(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,270 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 166.
#5351 2 years ago

Saw the dip lately - bought more $ETH!

#5352 2 years ago

Has anyone sent CRO from Coinbase to Crypto.com? There are 3 network options in the Crypto.com app, CRO, ERC20 and Cronos. The app says "Both memo and address are required when you make a CRO deposit via Crypto.org Chain to your CRO wallet." and warns me that failure to add both will result in my CRO being lost.

When I log into Coinbase, I only see the option to enter a CRO Address and the amount I want to withdraw.

Has anyone successfully done this type of transfer?

#5353 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I still need to get to the $4000 mark with CRO since you can't get any staking rewards with the $400 level. The recent 15% drop from my last purchase isn't helping. There is also a lot of other stuff on sale that's enticing right now so I'm not sure I want to plow more money into CRO.
They came out of the gate swinging, but I'm not sure how long that can last. They are burning cash like I've never seen another project burn.

You can stake it in their DeFi wallet without hitting those levels or even having the debit card. I got the $400 card, then moved the rest of my CRO to the CDC DeFi wallet and staked it at 12.9%. Every couple days I re-invest the staking profits for the compounded interest effect. So far it's working smoothly.

#5354 2 years ago

Has anyone sent CRO from Coinbase to Crypto.com? There are 3 network options in the Crypto.com app, CRO, ERC20 and Cronos. The app says "Both memo and address are required when you make a CRO deposit via Crypto.org Chain to your CRO wallet." and warns me that failure to add both will result in my CRO being lost.
When I log into Coinbase, I only see the option to enter a CRO Address and the amount I want to withdraw.
Has anyone successfully done this type of transfer?

I did this a few days ago with both CRO and ATOM, I definitely got the memo field in Coinbase. Since I'm easily confused by this stuff, I just followed this youtube video:

A few of the steps look slightly different now with the app updates, but it was super easy. I sent a test amount first, then sent it all, then moved it from CDC to their DeFi wallet for staking.

#5355 2 years ago

Just so I’m spun up on the acronyms. CDC would be Crypto Dot Com?

Is the DeFi wallet app different than the normal crypto.com app? I don’t see staking anywhere in the crypto.com app.

#5356 2 years ago

Yes CDC is Crypto Dot Com.

DeFi wallet is indeed a separate app. To stake in the crypto.com app use the earn option (locked staking).

#5357 2 years ago

Another free token for Eth gas guzzlers.
https://www.gasdao.org/
Similar to SOS…no rush either as you have six months to claim.

#5358 2 years ago

I know brighter folks than me have made this point, but generally speaking, the reason the main cryptos haven't taken off lately is because of heavy selling pressure from Asian markets/holders. The reason may be that they feel it's genuinely time to profit-take, or they want to induce panic selling in the West to buy back in at a lower price, or possibly to legitimate their own digital currencies by de-legitimating crypto. However, the reason it hasn't dipped that much is because the West, particularly whales and institutions in North America, keep buying the dip. Long term, this is very good news, because many of the large-holdings in the West are looking the keep their crypto indefinitely as an asset to borrow against, increasing scarcity. Here is a chart that shows the trend over the last couple of months:

cume returns (resized).jpgcume returns (resized).jpg
#5359 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Yes CDC is Crypto Dot Com.
DeFi wallet is indeed a separate app. To stake in the crypto.com app use the earn option (locked staking).

Yes! I only figured out everyone in forums shortcuts it to CDC last week, but it's sure easier to type.

#5360 2 years ago

More Than Gamers (MTG) payday today with rank #100/10000 Santa gamer with time keeper necklace. HODLing this boy, it’s great to bag a win!

8F1CA489-B1D4-4564-9F7F-77231DB38DFC (resized).jpeg8F1CA489-B1D4-4564-9F7F-77231DB38DFC (resized).jpeg

#5361 2 years ago

I feel totally late to the staking game, but I'm starting to do it now this week. It's like free money! With the crypto.com DeFi wallet I've moved over some coins from Coinbase and CDC and staked ATOM at 14.17% and CRO at 12.8%. I picked no or low commission staking pools with good reps. Is there much risk in this? It seems too good to be true.

#5362 2 years ago

I'm earning 6.5% APY on BTC and ETH @ CDC (crypto.com app); weekly payout

#5363 2 years ago

And so it begins…..Screw the little guy out of making money.

“According to New DeFi CEO Mikko Ohtamaa, the updated law effectively bans non-custodial software wallets, as well as decentralized finance products, in the country.”

https://cointelegraph.com/news/estonia-s-new-aml-laws-set-to-clamp-down-on-crypto-industry

Is everyone on the planet laundering money? Am I the only not doing it and missing out on something? It seems like all anyone cares about it laundering money when it comes to regulations. Unless that’s just a big old excuse for keeping someone like me from earning 70% in a CAKE pool.

