Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

What is supposed to happen when I tilt my Cross Town? Does the game end or do just the lights go out?

#2 4 years ago

Game over as I recall. Most if not all EMs are that way. Once you trip the tilt relay the only way to reset is to start a new game.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Game over as I recall. Most if not all EMs are that way. Once you trip the tilt relay the only way to reset is to start a new game.

All Gottlieb replay games of that era end the game when tilted. Add-a-ball games prevent further scoring on the ball in play, and subtract an additional ball, so if you're on ball #2 or #1 (counts down on add-a-ball games) tilting effectively ends the game. Later games had a selectable tilt; ball in play, or game over.
The last several Gottlieb EMs always end the game if the lift tilt is activated, regardless of the setting for the pendulum tilt (I guess it's considered abuse, so game over, Charlie!).

#4 4 years ago

Sounds like I have a problem. When I tilt the playfield lights go out, the tilt light comes on, but I can continue to play. The flippers and everything else works.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Silverstreak02:

Sounds like I have a problem. When I tilt the playfield lights go out, the tilt light comes on, but I can continue to play. The flippers and everything else works.

It's likely a switch on the tilt relay.
Without looking at the schematic, probably a switch not closing which activates the game over relay.

#6 4 years ago

Yes, on the schematic it is at 14I. I think it is the other way. The switch should open and cut off power to flippers and scoring features.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Yes, on the schematic it is at 14I. I think it is the other way. The switch should open and cut off power to flippers and scoring features.

I was thinking that as well, but thought the add-a-ball games would probably handle power through the tilt relay, but the replay games would just trip the game over relay which would accomplish the same thing. As I said, not looking at the print, but just thinking off the cuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cross-town-tilt-result?hl=schwism and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.