(Topic ID: 228283)

Crowdfunding for pin manufacture?!

By MegaGhost

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fastpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 5 years ago

The challenge in manufacturing Pinball is not the access to capital, it is the ability to do it successfully.

The only conversation I have ever had with Gary Stern was at CAX back before FAST Pinball was FAST (we were Skillshot back then). I introduced myself and told him what we were doing and that I hoped we could make it easier for people to design and build pinball. He told me that these new pinball companies are going to learn that being a pinball company is really being manufacturing company. That running a successful manufacturing company is hard.

Me being me, I said, “We can at least help develop the next generation of pinball designers for companies like yours to hire someday.”

Gary said, “this is agree with. There isn’t a next generation of pinball designers coming down the line.”

Fast forward to 2018 and look at all the budding new pinball designers cutting their teeth in indie pinball. So cool to see.

I have learned that there is no shortage of money out there to create great things. I have also learned that pinball is NOT some special case where all the normal rules of business don’t apply (JPOP used to argue with me about that. “Aaron, Pinball is different...”)

If your idea and/or design is THAT good, the opportunity to take it to the next level will present itself. If your indie pinball company’s business plan is sound, the money will come.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fastpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crowdfunding-for-pin-manufacture?tu=fastpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.