#5364 2 years ago

And so it begins…..Screw the little guy out of making money.
“According to New DeFi CEO Mikko Ohtamaa, the updated law effectively bans non-custodial software wallets, as well as decentralized finance products, in the country.”
https://cointelegraph.com/news/estonia-s-new-aml-laws-set-to-clamp-down-on-crypto-industry
Is everyone on the planet laundering money? Am I the only not doing it and missing out on something? It seems like all anyone cares about it laundering money when it comes to regulations. Unless that’s just a big old excuse for keeping someone like me from earning 70% in a CAKE pool.

Why are we worried about Estonia?

#5365 2 years ago

That’s where my VPN is set out of!

#5366 2 years ago

First goes Estonia, then goes the woooooooorld!

#5367 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Why are we worried about Estonia?

i wouldn’t call it worried, but it’s not necessarily good. I just don’t like that particular direction.

On a more amusing note, this is on the IRSs website with regards to filing your 2021 taxes.

“ Illegal activities. Income from illegal activities, such as money from dealing illegal drugs, must be included in your income on Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 8z, or on Schedule C (Form 1040) if from your self-employment activity.”

You’re also supposed to report anything that you’ve embezzled. So don’t forget that either. It also says you can’t deduct bribes or illegal kickbacks. Damn! Foiled again.

https://www.irs.gov/publications/p17#en_US_2021_publink1000172116

#5368 2 years ago

On a more amusing note, this is on the IRSs website with regards to filing your 2021 taxes.
“ Illegal activities. Income from illegal activities, such as money from dealing illegal drugs, must be included in your income on Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 8z, or on Schedule C (Form 1040) if from your self-employment activity.”

That's hilarious! It tells you where our government's priorities are. First Money then Civil Rights. Cannabis is one of those lines of hypocrisy. Our jails are filled with Cannabis "felons" while 68% of US Citizens believe it should be legalized along with Tobacco and Alcohol, which are arguably more dangerous and without the medicinal benefits.

Crypto is right there with it... while most people in the world look favorably on Crypto, bankers have no desire to relinquish the control they've had over governments since the beginning of civilization, and they will fight it... We're seeing that played out in many countries. I saw an article that said Visa and Mastercard's duopoly will be severely impacted by Crypto in the coming years. It's going to be a race of adoption by the people before bankers can get governments to suppress it, but the odds of that diminish by the day.

Why are they worried? Because "money" is no more legitimate...

[quote]
As Jacob Goldstein wrote in Money: The True Story of a Made-Up Thing, all money is sort of a collective myth. “Money feels cold and mathematical and outside the realm of fuzzy human relationships. It isn’t,” he wrote. “Money is a made-up thing, a shared fiction. Money is fundamentally, unalterably social.”

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/22832438/nft-gamestop-amc-crypto-bubble
[/quote]

#5369 2 years ago

https://discord.gg/3wgtYJVNvX
Anybody with discord help me out? I need two more invites to get on a whitelist.

Tip…I disable direct messages and turn off alerts to keep the scams and slams down.

#5370 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

https://discord.gg/KZBM8m2ewB
Anybody with discord help me out? I need two more invites to get on a whitelist.
Tip…I disable direct messages and turn off alerts to keep the scams and slams down.

I joined through your link PDX. Let me know when I can leave their Discord server after you get WL.

#5371 2 years ago

Thank you I will update when in

#5372 2 years ago

Eminem rumored to have just bought a BAYC for a bout 500,000. If true those will probably go up a bunch.

They are up about 30% since JohnTTwo asked here if he should buy one. Floor then was 45E floor now is 60eth.

https://opensea.io/assets/0xbc4ca0eda7647a8ab7c2061c2e118a18a936f13d/9055

#5373 2 years ago

Has anyone sold anything in the CDC app? It doesn’t appear to allow you to sell for USD. It looks like the only options are a crypto to crypto swap.

Am I missing something?

#5374 2 years ago

Worked for me (though I didn’t hit confirm)

Had to click fiat wallet not crypto wallet

6B24EC68-3939-461D-98CE-5B4A75BCE848 (resized).png6B24EC68-3939-461D-98CE-5B4A75BCE848 (resized).png
#5375 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Worked for me (though I didn’t hit confirm)
Had to click fiat wallet not crypto wallet
[quoted image]

I figured it out. You have to activate the Fiat wallet and punch in your SSN and then it unlocks. I never setup the Fiat wallet because I used my debit card for the purchases.

