8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by McCune
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Anvil_72dpi.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Hi,

I have problems to crimp wires into .062 pins. I do not know if it is the tool, but most of the time, when I insert the crimped pin into the housings hole, it does not make a "clic", it does not stop and the pin is not blocked in the housing. It goes further and is loose ...

I know that there are 2 "wings" which prevent from removing the wire, but which part of the pin makes it blocked on the other side, i.e. prevents it to go too far in the housing ?

Can someone advise me please ? Thank you in advance

#3 8 years ago

Sounds like you are not using the correct anvil for your crimp size. My crimper has 5 sizes of anvils, i just find what works best with the crimp/wire i am using.

#4 8 years ago

Great ! thanks for the links, it is clear my crimping tool "jaw" is to broad, it incorporate the terminal part on the pin when crimping the small part. I will order a molex tool.

thank you for your time

#5 8 years ago

Barakandl is right, if you are using one of these:
    Anvil_72dpi.jpgAnvil_72dpi.jpg
    Then you are doing it wrong.

#6 8 years ago

I wanted to order one, but the shipping fees are too expensive

#7 8 years ago

You are crimping too far up the terminal . Back it down a bit and the locks will stay intact .

#8 8 years ago

if I crimp it a bit down, I get the big wings at the same time. the tool is not adapted. thnks

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mrjamma:

Barakandl is right, if you are using one of these:
    Anvil_72dpi.jpg
    Then you are doing it wrong.

haha

well... is anvil the right term? Maybe not!

For a low cost very robust crimper. I always recommend this one.

http://www.amazon.com/SARGENT-Tools-1026-CT-Contact/dp/B00CIRFUMQ/ref=sr_1_1

Yes it doesnt crimp the insulation and the wire at the same size, but you will come to find out that is a good thing. That allows you make better crimps in odd situations. Like two wires into one crimp. Crimping thing gauge wires into .156" contacts.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from jimy_speedt:

if I crimp it a bit down, I get the big wings at the same time. the tool is not adapted. thnks

Crimping the wings would be better than a terminal that blows through the housing .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crimping-molex-pin-062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.