Cross Town Problems

By BIG1RED9

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

About a year ago I posted about issues with my Cross Town. It took longer than I expected, but finally have it setup in the house. When I plug it in, the subway doors open and remain open. The reset bank does nothing, the score motor keeps rotating and the is what I will call the rest buzz.

Help with this is appreciated!
Don

#2 5 years ago

Reply sent in private message

#3 5 years ago

I’m in about the same spot with my CT. I did supply power directly to the Z relay and it tripped and closed the doors. I’m still working on this but speculate one of the reel switches is not closed even though it is at zero. Score motor is not turning in my case. Let me know how things go and I’ll do the same here. Good luck!

#4 5 years ago

I manually advanced the 100 score reel and plugged it back in. Now the 100 wheel and the score motor both run continuously. Its been a long time since I played it, but from what I recall, its like pressing and holding the coin door replay button.

#5 5 years ago

Found one problem. A wire on the hundreds wheel needed to be re-soldered. Now it will reset to 000, however as before as soon as there is power it doesn't finish a reset and keeps running.

#6 5 years ago

Have you made sure all the zero switches are closed? Checked all of mine and adjusted as necessary. Mine will now finish the start sequence (open and close doors, release ball gate after points are scored) once the reels show zeros. However it still struggles to get the reels to zeros so I’ll work on that next. Score motor runs properly.

#7 5 years ago

I have no experience with working on this. I had thought that if the reels went back to zero that meant the switches operated properly. If that isn't correct please let me know. Thank you

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from BIG1RED9:

I have no experience with working on this. I had thought that if the reels went back to zero that meant the switches operated properly. If that isn't correct please let me know. Thank you

In my experience this is a common problem. Score reel/s return to zero but not sufficiently to trigger full reset. One by one jumper the zero switch on each score reel and establish whether that solves the issue. If so you will need to clean/file the culprit switch to gain better contact.

#9 5 years ago

I feel lots better as it seems to be a simple fix. Thank you for the pointers

#10 5 years ago

Starting with 10's reel which had no circuit board. I cleaned the contacts and moved them to touching at zero. Plugged it in and that reel now spins. Did a search and it says with the wheel at zero, the contact should be open not closed. So to me that means that it was set properly with the contacts closed at zero which must be the case for all the reels or they would be spinning.

Stuck

#11 5 years ago

Studying the zero contact - it is 2 sets of 2. When one pair open, the other pair close

#12 5 years ago

Problem solved

Dirty contacts on the zero switch.

#13 5 years ago

Please check as resolved

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cross-town-problems?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.