australia18 (resized).jpg
croc1 (resized).jpg
croc_collage_small (resized).png
wayne.jpg
image-304.jpg
image.jpg
image-581.jpg
image.jpg

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Does anyone know how far bally got with the crocodile hunter pinball machine

#2 8 years ago
image.jpgimage.jpg image-581.jpgimage-581.jpg
#3 8 years ago

No where, sorry.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Nugget88:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-581.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yep, that's about as far as they got.

#5 8 years ago

I remember back in my RGP days that Wayne claimed he had 1 finished game and it had been on location making good money. I tried to find the post, but can't.

Rob

#6 8 years ago

Shame, think I have a flyer somewhere - could be worth millions

#7 8 years ago

Interesting to see they were trying to incorporate the Pin2k head style into a regular size backbox.

#8 8 years ago

www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5793

#9 8 years ago

One of the first Scam Artist pinball games . No - it was not made by Bally . Wayne wrote the book on pre-order pinball scams .

#10 8 years ago

With as big as pinball is in australia, I'm really surprised nobody has tried reviving this theme? The reason Bally killed it is because of timing (he died while they were developing it). SOMEBODY has to own a whitewood, or even a sample cabinet.

#11 8 years ago

We built 1 flippable whitewood game and I have parts to make up a 2nd game.

We had Williams and Bally approval to build.

Problem after his passing was licensing nobody could agree, on what rights everyone had,

No pre orders were ever taken on this game.

The software operating system was programmed with some animations.

No playfield art was started

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Problem after his passing was licensing nobody could agree, on what rights everyone had,

Can you post some pics?

#13 8 years ago

The first proto ran on a wpc board set, we had a rider board that was patched into where the asic went

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

One of the first Scam Artist pinball games . No - it was not made by Bally . Wayne wrote the book on pre-order pinball scams .

Explain how it was a scam? He never took preorders

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Explain how it was a scam? He never took preorders

It wasn't a scam.

It did lead to people believing that he had a real pinball company that was producing pinball machines and that was going to be one of the pinball machines in the pipeline. As public enemy said, "Don't believe the hype".

He took no money, so he had no obligations.

#16 8 years ago

Wanye can we see pictures? Do u still own the flipping white wood... Wood be cool to see the info posted up on up ipdb.org

#17 8 years ago

The 38k we paid for the license and the company acting as the agent for the license holder Gaffney international went broke without paying the license holder any license fees for a ton of licenses they sold

Now that's a Scam

#18 8 years ago

The 38k we paid for the license and the company acting as the agent for the license holder Gaffney international went broke without paying the license holder any license fees for a ton of licenses they sold
Now that's a Scam

With all the jpop and skit b crap slinging would be cool to see what u had...something positive for us to talk about... A working prototype to think what it would have been

#19 8 years ago

Don't listen to the scam shit

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Wanye can we see pictures? Do u still own the flipping white wood... Wood be cool to see the info posted up on up ipdb.org

There was under playfield and top whitewood images I will dig up

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

The preorder that turned into a scam wasn't on CH. It was on the MM remakes that never came to fruit. He did give people their money back, but the unfortunate part of it, is that the AU and US exchange rate was a lot different from the time when the preorder was taken, to when it was given back, so you ended up losing $100's over the deal.

#22 8 years ago

There was under playfield and top whitewood images I will dig up

Thanks wanye looking forward to seeing them.. Did the prototype survive?

#23 8 years ago

No idea where you get this crap from.

Whatever currency was paid was the same refunded, some banks take a $15-$35 Handling fee your end, I can tell you we refunded more than we received due to the exchange rate.

At the time $2500 us was $2700 aud some we refunded $3900 aud to reach $2500 USD amount

We were out hundreds of thousands of dollars not our customers.

So please don't put me in the same Skitb/Jpop group

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Thanks wanye looking forward to seeing them.. Did the prototype survive?

Yes it did

I also have a flyer somewhere of the next game planned after that, before we sold the rights?

#25 8 years ago

The friends I know, ended up with less money than they put in due to exchange rate. $100 less.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The friends I know, ended up with less money than they put in due to exchange rate. $100 less.

Then he made out better then the jpop/skit b customers who would love to only lose $100

#27 8 years ago

Never heard that, unless they paid by credit card and the card company converted at a poor rate their end.

If this is true get them to contact me and I will make them whole....

Can't be any fairer than that.

#28 8 years ago

I will find out more specific details. We talked about it quite awhile ago so i'll ask everyone again. Could very well be the credit card companies causing it.