I was going to wash sale my CRO but they have a hell of a slippage built into their price. It’s almost as bad as Coinbase.

The small amount I’d save by washing it would be almost be eaten up by the slippage.

It appears to be about 2 - 2.5%.

#5376 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Both sides of the Bitcoin 100k in 2021 bet are funded.
Good luck gentlemen.

Almost time to officially crown a winner!

#5377 2 years ago

ou have to activate the Fiat wallet and punch in your SSN and then it unlocks

Man! Never use your SSN online.

#5378 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

https://discord.gg/KZBM8m2ewB

Need one more discord user to join
Sorry dead link

Here’s updated one
https://discord.gg/3wgtYJVNvX

#5379 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Man! Never use your SSN online.

If you’re going through KYC/AML, you have no choice.

#5380 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Need one more discord user to join

Did that get you in?

#5381 2 years ago

Thank you, I submitted. hopefully it turns soon and you guys can leave if you don’t care for a Sol project. I’m happy to help you in the future if you’re every looking for a WL spot.

#5382 2 years ago

Doge Army checking in.

Screen_Shot_2021-12-04_at_7.27.12_PM (resized).pngScreen_Shot_2021-12-04_at_7.27.12_PM (resized).png
#5383 2 years ago

JohnTTwo Pdxmonkey

pay-him-pay-that-man-his-money (resized).jpgpay-him-pay-that-man-his-money (resized).jpg

#5384 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Eminem rumored to have just bought a BAYC for a bout 500,000. If true those will probably go up a bunch.
They are up about 30% since JohnTTwo asked here if he should buy one. Floor then was 45E floor now is 60eth.
https://opensea.io/assets/0xbc4ca0eda7647a8ab7c2061c2e118a18a936f13d/9055

Rumor was true. Bayc floor shot up today. Few other NFT projects went up big too. Definitely a lot of money when in to NFTs today, hopefully we see that in the coins this week too.

#5385 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

JohnTTwo Pdxmonkey
[quoted image]

Done.

#5386 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

JohnTTwo Pdxmonkey
[quoted image]

Thanks Pdxmonkey and Astropin thatwas fun but a bit nerve racking. Lets all of us cheer in a 100k this year!!

#5387 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thanks Pdxmonkey and Astropin thatwas fun but a bit nerve racking. Lets all of us cheer in a 100k this year!!

Yeah...weird cycle, but I'm still stacking. Hang onto it John, might be worth a lot of money some day

Thanks for doing that... appreciated.

#5388 2 years ago

Grabbed one more, somehow I believe in this project

DAW4865 (resized).pngDAW4865 (resized).png
#5389 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Grabbed one more, somehow I believe in this project
[quoted image]

It’s interesting because it’s not an official BAYC spin off. I don’t follow the discord or their social media so probably missing the progress. What is going to take them to the next level? I see the roadmap theyre giving money to charity and they will start pushing IRL products. You also get commercial rights to your ape which is nice. What else do they have that I am missing?

Edit on the plus side they have nice volume of big sales.

#5390 2 years ago

Sweet, now I own one too.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Seriously though...while I understand the idea of why people think NFT's are great, I DO NOT get what makes one thing popular versus others. None of this AI generated stuff is that good, and doesn't require any actual talent (beyond figuring out how to make it).

What's happening with actual artists? I've seen a few lazy attempts, but nothing mindblowing.

#5391 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sweet, now I own one too.[quoted image]

Except you’re not getting any perks or access on discord, you just have a jpeg

Look I have Mona Lisa

C48F73A3-1B30-4694-9B6A-C2B275D8470E (resized).jpegC48F73A3-1B30-4694-9B6A-C2B275D8470E (resized).jpeg
#5392 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Except you’re not getting any perks or access on discord, you just have a jpeg

I already have a full time job, and I've seen what is selling. I have no interest in any of it, so I wouldn't quit my day job to try to figure out what the flavor of the hour is. This is all 5 minute photoshop work.

#5393 2 years ago

You’re missing the perks the are only prove able by owning the NFTs

#5394 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I already have a full time job, and I've seen what is selling. I have no interest in any of it, so I wouldn't quit my day job to try to figure out what the flavor of the hour is. This is all 5 minute photoshop work.

For a guy who understand NFTs have you ever bought one? Especially one with utility.

#5395 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

For a guy who understand NFTs have you ever bought one? Especially one with utility.

I understand the idea behind them from certain standpoints and I can see great use cases. What I don't understand is what people see in these specific ones. Your mention of perks - which I do not really get - makes more sense, but still...odd to me. Why not just sell the perks then? Why is it wrapped in a randomizer. It's just gambling. I'm getting old. And this looks like too much homework.

