You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E27870D7-2695-49FD-8393-F750CA7CFB22 (resized).jpeg
54934333-6D8D-4668-ADAF-3925F0D8358A (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Hi all
Have a Cross Town pin which appears to have a small issue.
The card says that lighting all bumpers (crossing to rollovers) lights top lanes occasionally for Special.
It would appear that the top rollover guides light up, one side at a time on a random basis depending on the 0-9 unit position.
You can score a replay for rolling over the top left or right rollover switch (one or the other but not both at the same time) but the rollover guide doesnt light. The wire from both the top left and right globe socket runs to the 0-9 unit and I have metered a circuit to that point and it is ok.
I have checked the 1-4 sequence complete relay switches and all looks good.
The 0-9 unit is clean and all wiring is intact.
Any ideas where else I should look or does anyone have a schematic?
And yes the globes are working as i of course jumpered power before looking any further.
Also it seems that the fan target "except special" light only ever lights when the numbers are paired and never randomly as it should.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.

#2 5 years ago

Is the problem that although the side rollovers can score replays, they never light up? If so, there's a switch on the trip relay bank that must be closed for either of those side rollover lane lights to light up. The normally open switch is on the SEQ relay in the trip relay bank. What makes this relay unusual is that it has no coil. It's a mechanical lever that only trips once the 1-4 trip relays have all tripped. When the last of those four relays trips, the lever should also trip and the switch should close allowing those lights to light up. I don't have one in front of me but I think the SEQ relay would be in the middle of the 1-4 trip relays. The switch has a white-black wire on one leaf and a white-green wire on the other.

/Mark

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for reply, yes the replays pay but no light comes up on the rollover guide. I did actually check all the switches on the 1-4 relays and 1-4 sequence completed relay, but will recheck.

#4 5 years ago

I’m rehabbing a Cross Town. I agree with MarkG’s comments on the relay bank. I can send excerpts from the schematic if you need them.

On the fan target, it sounds like it is working correctly. The target scores 10 points unless the red and yellow match up. The only time the special should be lighting is if red and yellow match up at special.

Good luck. This is a great game and once I resolve a few outstanding issues mine will be ready to go. Still have cosmetic issues but it is coming along.

#5 5 years ago

it sounds like the 6v power feed for the lights is missing off of the 0-9 unit. check cir dia for lead color. sometimes the solder lab will be loose on the rivet. or the power feed is on a tab thats attached to a mounting screw of the soldinoid on the unit, these get knocked of

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

I’m rehabbing a Cross Town. I agree with MarkG’s comments on the relay bank. I can send excerpts from the schematic if you need them.
On the fan target, it sounds like it is working correctly. The target scores 10 points unless the red and yellow match up. The only time the special should be lighting is if red and yellow match up at special.
Good luck. This is a great game and once I resolve a few outstanding issues mine will be ready to go. Still have cosmetic issues but it is coming along.

Would be great if you could put up the section of the schematic for that circuit.Even if I could get wire colours on 0-9 unit for the 6v feed would be helpful. Yes agreed it's a great game, one of the best scoring wedgeheads of the 60s with the paired lights up to 300. Boomtime if you can hit the target repeatedly.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

If you could also show the circuit for the "except special" light, as I think there is still an issue as it only ever lights when the lights are paired at the top. Many Thanks

#8 5 years ago

Hopefully this does the trick. Let me know if you need more.
For Special to be in effect the C relay has to be active which should only occur if red and yellow are lined up on Special.

54934333-6D8D-4668-ADAF-3925F0D8358A (resized).jpeg54934333-6D8D-4668-ADAF-3925F0D8358A (resized).jpegE27870D7-2695-49FD-8393-F750CA7CFB22 (resized).jpegE27870D7-2695-49FD-8393-F750CA7CFB22 (resized).jpeg
#9 5 years ago

Should be able to sort it out now, thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cross-town-special-light and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.