australia18 (resized).jpg
croc1 (resized).jpg
croc_collage_small (resized).png
wayne.jpg
image-304.jpg
image.jpg
image-581.jpg
image.jpg
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

With as big as pinball is in australia, I'm really surprised nobody has tried reviving this theme? The reason Bally killed it is because of timing (he died while they were developing it).

My god, is this such a distant memory that the real story isn't common knowledge anymore?

"Bally" was one guy and maybe a crony or two in Australia, it wasn't a real pinball company. And it was "killed" because he lacked the money and resources to build pinball machines.

If I recall this got no further than a whitewood and some cabinet decals.

If I recall it has some old school inline Bally drops. But we never saw anything close to a complete game.

After this project went tits up I pretty much figured we'd never see any kind of additional pinball manufacturers again. Good call, me!

#52 8 years ago

I think a lot of Wayne's crap went down on RGP and the newbies here have no clue what actually happened.
I'm an old pinhead with a good memory and I surely wouldn't send any deposits or jump on a Croc Hunter band wagon EVER.
Lies, lies and more lies.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My god, is this such a distant memory that the real story isn't common knowledge anymore?

This is why crazy old coots like me (and presumably you, don't want to speak for you) need to still be around. To tell the tales to the younglings. While true that Wayne took no deposits on Croc Hunter he certainly did on MMr1, and set an industry record for length of time he held onto those monies.

#54 8 years ago

I think there is still many of us out there that remember those days and the fire storm that was created. Though Wayne is out of the picture now (LOL, although I see he popped in here), the thought process of collecting money and holding it took root and grew from that time. Unfortunately, those new collectors that came into the picture after that mess, are used to it as being normal. Each year, some of the older ones go away, a new wave of collectors come in and they know/remember less about the speed bumps others have had to endure. It's the eventual dumbing down of the collector society to where they just accept what they can get and forget how it came to be.

Steve

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Bally" was one guy and maybe a crony or two in Australia, it wasn't a real pinball company. And it was "killed" because he lacked the money and resources to build pinball machines.
If I recall this got no further than a whitewood and some cabinet decals.
If I recall it has some old school inline Bally drops. But we never saw anything close to a complete game.
After this project went tits up I pretty much figured we'd never see any kind of additional pinball manufacturers again. Good call, me!

#55 8 years ago

Well...don't forget, around the same time, Gene took his preorder money on BBB...and years went by...and the game ACTUALLY CAME OUT.

So while a lot of people sent in preorder money for MM and CC remakes that never came close to happening, there had been a precedent.

I also don't recall any preorders for Croc Hunter being solicited or offered. That project really never seemed to get any further than a whitewood and a pinballnews article. When it was officially killed the excuse was Croc Hunter's death but that rang pretty hollow. That thing was dead long before Irwin was.

#56 8 years ago

Yup, didn't forget and never will, I pre-paid Gene for my BBB but the difference was that we received constant updates from Gene and the gang working on them also plenty of pics. But the MMs, what a mess.
After reading this thread with people seemingly requesting Croc hunter resurrected, I don't want to see anybody go down that path again. It's a dead end.

#57 8 years ago

I want more pics !!!!
Always been curious about this game coulda been super cool !!
Cabinet looks like scared stiff

#58 8 years ago

Nothing to see here ! Just walk away and forget you ever heard of Croc Hunter !

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Which is more believable? The guy actually in it, or the guy who is giving second hand information? Careful there with you *facts* sir.

Him and I talked about it for several hours about it specifically, so it's not hearsay. Talk about it before he asked for the refund then talked about it right went it happened and he was shorted several $100's because of the exchange rate.

So I have no problem stating it as fact as if I said it myself. I was right there in the conversation. It's not second hand hearsay. You stated Nobody got screwed because you didn't. There is no way for you to know what happened to everyone else in the deal just because yours went smooth. I didn't say EVERYONE got screwed. I stated the first hand accounts I personally delt with had issues. And since wayne has brought it to my attention that he will fix any problems that have happened, i immediately called him and told him about it. he will be contacting wayne about it.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

he friends I know, ended up with less money than they put in due to exchange rate. $100 less.

Quoted from dung:

Which is more believable? The guy actually in it, or the guy who is giving second hand information? Careful there with you *facts* sir.

Fact: I agreed to a $64.37 less refund to get my money back. It took from 9-26-08 to 3-26-09 and I was still short from my 2500 deposit. So I agreed to take the difference on the exchange rate.

The deal was agreed upon by both parties, no ill will, I just wanted to make sure facts are facts.

I don't know if it happened to anybody else, but it did happen. I still got emails and receipts.

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

I want more pics !!!!
Always been curious about this game coulda been super cool !!
Cabinet looks like Scared Stiff

I never could stand the show....

#62 8 years ago

Nobody took deposits on cc
Nobody is now or ever solicited deposits on croc hunter

I responded to someone interested in it, that's all

Maybe I should set fire to it and post the video here so you can all have something more to be negative about pinball.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Maybe I should set fire to it and post the video here so you can all have something more to be negative about pinball.

You are right. We should not have strayed from the success story which was croc hunter to draw attention to your MMr project. Which you certainly did take pre order deposit money for. And which it seems you may still be holding for anyone that hasn't converted over to Rick's project, or asked for a refund yet...