#29 8 years ago

I know some people received more than they paid if on credit card.

Some we even added $25 on bank transfers to cover usa bank fees.

When you are dealing with millions of dollars and hundreds of customers you can't micro manage every refund payment.

We even gave our customers 20% on their deposit towards an MMR

We have done everything we can to reduce impact on our customers

#30 8 years ago

I know some people received more than they paid if on credit card.
Some we even added $25 on bank transfers to cover usa bank fees.
When you are dealing with millions of dollars and hundreds of customers you can't micro manage every refund payment.
We even gave our customers 20% on their deposit towards an MMR
We have done everything we can to reduce impact on our customers

Great job how ever u spell ur name!

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Great job wanye...

might want to spell his name right if you are giving him kudos.

#32 8 years ago

Is there any video footage available? Would love to see some of the animations and gameplay from the whitewood game. How many months from completion were you when the project was cancelled?

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Is there any video footage available? Would love to see some of the animations and gameplay from the whitewood game. How many months from completion were you when the project was cancelled?

Lets not speculate what can be lol... Let's just enjoy what he decides to show

#34 8 years ago

As a observer looking at everything that was said and done it looks to me like the money put down on the MM remakes was used to start the parts business. He got a shit load of money that he could use for free till people wised up and asked for refunds. It was a good scam. The funny thing about it is that a friend of mine just got a refund before the real remake was announced. He could have gotten his game for the actual cheap price that it would have been.

#35 8 years ago

Aren't these the whitewood pics? (perhaps Wayne can verify):

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#36 8 years ago

you can tell that is really early, as you have the whole center with wasted space. no inserts or anything? And only 7 rollover switches?

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The preorder that turned into a scam wasn't on CH. It was on the MM remakes that never came to fruit. He did give people their money back, but the unfortunate part of it, is that the AU and US exchange rate was a lot different from the time when the preorder was taken, to when it was given back, so you ended up losing $100's over the deal.

False...I was in on it and got my $2500 deposit back in US dollars. Zero dollars were lost by anyone who "pre-ordered".

#38 8 years ago

Oh man it had inline drops too..... Love those

#39 8 years ago

on the right side a empty cabinet...

wayne.jpgwayne.jpg

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

False...I was in on it and got my $2500 deposit back in US dollars. Zero dollars were lost by anyone who "pre-ordered".

FALSE. You didn't lose money, but others did. Fact!

#41 8 years ago

Someone needs to do the CH pin but put Bendi on the BG instead of Steve.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

on the right side a empty cabinet...
wayne.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I wondered where that wizard blocks went next to it?

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

As a observer looking at everything that was said and done it looks to me like the money put down on the MM remakes was used to start the parts business. He got a shit load of money that he could use for free till people wised up and asked for refunds. It was a good scam. The funny thing about it is that a friend of mine just got a refund before the real remake was announced. He could have gotten his game for the actual cheap price that it would have been.

Good story however it was all in a trust account, which is why we were able to refund it, instead of being able to use it and be in the same mess as others are now.

The only true statement in your post is your friend received a refund

#44 8 years ago

blimey your warehouse is nearly as messy as mine.

#45 8 years ago

I wondered where that wizard blocks went next to it?

Nice didn't catch that in the pic...

#46 8 years ago

Really wish wb got finished instead of these mmr and other remakes ricks doing

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you can tell that is really early, as you have the whole center with wasted space. no inserts or anything? And only 7 rollover switches?

Theres at least 11 in that pic.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

FALSE. You didn't lose money, but others did. Fact!

Which is more believable? The guy actually in it, or the guy who is giving second hand information? Careful there with you *facts* sir.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Really wish wb got finished instead of these mmr and other remakes ricks doing

Me too.
Would love to have a Wizard Blocks in my collection. Maybe someone can finish the software, I'm guessing Planetary has the rights now?

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The funny thing about it is that a friend of mine just got a refund before the real remake was announced. He could have gotten his game for the actual cheap price that it would have been.

Not really. When Wayne became a distributor for PPS MMr he offered a discount on that, but nobody received a game for the original $4500 that was promised. And your comment also touches on the real point of why many still view Wayne as a scammer: Why was he still holding your friend's money as late as "right before the real remake was announced"? Was Wayne really still working on his own remake at that time? If the answer to that question is "no" then continuing to hold folks money is the definition of a scam. And if Wayne *still* has money he is holding for the few folks that haven't asked for it back, that is really wrong...

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crocodile-hunter-pinball-machine?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.