Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rolf_martin_062
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0Sp-Mi-Work-22 (resized).jpg
0Sp-Mi-Work-21 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Hi
I was brooding over "Make-and-Make-Switches" and "Make-and-Brake-Switches" and stumbled over a crummy drawing in the (ipdb) schematics "Space Mission".

The first JPG is self-explaining - Make-and-Brake-Switches are of "either - or" functionality --- or then they are "an N.O.-Switch and an N.C-Switch mounted as an threebladed switch (very often on the Score-Motor)". Also known are references: "To wire-this-color".

Studying the Space Mission schematics I have seen an CRUMMY drawing - see the second JPG: I would like to see the "good" part and the "AA" part - BUT Williams did: "Good" part and the "BB" part - means: The BRAKE-Part of motor-5B IS DRAWN TWICE --- and there is also the reference "To R-BR" - hard to understand such crummy schematics (look it up in the ipdb-schematics). Greetings Rolf

0Sp-Mi-Work-21 (resized).jpg

0Sp-Mi-Work-22 (resized).jpg

#3 1 year ago

Eh, there's places later in boards where they just don't bother putting the chip or transistor number. It's just IC?? or Q? in the schematics. It's tradition!

#4 1 year ago

Hi
on the bottom in the first JPG in post-1, "written in green" I wrote: "actually" --- maybe not so good usage of this word. True is: In the pin mounted are three blades. Maybe I should have writed / written: "The functionality is (rather / actually): At some time the MAKE-Part is used --- at another time the BRAKE-Part is used". (((Every feature calling for help of the Score-Motor to do a turn: Every feature has "Feature-Switch(es) to close to accept / let pass what Motor-Switches are delivering".)))

Adjusting the gappings in a Make-and-Brake-Switch can be tricky --- many people say "the Brake-Part must open before the Make-Part closes". I also like to have it this way --- needed is this on "either - or" functionality switches. When the functionality is "electrically an N.O.-Switch and an N.C.-Switch mounted - using three blades": Usually it does not matter - the Make-Part may close before the Brake-Part opens --- remember: There are "Feature switches" closing when a specific function is calling for help of a motor turn (((and a feature not calling has its feature switch(es) open and the motor-switches may do whatever they want to do - Feature switches have the control))). Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 28.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 12.99
$ 38.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Haus
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12,500.00
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Multigame

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside