Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190121_155110 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0420 (resized).jpeg
    D5B8F83D-896F-4869-A581-6E6830359EA2 (resized).jpeg
    EED783D0-A6DE-4122-89F0-143DA68FE030 (resized).jpeg
    vlcsnap-2012-06-07-21h45m39s191 (resized).png
    B552EC12-A81B-45AB-ACCB-53703BB46CC4 (resized).jpeg
    7D5F3993-23E8-4810-BC5E-163D977F9DE1 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Was moving my Alien LE with that dolly that goes under the cabinet . Too top heavy before I knew it fell on top of me and causes a tibial knee fracture ! Don’t know if pinball machine ok, my wife said she doesn’t give a crap about any of the pinball machines and will lock downstairs so I can’t go there anymore. Luckily
    My mother in law was home , she lifted the machine off my
    Knee

#2 5 years ago

Seriously? Your mother in law lifted the machine.. is she ok?

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Seriously? Your mother in law lifted the machine.. is she ok?

Just enough for me to get out. Now at hospital and need a cast... man ! And I have a baby coming Wednesday ! I think this event has forever sealed my futur with pinball .. my wife will get rid of them .. oh
    Well .. maybe I can collect butterflies

#4 5 years ago

I hope the Alien is ok...those are rare..

#5 5 years ago

Get well soon!

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Maybe you can mount the butterflies under the playfield glass

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I hope the Alien is ok...those are rare..

That’s the first question I asked when I came to after I lost conciousnness . My wife and mother in law wanted to slap me

#7 5 years ago

Damn, sorry to hear about this. I think us pinheads sometimes get so used to moving these things around we forget how heavy and lopsided these pins can get.

I wish you a speedy recovery. Congrats on the baby. I'm sure things will work out.

PS: Post up the x-rays if you can

#8 5 years ago

We were supposed to go to P.F. Chang’s tonite.. well at least I don’t have to go now I hate P.F. Chang’s

#9 5 years ago

Ouch! Well at least you will always have a cool story. From this day forward you can always tell people that an alien broke your leg

#10 5 years ago

Please get well!

Unfortunately, I have had machines fall on me while getting them in and out of my house. Narrow sidewalk and invariably the dolly slips off.

The machines know that they are leaving my house and try to crush me in revenge. EMs are tolerable, but Williams Superpins are a killer!

#11 5 years ago

Time for a Leg Tat!

Glad you are OK! Congrats on the Baby!
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#12 5 years ago

A normal mother inlaw would have left you to die.

I suspect she is an android.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

We were supposed to go to P.F. Chang’s tonite.. well at least I don’t have to go now I hate P.F. Chang’s

Maybe they deliver.

#14 5 years ago

Above all, I hope you're okay. And congrats on the baby!

#15 5 years ago

Now you get hospital food... Which might be an upgrade.

Sorry about the knee, but congratulations on the baby.

Man, this will be a tough one to recover from, wife wise. Normally there's a way to turn stuff like this around after some time. But in this case she is going to have to take care of both of you. That's gonna sting.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just enough for me to get out. Now at hospital and need a cast... man ! And I have a baby coming Wednesday ! I think this event has forever sealed my futur with pinball .. my wife will get rid of them .. oh

I'm looking to add another pin to my collection. How may I contact your wife?

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

my wife said she doesn’t give a crap about any of the pinball machines and will lock downstairs so I can’t go there anymore.

Better than her saying to sell them all!

Now....when that baby arrives this week, crying in the middle of the night and you keep using the “honey, if I didn’t have a broken knee, I would go change their diaper and feed them”..... Oh boy!

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Now....when that baby arrives this week, crying in the middle of the night and you keep using the “honey, if I didn’t have a broken knee, I would go change their diaper and feed them”..... Oh boy!

That would get the pins out of the house quicker than crap thru a goose. And his wife will give him a vasectomy if he doesn't get one on his own. And then she'll get mean.

LTG : )

#19 5 years ago

OP - Just curious, what type of dolly, exactly were you using?

It sounds like a Penguin type, or was it a modded Harbor Freight?

Hope you heal up quick so you can help teach the baby basic pinball repair skills

#20 5 years ago

I haven’t had a pinball fall on me but I have had an arcade machine pin me against the wall before. Still not good. Good luck with baby and keeping your collections. And by the way being able to sit down at all times means you can in fact change diapers and still feed the baby.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

THey'll probably bring some back for you and you'll still have to eat it!

