(Topic ID: 246444)

Criterion please don't shut down the servers for burnout paradise.

By Arcadefan

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

Criterion said that the severs for burnout paradise will shut down next month for Xbox 360 and PS3. CRITERION PLEASE DO NOT DO IT! My wish is that for the Xbox 360 and PS3 is to stay alive and I want the Xbox 360 to be popular again. Oh! I know what will be good. Release cyberpunk 2077 for Xbox 360 and PS3 and halo infinte for 360. LETS TRY TO KEEP THE XBOX 360 and PS3 Alive! Sony and Microsoft! I hope the Xbox 360 and PS3 make a comeback and they sell crazy.

#2 4 years ago

Oh I know what else. If the new run of Xbox 360/PS3 had 4K outputs. Then the games will go from 1080i to 4K. The games that are a decade old on the system will look incredible in 4K.

#3 4 years ago

Let's make it last for another decade

#4 4 years ago

Um....what? lol

Those are retro consoles at this point lol

#5 4 years ago

They are not retro consoles in order to be retro consoles they have to be 20 year so old they are only 14 plus they still get new games. sports games Fifa, madden and all of that.

#6 4 years ago

Sports games aren’t games.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadefan:

They are not retro consoles in order to be retro consoles they have to be 20 year so old they are only 14 plus they still get new games. sports games Fifa, madden and all of that.

I agree, but Retro is 2 generations back. PS3 and 360 had a long run compared to past generations as well.

If it's old enough to look jank then it's retro.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I will agree...the exception is if someone or something is on fire.

#10 4 years ago

I had a lot of fun playing this on X360 back in the days. I finished all the road challenges and earned the gold cars. But, Criterion kind of ruined the game with the mini cars and how some were just way overpowered. The mutli player challenges were a load of fun!

Rob

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadefan:

Oh I know what else. If the new run of Xbox 360/PS3 had 4K outputs. Then the games will go from 1080i to 4K. The games that are a decade old on the system will look incredible in 4K.

You are in luck. They have a new run and it is called the Xbox One.

#12 4 years ago

I’m a pretty big pot head, so I can see a pipe dream from a mile away.

It’s a shame, but burnout paradise will not be “the” game that influences companies to keep their old servers running. Personally I’m very saddened that HUGE parts of video game history will be lost forever. I think it would be nice to find a way to preserve them, but it’s not going to happen.

Here’s my 2 examples for games I’d like to see kept alive. On PS3 there was Fat princess, and Scott pilgrim VS. the world. Both were digital downloads. Neither received a physical release. You can’t even buy them anymore. If they’re on your system that’s great, but if your hard drive fails, then they’re lost forever.

#13 4 years ago

Duly noted.

#14 4 years ago

Here’s another good one.

Tony hawk 5, this was taken from wiki.

Because the licensing deal between Activision and Tony Hawk was set to expire by the end of 2015, the game was hastily developed within a few months and released unfinished with little promotion.[11][16] The game was so rushed to release that it was unplayable without an 8GB day one patch, with only the tutorial and park creator being accessible. Essentially, the patch was what contained the full game.

Guess what. That patch is no longer available, the serve has been turned off. If you buy a tony hawk 5 disk, you will only be able to play the tutorial.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadefan:

No they dont. Madden 17 was the last Madden on xbox360. NHL 16/Legacy was the last NHL on 360.
Fifa is the only series still released on PS3/x360. They stopped making the console over 3 years ago.

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

If they’re on your system that’s great, but if your hard drive fails, then they’re lost forever.

You can still redownload the game from the xbox live servers if you have another 360 console, you just need to transfer the rights. I have Scott Pilgrim, and I picked up a slim 360 console a little while ago and had no problems downloading SPvsTW or the MK Collection. Anything hosted on 3rd party servers in not accessible, but anything hosted on Microsofts servers still is.......... for now.

Its kind of like Steam, they stop selling game son there but if you already bought it you can still redownload it.

#16 4 years ago

Just get the remaster for Xbone, PS4, or PC. It's almost 12 years old so it's pretty reasonable to shut it down since there are better ways to play it.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadefan:

Criterion said that the severs for burnout paradise will shut down next month for Xbox 360 and PS3.

That’s a bummer. I have played a lot of Burnout Paradise on my 360. Well, it’s not really my 360 anymore, because it died a few years back and I replaced it with an Xbox One. However...

Burnout Paradise was the best game ever written. For racing games, there is a fine line in the middle between realism and cartoon. If the handling is too much like real physics, it sucks. And if it is too cartoony, it’s boring. Burnout Paradise combined both of those in just the right combination to make it a blast... 10 years ago. However, no matter how great a game it was, I can’t expect a company to continue to support a game after a decade with the same level of online play after a decade. I can’t expect Criterion to continue to pay for those servers and bandwidth after a decade. It doesn’t make them any money, and they have been doing it a LONG time. Companies have to cut the cord at some point.

So I will always have fond memories of the game. And maybe once in a while I will throw the disk into my Xbox One and see what happens. But I will say thanks to Criterion for supporting it so long... and hey, back to pinball.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

had no problems downloading SPvsTW

I might be wrong, but I thought that PS lost the rights to that game. I haven’t tried loading it up in a while.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

And cartoons aren't sitcoms!

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I might be wrong, but I thought that PS lost the rights to that game. I haven’t tried loading it up in a while.

You cannot buy it, but you can still access the download if you did buy it. That's why I cited the MK Collection on Steam; you can't buy the game anymore but you can still download it if you did buy it.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And cartoons aren't sitcoms!

And trolls gonna troll.

#22 4 years ago

Red dead redemption 2
Star Wars Jedi fallen order
Apex legends
Fortnite
If all of those games where on the 360 it would likely outsell the Xbox one.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#23 4 years ago

People still play 360 so why not release new free to play games like apex and fortnite.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadefan:

People still play 360 so why not release new free to play games like apex and fortnite.

Because Microsoft doesn’t want you to use that old system. They want you to buy a new console to play new games.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadefan:

A console from 2005 does not have the processing power that most new AAA games require.

#26 4 years ago

The soundtrack in those games (Starting with Burnout 3) was pretty awesome as well. Nice mix of early 90's grunge, classic rock, and 2000's pop.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadefan:

As someone who works in the industry, it would be an incredible feat just to get any modern games to run on that super old hardware. Just look at the 360 version of Titanfall vs Xbox One. Or even the first Destiny, it's night and day.

#28 4 years ago

I hate to play devils advocate here, but Fortnite runs on an iPad, wouldn’t a 360 have at least that much computing power?

#29 4 years ago

buy a server from them and host your burnout forever and ever and ever

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/criterion-please-don-t-shut-down-the-servers-for-burnout-paradise- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.