10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by gdd1966
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 months ago

I want to buy an EM and have shipped cross country. I've never done this, and am looking for any advice on what shipping company could package and ship for me. Very worried about the backglass, which doesn't appear to be replaceable. Any advice/tips greatly appreciated.

#2 10 months ago

Having it crated before strapping it to a pallet might be a first good precaution. You might also consider having the backglass shipped separately

#3 10 months ago

Imported many machines from US to Australia. All arrived as they left. Never a problem with bg in machine.

#5 10 months ago

Not 100% sure if he’s still doing it but Andrew Nye who is friends with and used to help Bob Cunningham came through for me with a cross country delivery on my Lucky Hand at a very reasonable price and he packed and bubble wrapped the machine for a small fee.
    (260) 760-0431

#6 10 months ago

Is it a Bally "Cross Country"?

#7 10 months ago

No, seriously, I've had several games shipped from NY to CA, FL, OH, TX, etc. via STI, and never had one arrived damaged. Not to say that they have never damaged a game, but I've been fortunate. They take the game as it is; set up on it's legs. They blanket wrap it, install corner protectors, and stretch wrap it. You can disassemble and palletize it if you wish. Put a piece of 1/4" plywood in front of the backglass with a good thick foam cushion, and it should be safe.

#8 10 months ago

Thanks for all the advice......too bad, there isn't a more definitive guide on proper technique.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.