"Thanks honey"

#22 5 years ago

Now you're that guy. The guy that had a pinball machine fall on him. That's you now, that's your life.

#23 5 years ago

"Is the game okay?"

I'm sorry this happened to you, but this story is priceless! I'm enjoying it very much. Thread of the Year!

p.s. I just shared this story with my wife, who just had a baby, and now she's mad at me. I said "Hey, don't put this on me. I didn't drop a game on myself." And she said "Not yet! You guys are all crazy!" Maybe don't share this story with your wives.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

... And she said "Not yet! You guys are all crazy!" Maybe don't share this story with your wives.

ALERT! ALERT! They are on to us!

#25 5 years ago

Immobilized now to find out if I have a tear too .. I think I do . Great no more running in my future I have a feeling

7D5F3993-23E8-4810-BC5E-163D977F9DE1 (resized).jpeg7D5F3993-23E8-4810-BC5E-163D977F9DE1 (resized).jpeg
    #26 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

OP - Just curious, what type of dolly, exactly were you using?
    It sounds like a Penguin type, or was it a modded Harbor Freight?
    Hope you heal up quick so you can help teach the baby basic pinball repair skills

It’s that dolly from eBay . I don’t think I’ll use it ever again .

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

A normal mother inlaw would have left you to die.
    I suspect she is an android.

That is funny !!

#28 5 years ago

In 16 years of this bullshit I've managed to never injure myself while moving or setting up a pinball machine.

I'm proud of this fact.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Immobilized now to find out if I have a tear too .. I think I do . Great no more running in my future I have a feeling
    [quoted image]

Not for a couple of days at least.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Great no more running in my future

Or driving vehicles with a manual clutch pedal, hydraulic assisted clutch might be ok. ('I am not a Doctor')

#31 5 years ago

I'm pretty surprised the Alien didn't break into pieces actually.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm pretty surprised the Alien didn't break into pieces actually.

I’m really not sure the condition it’s still laying on the ground can’t get to the basement With my knee like it is

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I’m really not sure the condition it’s still laying on the ground can’t get to the basement With my knee like it is

Well you can just use posterboard from CVS to recreate the side panels if needed, if you'd like to increase the quality

#34 5 years ago

Fact: new knees are easier and cheaper to get than an Alien LE

#35 5 years ago

Well that goes to show ya... It's never good to move a game all liquored up. You were liquored up right? Heck lets just go with it!

#36 5 years ago

If you think cutting you leg bones above and below the knee and pounding in a new knee is easy try it !!! Cost was 3 times a new pin. Yea pin related!

#37 5 years ago

I showed my wife the story and the first thing she said was “Is your life insurance paid up?” I think I need A new pinball dolly.

#38 5 years ago

Time for an Escalera!

#39 5 years ago

Happy to report baby came last night 6lbs 13 oz. they were only expecting 5 lbs. and also my alien is fine ! Except one of the top lights is bent ever so slightly.. that can be replaced

#40 5 years ago

Good on all accounts! Congrats!

#41 5 years ago

Congratulations!!

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Happy to report baby came last night 6lbs 13 oz. they were only expecting 5 lbs. and also my alien is fine ! Except one of the top lights is bent ever so slightly.. that can be replaced

Congrats man, glad you got a bunch of good news after the injury.

#43 5 years ago

Enjoy a lot of time with that new baby, that is what really matters.

Congrats!

#44 5 years ago

Congratulations!! on the baby, it's an alien!
    Maybe name the baby after it.

"al"

#45 5 years ago

I really would have thought this would have been one of those unexplained superhuman strength moments -- 'must...not...let...the...pin...fall...' accompanied with six-million dollar man sound effects.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Whew, i was really worried about that Alien pin, thanks for the update!

Congrats on the baby. That's what life is all about my man.

#47 5 years ago

Congratulations to the new parents!!

#48 5 years ago

Yes ! Congrats !!!

#49 5 years ago

For Pete's sake...no congratulatory message here. Youve got a health issue now with a baby to tend to. Have your wife PM me with the price on that game so I can SAFELY move it out of the house. Then you can learn some real responsibility.

#50 5 years ago

Congrats on the newborn to you and your wife!

Kids are AMAZING!
    faz

EDIT: Where's the picture... (you'd be smart here to post a photo of your child and NOT the game)

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crush-injury-from-pinball-machine?hl=datschwandt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.