Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Escapism
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I'm restoring a Recel Criterium 2000 with a cabinet that was repainted. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find some decent photos of what the cabinet and backbox sides and front should look like.

Thanks

#2 4 years ago

Good luck, I've never seen one.

Looks like there are 2 versions on IPDB, but here are the best pics - https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5946&picno=56057

With so few references, its probably going to be tough to track this down.

What kind of shape is the cabinet? I've had a couple Recels and the particle board always showed moisture damage.

#3 4 years ago

Have you tried removing the paint (hopefully latex) to see if the original artwork is underneath?

#4 4 years ago

Good luck with it. I've never heard of a Criterium 2000 but I bought a 1976 Recel a week or so ago that I'm fixing up.
Put up some photos for us to see.
Cheers, Mal

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Good luck, I've never seen one.
Looks like there are 2 versions on IPDB, but here are the best pics - https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5946&picno=56057
With so few references, its probably going to be tough to track this down.
What kind of shape is the cabinet? I've had a couple Recels and the particle board always showed moisture damage.

Yup. Saw those and realised my photoshop skills wont cut it.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Have you tried removing the paint (hopefully latex) to see if the original artwork is underneath?

The cabinet has a thick layer of what looks like yellow MS Primer on it. I'm going to have to sand it all down anyway. The chipboard puckering is showing everywhere.

#7 4 years ago

I'd get on pinballowners.com and search for your game, then reach out to individuals for some photos; there are a bevy of international collectors on there... I've done that in the past with good success on rare games.

I thought that the paint crackling was just a defect until I saw the photos on IPDB... perhaps the only pinball with that technique applied on cabinet paint?

#8 4 years ago

My Recel has the same 'paint crackling' effect Dono. I don't particularly like it but it is what it is. I'd prefer splatter or maybe light webbing.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

I'd get on pinballowners.com and search for your game, then reach out to individuals for some photos; there are a bevy of international collectors on there... I've done that in the past with good success on rare games.
I thought that the paint crackling was just a defect until I saw the photos on IPDB... perhaps the only pinball with that technique applied on cabinet paint?

Great idea. Just done that. Could only find three owners, two of which have them in storage. Needle in a haystack this one.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/criterium-2000/ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.