Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190121_155110 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0420 (resized).jpeg
    D5B8F83D-896F-4869-A581-6E6830359EA2 (resized).jpeg
    EED783D0-A6DE-4122-89F0-143DA68FE030 (resized).jpeg
    vlcsnap-2012-06-07-21h45m39s191 (resized).png
    B552EC12-A81B-45AB-ACCB-53703BB46CC4 (resized).jpeg
    7D5F3993-23E8-4810-BC5E-163D977F9DE1 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

Congrats on the kid! Now that you are laid up, you are now entering a world of pain. You are gonna be useless to the baby's needs and your wife will let you know it. These next few weeks are gonna be a lot of fun. Don't argue, yes dear the heck out of her, and get outta her way. I have been in your shoes before. Heed my words.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Congrats on the kid! Now that you are laid up, you are now entering a world of pain. You are gonna be useless to the baby's needs and your wife will let you know it. These next few weeks are gonna be a lot of fun. Don't argue, yes dear the heck out of her, and get outta her way. I have been in your shoes before. Heed my words.

Especially if she catches him on pinside updating this thread!

#53 5 years ago

Our water heater broke so I went downstairs to show plumber where it is . Crutch got stuck in carpet , took nose dive down 15 steps . Luckily other then Abrasions I’m alive . Do not , do not move pinballs by yourself. Just don’t do it !

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Our water heater broke so I went downstairs to show plumber where it is . Crutch got stuck in carpet , took nose dive down 15 steps . Luckily other then Abrasions I’m alive . Do not , do not move pinballs by yourself. Just don’t do it !

Dude, maybe you need to just stay seated for a couple days!

Your baby doesn't need you throwing yourself down the stairs.

#55 5 years ago

Oh man. You're like Inspector Clouseau, Mr Bean, Lt Frank Drebin. Avoid all potential hazards until this clumsy spell wears off.

#56 5 years ago

damn dude, that's a story...glad all (pin included) are 'ok' and congrats on new baby

#57 5 years ago

Moved piano's for 17 years, If you don't have the right equipment, you'll get hurt, or worse. Pins are not a problem, for me anyway.

#58 5 years ago

Geez man be safe!! You have a kid now!
    Wait...
    Are you trying to give yourself a vasectomy?

Christmas shirt for you...
    B552EC12-A81B-45AB-ACCB-53703BB46CC4 (resized).jpegB552EC12-A81B-45AB-ACCB-53703BB46CC4 (resized).jpeg

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

"Is the game okay?"
    Thread of the Year!

Absolutely not. NOT even close.

How soon we forget...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-baywatch-nearly-imamaculate

Is this particular thread a funny story? Undeniably. The mental pictures and the mother in law jokes and the "first things first: is the Alien LE ok" are all great, but nothing on Pinside touches that Baywatch thread. It is miles ahead of everything else posted in 2018.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Happy to report baby came last night 6lbs 13 oz. they were only expecting 5 lbs. and also my alien is fine ! Except one of the top lights is bent ever so slightly.. that can be replaced

My wife wants to know who was on more pain meds during the birth, you or her?

Also, after reading that you also fell down the stairs, I'm starting to think there's some Final Destination stuff going on here...

#61 5 years ago

Dude your wife is seriously gonna lock the door so you cant go down there anymore now!

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Also, after reading that you also fell down the stairs, I'm starting to think there's some Final Destination stuff going on here...

hahahaha! So true. He has cheated Death twice now. Hopefully Death has thrown in the towel and moved on to the next guy.

vlcsnap-2012-06-07-21h45m39s191 (resized).pngvlcsnap-2012-06-07-21h45m39s191 (resized).png

#63 5 years ago

I feel for ya buddy and hope you get better soon. Just throw my back out yesterday morning moving an EBDLE out of a basement. Made it to about 3 steps to go and back gave out. Almost dropped it back down the steps but pulled through the pain. Spent the rest of the day on the couch and called off work for the firs time this year. Really sucked because it would have been my 6th day working. All OT time and a half.

Gonna take a long time to heel. I’m in my 50s so not that young anymore.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

This was my first thought. Ok, second... alien? Damn. Anyway, go hire a baby nurse for the first week or two. It’s going to cost you a mint but it in the end it might save your pin collection.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I feel for ya buddy and hope you get better soon. Just throw my back out yesterday morning moving an EBDLE out of a basement. Made it to about 3 steps to go and back gave out. Almost dropped it back down the steps but pulled through the pain. Spent the rest of the day on the couch and called off work for the firs time this year. Really sucked because it would have been my 6th day working. All OT time and a half.
    Gonna take a long time to heel. I’m in my 50s so not that young anymore.

