5 - 10 minutes.
You want to look at the trading pairs if you're going to be trading. Meaning, don't send BTC to Binance if you want to buy something that only has an ETH trading pair.
Do you have the TX number? We can check it on the blockchain and see if it's been confirmed.

I figured it out with more snooping and feel like an idiot, my Binance balance screen was defaulting to hide balance, clicked the eye graphic and it showed. Thanks!

#530 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I figured it out with more snooping and feel like an idiot, my Binance balance screen was defaulting to hide balance, clicked the eye graphic and it showed. Thanks!

It's always a damn checkbox!!

Glad you got it resolved.

#531 3 years ago

I'm glad someone can use Binance. It still is coming across as a very rinky-dink organization that has no actual humans behind their support, much less any ability to keep track of sensitive document submissions.

#532 3 years ago

Ada is down a bit more today. I'm not buying at the moment, though I am happily still holding. I will buy more if it dips below $1 though. I like the idea of holding, staking and then forgetting about it for a while.

#533 3 years ago

How do you guys feel about Polkadot? I don’t know much about it, but it seems interesting. I plan to hold long term.

#534 3 years ago

I think DOT is a strong altcoin personally.

#535 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

How do you guys feel about Polkadot? I don’t know much about it, but it seems interesting. I plan to hold long term.

I think it's a good project and purchased some. Not much though. I think I have around 60 of them.

#536 3 years ago

One of my favorites coins LINK is expanding.

"As announced by Chainlink on Thursday, its price feeds are live on the xDai mainnet, offering price data for an initial set of trading pairs including LINK/USD, AAVE/USD, DOT/USD and SUSHI/USD. More pairs can be quickly added if there is demand, the company said."

I like seeing those DeFi platforms in the list of available price feeds. However, in the second article, the guy running AAVE is not saying nice things about DeFi which has really been leading the charge in the increasing price of alt coins. Interesting to see what happens moving forward because it's been rough for the last 3 weeks or so already.

Is this the beginning of the end for high interest rate returns we are seeing by staking and lending.....I hope not.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/a-dark-horse-in-the-ethereum-scaling-wars-chainlink-s-oracles-find-fertile-ground-on-xdai

https://cryptobriefing.com/aave-ceo-says-yield-farming-craze-is-coming-end/

#537 3 years ago

I like PolkaDot.

Upsides
Great growth potential.
Love the 12% staking.
New developments frequently.

Downsides
Complex system and can be difficult to work with.
Lots concepts and things in project status.
Tough competition.

#538 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I like PolkaDot.
Upsides
Great growth potential.
Love the 12% staking.
New developments frequently.
Downsides
Complex system and can be difficult to work with.
Lots concepts and things in project status.
Tough competition.

12% staking is impressive! I'll have to read up on that.

#539 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Love the 12% staking.

Who is that through? I'll have to see what I'm getting through Kraken.....At least that's where I think my DOT is these days.

#540 3 years ago

Kraken

CDFC3FF6-5D0E-4414-8EF5-3F2750C722C4 (resized).pngCDFC3FF6-5D0E-4414-8EF5-3F2750C722C4 (resized).png
#541 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Ada is down a bit more today. I'm not buying at the moment, though I am happily still holding. I will buy more if it dips below $1 though. I like the idea of holding, staking and then forgetting about it for a while.

I fibbed. I just bought more at 1.06. Will be interesting to see how low it goes before rebounding.

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Kraken[quoted image]

I looked and that's where I'm staking too. Thanks!

#543 3 years ago

Anyone around here ever use Uniswap? It looks like the fees have dropped significantly so I was thinking it might be time to try and get some Celsius. I've never used it before. I'm thinking after the swap, I could just send it to my Celsius wallet where I'm staking SNX.

Looks like I can connect to an ETH wallet and just click the swap button. But where does it go once it's swapped?

#544 3 years ago

Good stuff in the Kraken monthly recap for anyone that didn't get it.

https://kraken.docsend.com/view/ntas7cfpyy92xee9

#545 3 years ago

It’s like crickets in here when things are down.

I grabbed 2.2 AAVE today. I didn’t have the energy or the nerve to mess with Uniswap.

#546 3 years ago

Following!

#547 3 years ago

It’s like crickets in here when things are down.
I grabbed 2.2 AAVE today. I didn’t have the energy or the nerve to mess with Uniswap.

I bought more BTC. I just don't announce every time I buy.

#548 3 years ago

Waiting for an actual pullback.. March is historically a good month for that, but it's still early.

#550 3 years ago

Sounds like somebody gamed the system to the tune of 8.3 million by manipulating Binance's matching engine...whatever that is.

So they were holding a large short contract (betting that the price would go down to $10). Then they manipulated Binance's system with a large leveraged long position which they knew (or hoped) would cause a flash crash to at least hit their $10 target triggering their short bet. They did this using separate accounts.

There are 8,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.