Or simply put. In specific context that I am familiar with, I can see the value and utility of the tech.
I must be missing something related to these randomizers, because it just looks like gambling to me for some goofy photoshops. I'm not judging the artistic value, but I think you've clarified that it really isn't about the art.

#5396 2 years ago

Hi All
I've been around Crypto since 2013..
My first bull experience we had bogus Exchanges go bust , burned my fingers there with 7 digits value BTC at today's rate..feel pain till now
The 2nd Run in 2017, we had ICOs and some leftover bogus exchanges that went bust further, burned the tips of my pinky with All the shitcoins , remember bancor and similar trash..
Now the noise is coming from NFTs.. and my gut feeling it will burn lots of fingers..

Unless it is a Beeple at bargain price that I might buy with Fiat in the midst of a Crypto Nuclear winter, I will HODL to my BTC and my hardware wallet, as these never failed me..

2Cents advise that can save you thousands

#5397 2 years ago

I've stayed totally quiet on this, but I'll come out now as I am genuine:

What is it with all these NFTs? I am looking at these pictures some of you are posting and am asking myself "Really? There is money to be made with drag gorillas?"

Seriously, I do not understand it - this feels VERY "fly by night" to me. Cryptos have been around for a minute, but this NFT stuff has the snake-oil vibe - at least the ones posted here. The ones of massive popular internet memes - ok - I do kind of understand it - some people want to have the 1 : 1 picture of Bad Luck Brian or the girl in front of the house fire or overly obssessed g/f...ok, got it. But these monkey and gorilla pictures......REALLY ?

Someone, please educate me. Cause I am stuck in "BTC/ETH" world with a tiny bit of MANA for fun.

#5398 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I've stayed totally quiet on this, but I'll come out now as I am genuine with this:
What is it with all these NFTs? I am looking at these pictures some of you are posting and am asking myself "Really? There is money to be made with drag gorillas?"
Seriously, I do not understand it - this feels VERY "fly by night" to me. Cryptos have been aroundfor a minute, but this NFT stuff has the snake-oil vibe - at least the ones posted here. The ones of massive popular internet memes - ok - I do kind of understand it - some people want to have the 1 picture of Bad Luck Brian or the girl in front of the house fire or overly obssessed g/f...ok, got it. But these monkey and gorilla pictures......REALLY ?

You’re missing the utility…
Most aren’t just art. Some connect and grant owners a variety of perks.
Those perks can be

Profit sharing ($$$)
Whitelist and airdrops
IRL giveaways
Information
VIP events
Software and/or bot access

It can be like a stock, membership, QR code and raffle ticket rolled into one with a drag monkey.

While that paints a rosy picture there’s also a lot of risk in the space. Like everyday 300 NFT projects on average launch. 99% will fail and just leave bag holders. The goal is to find those 1% blue chips.

#5399 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You’re missing the utility…
Most aren’t just art. Some connect and grant owners a variety of perks.
Those perks can be
Profit sharing ($$$)
Whitelist and airdrops
IRL giveaways
Information
VIP events
Software and/or bot access
It can be like a stock, membership, QR code and raffle ticket rolled into one with a drag monkey.
While that paints a rosy picture there’s also a lot of risk in the space. Like everyday 300 NFT projects on average launch. 99% will fail and just leave bag holders. The goal is to find those 1% blue chips.

So, no joke, and I'm not being a dick - I'm getting down to brass tacks here: you're basically hoping to win the lottery (equivalently)...?

I understand nearly zero about this stuff as crypto, index funds, ROTH TSPs, ROTH IRAs, and dividend stocks are the limits of my knowledge.

Is there any decent "NFTs: why they are important and how they work" videos/webpages out there for brand new people interested in learning?

#5400 2 years ago

All good, I find the tone respectful and hope maybe I can answer some questions and don’t come off rude myself.

The 99% to 1% is the odds yes but I think picking them is a skill not a random lottery. Like a pinball tournament there is some luck involved but it’s mostly skill. And how you hone that skill is in experience. Unfortunately in NFTs misses can be expensive.

The real trick is to get into a project early. I’ve mentioned My Pet Hooligan before. This NFT is tied to a play to earn video game. The graphics and gameplay look incredibly fun and well made. The team was fully doxxed and had impressive resumes. The price of mint was .08 but was really tough to get. The instant after mint market was about .28 for a few days. This was the golden time to buy. Floor right now is about 1.5 eth.

https://mypethooligan.com/

As far as videos for picking NFTs idk I haven’t watched any but a lot of people like Gary Vee and Tony with JNRY. I learned from Clubhouse rooms and trial and error.

Btw Bayc floor up 10eth in last 24 hours.

There are 8,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.