That's rough. At least it was for an EBD and not a Shaq Attack. Get well, the both of you.

#66 5 years ago

I'm a 1 man moving machine and this is my worst nightmare. Feel better!

#67 5 years ago

Now I gotta finish setting up Han, but I’ll have someone lift it

D5B8F83D-896F-4869-A581-6E6830359EA2 (resized).jpegD5B8F83D-896F-4869-A581-6E6830359EA2 (resized).jpegEED783D0-A6DE-4122-89F0-143DA68FE030 (resized).jpegEED783D0-A6DE-4122-89F0-143DA68FE030 (resized).jpeg
    #68 5 years ago

Is that in your living room? I think my wife would rather have that happen to me, than to have that in our living room. Cool though!

Oh, and congrats on the baby and death cheating!

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Crutch got stuck in carpet , took nose dive down 15 steps

Can this story get any crazier??? I sure hope not because your next accident might be your last! Please just stay in bed and dont get up!

#70 5 years ago

Congrats on your new little one!

Sounds like a serious accident and falling down the stairs is no way to top it off so wish you the best on your road to recovery (not too funny to me).

But what I do think is funny is the multiple pinsiders posting that they told their wives this story! Now that is spectacularly dumb!

1 week later
    #71 5 years ago

How's the recovery going? Hopefully no new disasters since falling down the stairs.

#72 5 years ago

He can't respond. He's either changing a diaper, feeding a baby or sleeping. In that order.

#73 5 years ago

....or falling down....

#74 5 years ago

Crushed under a collapsing mountain of used diapers.

#75 5 years ago

Man if he thinks that leg is bad, get ready for the first 6 months of baby life; worst... Time... Ever.
    Jesus I would have rather played Alien the whole time... And that's saying something

1 month later
    #76 5 years ago

Well I finally got my han in carbonite setup, and Alien is back to where it was.. completely and full operational ..other then a few light bulbs which need to be replaced

IMG_0420 (resized).jpegIMG_0420 (resized).jpeg
    #77 5 years ago

Great news about Alien, and the Han Solo is badass.

How are you doing?

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Great news about Alien, and the Han Solo is badass.
    How are you doing?

What a great community.. asking me about my leg.. you guys are great. My leg is fine thanks, more importantly .. my Monster Bash LE is on order.

#79 5 years ago

Great news Angry,
    Perhaps get your girlfriend to help set up and move Munsters into position, so your wife doesn't get mad at you.

#80 5 years ago

I empathise with ya buddy!
    To try and save my knee I had a High Tibial Osteotomy ( google it, it is brutal )
    ended up with a a Staph and Strep infection and spent xmas/ new year ( 6 weeks ) in hospital.
    On the mend now but a long way to go. Managed my first pinball game the other day which was pain but much joy.
    Beach is my next goal. Need to get crusty

#81 5 years ago

Yuck. Thx for that..

#82 5 years ago

NSFW pic...…. hope both of you guys are solidly on the mend !!!

#83 5 years ago

Sorry to hear about this. I was moving an old 80's dixie narco soda machine one time (solid metal) and you know that little sticker on the back that shows the feature-list man having the soda machine tip over on him??? Yeah that was me. I somehow managed to let it fall easy though on my legs and I hobbled away with only my injured pride. Try to always have someone to help move

#84 5 years ago

Jeez. I didn't need to see that.

#85 5 years ago

Sorry for the pic, but just to show how the body is amazing at healing itself here is a pic 6 weals later after 3 surgeries and plate removed. Still a long way to go as far as walking but you got to admit it is amazing.
    I wish all who are going through battles all the very best and peace!

20190121_155110 (resized).jpg20190121_155110 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #86 5 years ago

40 days since your last post Angrymo. Is no news ---> good news in this case? Are you doing good now? Family all good?

No new issues with the pinball machines?

5 months later
    #87 4 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Now you're that guy. The guy that had a pinball machine fall on him. That's you now, that's your life.

You fuck one goat......

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crush-injury-from-pinball-machine/page/2?hl=flippinjimmy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.