Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CFTBL__H.Trans_022.jpg
CFTBL__H.Trans_019.jpg
CFTBL__H.Trans_018.jpg
Pack_Line_2.png
#1 8 years ago

Good morning guys!
Any idea if It's still possible to find a NOS Hologram for CFTBL?
It seems every pinball shop is Out of stock and I can't find one on Ebay
It would be the final touch on my Creech restore (and the most imporatnt part!)

thanks!

#2 8 years ago

Good luck with this, they are like rocking horse shit.

The PinballMikeD LCD mod is the way forward due to the demise of of holograms, but again even they are sold out and not being produced until next year.

#3 8 years ago

I bought MikeD's Holo last year, installed it and resell it for the same price to a fellow pinsider 30 days later.
It was cool but over the top. Just like adding a GPS or a Tesla Ipad screen in a vintage 59' corvette.
Creech need its Holo IMHO

Still searching!

#4 8 years ago

If you could find a NOS, the price would be crazy.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

I bought MikeD's Holo last year, installed it and resell it for the same price to a fellow pinsider 30 days later.
It was cool but over the top. Just like adding a GPS or a Tesla Ipad screen in a vintage 59' Corvette.
Creech need its Holo IMHO

I did the same thing. The mod is a great piece of work but for me I had to put the holo back in. I am lucky my holo is still in nice green shape.

#6 8 years ago

How much crazy?
I paid near 850$ for MikeD's hologram set up (Holo+TV+delivery+ I'm canadian so add 30%)

I might say I can do crazy

#7 8 years ago

I have seen people asking that much for them. I don't know if they got that much.

#8 8 years ago

If anyone is willing to sell their MikeD's mod please let me know as I'm on his waiting list. My hologram is jet black at the moment

#9 8 years ago

Hi CWPQ,

Did you ever take a look at the reproduction hologram produced by Pinball-Dreams from Germany?

http://www.pinball-dreams.com/index.php?article_id=1&clang=1

Click on the thread URLs below to see photos of the hologram and read about the reproduction process and comments from actual customers who purchased/installed the new reproduction hologram.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-holo-repro-infos-pics-video-and-preorderlist#post-900934
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-new-hologram-from-pps#post-1438471
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-holo-reproduction/page/2#post-588537

I purchased one and think that it is very well done. There were a few complaints regarding the position of the creature's right arm saying that it doesn't seem to swipe at the player like the original did when the creature moves during game play.

I have had this reproduction hologram installed in my fully restored CFTBL since October of 2013 and am very happy with the appearance and performance of this reproduction hologram. I am very particular about my games and would not have installed this reproduction hologram in my game unless I felt that it was true to the original hologram as the creature image is very clear and bright green.

If you read the thread postings from reproduction hologram creator Henrik Maurer you will see that a lot of research was put into this very difficult project and a professional 3D modeler was hired to create this reproduction hologram in order to remain as true to the original hologram model as possible. I followed this process throughout and read every post by Henrik and am very impressed with both the process and the final product of the reproduction CFTBL hologram.

Gord

#10 8 years ago

thank you very muh Gordon!
I sent an email and waiting for a price!
it looks really good!

#11 8 years ago

I contacted Pinball Dreams last month regarding the repro and got not reply, although I understand they have zero stock. Please post back if you hear something, cheers.

#12 8 years ago

Hi there,

someone contacted me and didnt get an answer ?? hmm...too strange. Best thing is to contact me via email. Very busy these and cannot check pinside very often.

So...indeed..all my distributors seems to be sold out and we're unfortunately as well. Not sure for now if we make a rerun. I'd have to order a minimum of 100 items which simply is a huge preinvestement again. Have to talk to my distributors and see what they say. I make up my mind and let you know as soon as possible

Great weekend to everybody

Regards

Henrik

#13 8 years ago

thanks Henrik!

#14 8 years ago

I Have a couple of motors for the Hologram,both new if someone is looking.
Plus the board for the chase lights

#15 8 years ago

I also got the MikeD kit for mine and really like it. If I remember right, wasn't there an option to have just a video of the original creech hologram playing when you searched for the girl? I personally haven't tried it because I like all the new video clips playing, but I think you could go with one more like the original. I kept all the stuff from the old hologram set up. As did most everyone who made the switch... I bet someone would be willing to sell their old hologram to off set the cost of the mod. I haven't seen a NOS hologram come up for sale in a while and they are way over priced in my opinion. Someone out there might have one of Henrik's holograms just sitting a round... Maybe you can find one of those for sale. Good luck with your search!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Jimmydred:

I also got the MikeD kit for mine and really like it. If I remember right, wasn't there an option to have just a video of the original creech hologram playing when you searched for the girl?

Yes, the LCD MOD has two modes of operation: (1) Hologram mode and (2) Standard mode, which has videos for all the major modes of game play. You just remove a jumper on the interface board. See video below....

Once I finish building this:
Pack Line 2.pngPack Line 2.png

I'll get back to modding

#17 8 years ago

BR is going to part out my Creature parts, including a green hologram with motor assembly. PM BR .

#18 8 years ago

Here's a Very Nice ( Green ) hologram ,, I'm selling this Item w/ the Entire Housing .. If interested shoot me a PM ..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cftbl-pf-parts-hologram-plastics-ramps

CFTBL__H.Trans_018.jpgCFTBL__H.Trans_018.jpg
CFTBL__H.Trans_019.jpgCFTBL__H.Trans_019.jpg
CFTBL__H.Trans_022.jpgCFTBL__H.Trans_022.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 24.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creech-holo-part and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.