4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by AlexF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-5.jpg

#1 4 years ago

For what looks like 3 games in '64-65 (Grand Slam, 10th inning, Double Play), Williams printed crowd scenes on cardboard inserts that ran along the insides of the cabinet.

image-5.jpg

Would love to add this touch to my 1966 Pitch and Bat. Wondered if anyone has the artwork or maybe even produced some cardboard or vinyl prints for their game.

Alternatively, can anyone point me in the direction of reproducing this? I saw an earlier post on use of the 'Fiverr.com' site but the reviews of that site are pretty bad. Don't know if anyone here could recommend someone who could help reproducing/creating this. I don't have access to original artwork or a scan or else I would just go that route. .

I posted this on the EM forum but thought I would post here as well.

Thanks!
    Greg

#2 4 years ago

Pinball Rescue made background scenery for behind the running man unit. I wonder if they could make these?

I'm a little confused though as I know they couldn't sell Williams products at one point. Does anyone know if that has been resolved? They still list some of the products as available on their website.

#3 4 years ago

I would be in for a set. My Grand Slam has similar wear. I would assume that a good scanner would help, but not in areas of serious wear and tear (like mine.)

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Pinball Rescue made background scenery for behind the running man unit. I wonder if they could make these?

Alex - They do not carry this scenery. Not sure about the legal issue.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

would be in for a set. My Grand Slam has similar wear. I would assume that a good scanner would help, but not in areas of serious wear and tear (like mine.)

superbee - if you could scan them in (would probably need a large flat bed screener), I would get someone to digitally clean them up and look into printing options. I guess let's see if anyone else on the site has already done this. Thanks.

#5 4 years ago

I will get this done when I can! Game is at grandma's house and with my newborn I don't have much time to get over there anymore. Also got to find and borrow a flatbed scanner

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I'm a little confused though as I know they couldn't sell Williams products at one point. Does anyone know if that has been resolved? They still list some of the products as available on their website.

Apparently they stopped selling anything that had the name or trademark on it (like stuff that said "Williams"), but still sell anything that's not marked as such (like some playfield plastics). At least that's how I read it.

So the scenery would be available still.

#7 4 years ago

That makes sense. I see some of the plastic sets (like Klondike) are listed as "in stock." I was a little surprised. I wonder if that means they can still reproduce certain Williams products or just sell out what they have.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I will get this done when I can! Game is at grandma's house and with my newborn I don't have much time to get over there anymore. Also got to find and borrow a flatbed scanner

I have the pass-through scanner you can use

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

So the scenery would be available still.

They offer the backdrop from the running man units but not the crowd scenes for along the inside of the cabinet. Very different artwork or else I would scan mine.

#10 4 years ago

Yes, I'm just thinking they would be the perfect candidate to reproduce the side art. That is if they are able to. Like you say it's a neat product that could be used in games other than those that had them originally.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 169.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    Boards
    PinSound Plus Out of stock
    PinSound
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 85.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 50.00
    $ 14.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 76.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 120.75
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 146.66
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside