• Latest reply 9 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1292943_10201405339914537_346104259_o.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I finally got to crime wave on DH after 6 months of owning.
Totally under rated game.

Only problem with the game is the toys look way too simular and can be confusing. The police precinct looks way too much like the wearhouse.

#2 9 years ago

I totally agree with you that it is an underrated game. I was pleasently surprised when I ve played mine for the first time.

#3 9 years ago

Crime wave is impossible...well a little more possible than Shoot out.

#4 9 years ago

I had one game with Crime Wave, Shoot Out, Midnight Madness, and just about every other mode this game has to offer the second day after finally getting it back together. But that took about a year. It is not underrated in my house.

#5 9 years ago

What is the goal of Shoot out? Do you get the ball back if you complete all targets?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

What is the goal of Shoot out? Do you get the ball back if you complete all targets?

Yep

#7 9 years ago

o-din what is your highest number of arrests in Crime Wawe?

#9 9 years ago

This video made me realize that DH is a nice game before owning it:

. Keith and Robert were both great.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

o-din what is your highest number of arrests in Crime Wawe?

I don't remember. That game was a blur. But the final score was around two and a half billion. That is still up there. I almost finished all the modes twice in that game. Not lately though.

#11 9 years ago

Nice score. So far mine is 1.4 billion. Just multiball and modes, no Crime Wave so far.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Nice score. So far mine is 1.4 billion.

Thanks! When I get anything over a billion I feel like it is an accomplishment. During that long game all kinds of things were happening that you don't usually see.

#13 9 years ago

1292943_10201405339914537_346104259_o.jpg1292943_10201405339914537_346104259_o.jpg Had that one crazy game. Got playfield promotion 4x scoring and had the highest rack (I think chief). I started looping the upper ramp was 200,000 each time.

#14 9 years ago

I am not nearly that good a player. I made it to Crime Wave for the first time just yesterday, and the game ended very shortly after.
But I know a great place for some hotdogs.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

But I know a great place for some hotdogs.

Tell us more...

#16 9 years ago

I completely disagree with the idea that this game is underrated.

It's a decent game - like most 90s Williams games - but it has a very half-baked feel to it.

The modes are mostly samey and uninspired. Also, the multiball and crime wave features...they start so fast you don't get a chance to watch the animations or really get an idea of what you are supposed to do. Very unpolished.

The moving gun seems like another half baked idea - not well integrated or necessary.

Lastly the game is way too easy. It not hard to get crime wave and not very Satisfying when you do.

Dirty Harry ain't awful but it's rated just right - a middle of the road 90s title. There's plenty better including most of the other B-list titles. Games like bsd, Jackbot, NBA, doctor who...All are much better games.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

NBA, Doctor Who...All are much better games.

NBA...really? DW is a total one trick pony also

#18 9 years ago

How bout that Hurricane you have for sale Levi? Bump!

#19 9 years ago

OK so what were the choices?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I completely disagree with the idea that this game is underrated.
It's a decent game - like most 90s Williams games - but it has a very half-baked feel to it.
The modes are mostly samey and uninspired. Also, the multiball and crime wave features...they start so fast you don't get a chance to watch the animations or really get an idea of what you are supposed to do. Very unpolished.
The moving gun seems like another half baked idea - not well integrated or necessary.
Lastly the game is way too easy. It hard to get crime wave and not very Satisfying when you do.
Dirty Harry ain't awful but it's rated just right - a middle of the road 90s title. There's plenty better including most of the other B-list titles. Games like bsd, Jackbot, NBA, doctor who...All are much better games.

Im kinda with this but I think dh is a good pin especially for around 2-2250 but there definitely better pins for around the same price I wld own first jm, bsd, jd, ft, dm, dw and probably a few more but if I had more room id own it .

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

NBA...really? DW is a total one trick pony also

NBA is more fun. Plenty more fun and it's got better flow and shots.

I'm not sure what the "one trick pony" comment means for DW, last I checked there's several tricks and several ponies.

#22 9 years ago

Got to crimewave last night, pretty awesome. I had crimewave and shoot out all in the same ball. Pretty freaking exciting for a pin which is layed back most of the time. Came in with a score of 2 billion and some change. This pin has moments of brilliance, but then sometimes it's over in a blink of an eye. Kinda like good cop bad cop. I enjoy it for the most part, but they could of added more variety in the modes.....callouts are cool in my opinion, especially....most of my partners end up dead, as the ball drains.

#23 9 years ago

I was one shot away from 2 crime wave arrests a while back. haven't seen midnight madness in years (guess I need to stay up later) . My Dirty Harrold has been collecting dust since I've gotten my Dracula going though.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not sure what the "one trick pony" comment means for DW, last I checked there's several tricks and several ponies.

Sonic Boom over and over.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sonic Boom over and over.

So you play DW for fun by going just for sonic booms? Getting a Davros jackpot is a good challenge and has a cool callout. I didn't get that this thread was looking at the game from a tournament perspective. People do play pinball for funsies...on occasion.

#26 9 years ago

I play Dirty Harry because it is fun. Theme matters!

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

So you play DW for fun by going just for sonic booms? Getting a Davros jackpot is a good challenge and has a cool callout. I didn't get that this thread was looking at the game from a tournament perspective. People do play pinball for funsies...on occasion.

Totally fair point.
The only issue (IMO) is besides the middle PF, Sonic Boom uses the only other interesting parts of the PF, so it's hard to stay away from it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crime-wave-dh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.