#64 8 years ago

Ok screw everyone else just send me the video then no one can say anything good or bad... I think I'm the only one who wants to see it anyway

#65 8 years ago

I want to see it

#66 8 years ago

Re CH
There are also a couple of audio clips floating around

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Ok screw everyone else just send me the video then no one can say anything good or bad... I think I'm the only one who wants to see it anyway

I'm with you. Doesn't mean we're trying to get it resurrected, just want to see a part of pinball history. No need to drag MMr1 into this post.

3 years later
#69 5 years ago

I've never revived a thread this old before - but after reading about this game, the threads, and the story about these licenses - I really would like for Wayne to share any audio, videos or pictures.

I know he isn't obligated to.

But I think this is the way for 04' Bally to live on. Without the documented history, it will be forgotten.

Quoted from viper001:

This is why crazy old coots like me (and presumably you, don't want to speak for you) need to still be around. To tell the tales to the younglings.

CrazyLevi - thank you for recalling this story.

Ballypinball - this is your story, and I think we'd all love to hear it.

#70 5 years ago

gold such wise words... sadly three laters later and the people havent change a bit.

#71 5 years ago

Regardless of what people seem to think, 2 sample games were created, one went to the licensee, i have no idea where that one is.
People have tried to track it down, the licensee company went broke.
It was a whitewood that flipped but no game rules etc, just development software to test shots etc

The other i have in storage at present when we moved, maybe i should dig it out and spend some time on it, would be fun to play around with it.

#72 5 years ago

Looks like Steve Erwin is related to a pinball comp player?

#73 5 years ago
croc1 (resized).jpgcroc1 (resized).jpgcroc_collage_small (resized).pngcroc_collage_small (resized).png
#74 5 years ago

Regardless of what people seem to think, 2 sample games were created, one went to the licensee, i have no idea where that one is.
People have tried to track it down, the licensee company went broke.
It was a whitewood that flipped but no game rules etc, just development software to test shots etc
The other i have in storage at present when we moved, maybe i should dig it out and spend some time on it, would be fun to play around with it.

If you do dig it out, we'd all love to see it. Thank you for your speedy response - it's so cool and greatly appreciated.

Also, that video is ridiculous. LOL

Any chance you can elaborate a little bit on "Pinsystem," and it's boardsets?

Quoted from wiredoug:

gold such wise words... sadly three laters later and the people havent change a bit.

This has nothing to do with negativity, I'm genuinely intrigued by the story, the game, and any marketing material that may exist.

#75 5 years ago

You can drop and drag switches coils etc on your pc screen, drop annimations etc as well like a virtual environment, but it then it controls the hardware

#76 5 years ago

You can drop and drag switches coils etc on your pc screen, drop annimations etc as well like a virtual environment, but it then it controls the hardware

That's incredibly cool. If you ever find any schematics or pictures of that, that's another thing everyone would love to see.

#77 5 years ago

I will dig some of this stuff out

#78 5 years ago

that pinsystem sounds like a cool system especially for homebrew builds - would like to know more

also would like to learn more of this game, such a shame it never went ahead, Steve was a super energetic guy and sadly missed, would be awesome if there were sketches to do a scratch build

#79 5 years ago

found this tonight - cool idea
https://www.pinballnews.com/news/australia6.html

australia18 (resized).jpgaustralia18 (resized).jpgaustralia19 (resized).jpgaustralia19 (resized).jpg
#80 5 years ago

Inline drops are very cool!

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

that pinsystem sounds like a cool system especially for homebrew builds - would like to know more
also would like to learn more of this game, such a shame it never went ahead, Steve was a super energetic guy and sadly missed, would be awesome if there were sketches to do a scratch build

Correct, 1000% as far as home brew goes.

1 year later
#82 3 years ago

This post died, what happened to the pics of CH? Or any video?

It seems incredibly barebones.
Wayne, were you designing this yourself or did you try getting any established designers to help craft this playfield?

That bottom kickout lane looks bizarre. Almost like you’d want to drain the ball on the left to lock it and start multiball. Strategic drains!

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This post died, what happened to the pics of CH? Or any video?
It seems incredibly barebones.
Wayne, were you designing this yourself or did you try getting any established designers to help craft this playfield?
That bottom kickout lane looks bizarre. Almost like you’d want to drain the ball on the left to lock it and start multiball. Strategic drains!

yes there was going to be a ball lock on the left outlane, might release the playfield cad and people can work on creating their own game

Yes we were being assisted by an ex Williams game designer

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

This is why crazy old coots like me (and presumably you, don't want to speak for you) need to still be around. To tell the tales to the younglings. While true that Wayne took no deposits on Croc Hunter he certainly did on MMr1, and set an industry record for length of time he held onto those monies.

Quoted from waltrr:

I think a lot of Wayne's crap went down on RGP and the newbies here have no clue what actually happened.
I'm an old pinhead with a good memory and I surely wouldn't send any deposits or jump on a Croc Hunter band wagon EVER.
Lies, lies and more lies.

It's one of the reasons why it was easy for so many of us here in Australia who had been into pinball collecting long term to pick Homepin's underlying motives from all the way dating back to the beginning of July 2013.

We'd already seen it play out down here before with similar levels of alternating braggartry and obfuscation several years prior.

#85 3 years ago

I wondered where that wizard blocks went next to it?

Wayne do you still remember where the Wizard Blocks has remained?

#86 3 years ago

I still have it

2 months later
#87 3 years ago

Bump.
Have you dug out the Crocodile hunter game you made? If so can you send photos and or video if it plays and the cad files from your original computer drawings and write a full story on it. I want to see this games and it story
Thank you

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crocodile-hunter-pinball-machine/page/2?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.