(Topic ID: 246444)

Criterion please don't shut down the servers for burnout paradise.

By Arcadefan

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

I’m a pretty big pot head, so I can see a pipe dream from a mile away.

It’s a shame, but burnout paradise will not be “the” game that influences companies to keep their old servers running. Personally I’m very saddened that HUGE parts of video game history will be lost forever. I think it would be nice to find a way to preserve them, but it’s not going to happen.

Here’s my 2 examples for games I’d like to see kept alive. On PS3 there was Fat princess, and Scott pilgrim VS. the world. Both were digital downloads. Neither received a physical release. You can’t even buy them anymore. If they’re on your system that’s great, but if your hard drive fails, then they’re lost forever.

#14 4 years ago

Here’s another good one.

Tony hawk 5, this was taken from wiki.

Because the licensing deal between Activision and Tony Hawk was set to expire by the end of 2015, the game was hastily developed within a few months and released unfinished with little promotion.[11][16] The game was so rushed to release that it was unplayable without an 8GB day one patch, with only the tutorial and park creator being accessible. Essentially, the patch was what contained the full game.

Guess what. That patch is no longer available, the serve has been turned off. If you buy a tony hawk 5 disk, you will only be able to play the tutorial.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

had no problems downloading SPvsTW

I might be wrong, but I thought that PS lost the rights to that game. I haven’t tried loading it up in a while.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadefan:

People still play 360 so why not release new free to play games like apex and fortnite.

Because Microsoft doesn’t want you to use that old system. They want you to buy a new console to play new games.

#28 4 years ago

I hate to play devils advocate here, but Fortnite runs on an iPad, wouldn’t a 360 have at least that much computing power?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/criterion-please-don-t-shut-down-the-servers-for-burnout-paradise-?tu=luckydogg420 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.