Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by littlecammi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo1.JPG
photo2.JPG
Picture 060.jpg
Picture 057.jpg
Unfaded Original.jpg
IMG_20131003_230125_198.jpg
IMG_20131003_232006_429.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Hi - love the forum and am grateful for the wealth of knowledge here..Am about to pull the trigger on Bally CFTBL.

This one is in very nice condition....The current price after some negotiation is $4300 - thoughts?????

I've wanted one of these for a while, and its pretty gratuitous that I found one the day I went shopping for them. Especially one in this condition.

I used to own Tales from the Crypt but sold it a # of years ago when the kids were moving out of the house. Now it's time for dad to get one for himself and I've wanted Creature or Monster Bash for a while...

#2 5 years ago

CREECH is sort of a polarizing pin. Personaly, it is my favororite due in large part to the awesome, nostalgic, charming theme and top-notch artwork. Rules are criticized for simplicity, which is fair. I still feel like it is a blast every time and the multiball is unique and tense and very challenging with one of the best payoffs in pinball (ie. Super Jackpot with 4X playfield multiplier)

$4300 seems to be at the high end pricing-wise, at least in my neighborhood. But if it's mint with a good hologram, then it's probably better to strike while its hot, rather than delaying and seeing prices rise further, particularly if its local and you can play it.

good luck. CREECH RULES!

#3 5 years ago

Thanks -

I'm a more serious monster collector and happen to like playing pinball too. Hence the Creech & Monster Bash are the big draw for me..Monster bash would be my first choice, but they are to expensive (for me)..Anyone has one for sale LMK!!!

I'm not sure I would call this creature "mint" (I'm very discerning) but its very good condition plus (at least aesthetically)...Everything seems to be working well including the hologram.

I am in Midwest and the place I am purchasing from has been in business for a long time...They do a nice set-up, clean-up the machines etc, get em in working order - they are not hacks..So I am contemplating buying this @ retail vs a private party.

#4 5 years ago

I've never quite understood why CFTBL didn't go up in price as much as similarly popular pins. I guess they are a "love it, hate it" kind of pin. Your price does seem a touch high, but for retail it's not outrageous by any means. I say go for it!

#5 5 years ago

Good luck on both. I have CREECH sitting next to MB and they look very nice side by side.

#6 5 years ago

When I play mine, I end up kicking the legs of the pin while cursing. That must mean it's a good game or I have the leg levelers set too high in the back.
$4,300 is top end, but if it's a nice example, get it. Does it have any mods? If not, that could be your negotiation point.
Also, as for future pricing, who knows. I doubt CFTBL will ever be remade so my guess is the price will only go up or stay stable.
Have fun getting your game and congrats!

#7 5 years ago

Thanks guys...appreciate the input...

Gotta go search for some pix of yours alveolus..

#8 5 years ago

Mods!!??

Ok - I saw a topper on flea-bay...

You mean I can mod these like my car, schwinn bikes etc right?

What mods are out there for Creech besides the topper? Is there a forum area I can search for those on this sight?

#9 5 years ago

Here is my mod video, before the colorDMD. Reminds me that I need to redo that video

#11 5 years ago

I believe $4300 is a completely fair price for a CFTBL. Mine is HUO (not that that means anything - condition is condition) and I have had offers of 5K for mine - but have turned them all down. Yes it has simple rules, but it is still a blast to play and a beauty to look at (sorry Atomicboy ). Probably the best looking machine I have, and maybe best looking game out there.
The obvious mod is the pink (or any colour) car mod with led lights. The coolest mod is the light up speaker panel (there are threads about this). I am trying to get on the list for this one as it is fantastic! The gravewalker topper is pretty badass if you are into toppers. I personally hate toppers, but this one is pretty cool - big though! I also changed my red bumper caps to teal and installed lights to flash in the pops - again, many threads showing you how to do this.
Good luck getting your pin and I hope you enjoy it!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Here is my mod video, before the colorDMD. Reminds me that I need to redo that video
ยป YouTube video

Sweet mods.

#13 5 years ago

Awesome feedback and education guys...I can't thank you all enough - the mods are terrific and you've made me feel better about pulling the trigger on the Creech I have a downpayment on.

I'm going to go do some research, am curious as to what would one expect to pay for a monster bash in vg+ condition? A lot more than Creech? Harder to find? Reason I am asking is that I will have one shot to buy one or the other the next couple years - can't afford both.

Want to make sure I don't do something in haste that I might regret later.

Interesting on rankings on pinpedia the Creech is a top 10 machine, while Monster Bash drops to 48??

#14 5 years ago

MB prices are a moving target right now due to speculation regarding PPS remakes. Prices seem to have dropped by 10-15% as a result, and I would expect them to drop more if a remake is announced. A nice condition MB right now would probably still run 8K or so. If you're patient and a bit lucky, you could possibly pick one up considerably cheaper in 2-3 years. Again, all depends on PPS.

My advice is that if 8K is too much right now, get the CFTBL and enjoy it and if you must (sacrilege!), sell it later for MB funds. I doubt you will lose much money and it will average out to very cheap entertainment.

#15 5 years ago

Personally, I think it's one of the lesser games Trudeau made for Bally/Williams. It's a solid game, and it's fun, but in terms of gameplay I'd take Dredd or Congo over Creature any day of the week.

The price you're looking at seems on the high end of what's reasonable. I thought normal ones went around $3k but I could be behind the times. That said, condition is everything, and if you can feel confident in saying it's in nice shape cosmetically and playing 100%, it may be worth that much.

#16 5 years ago

If I had the option, MB is the way to go.....far better pin. This is my opinion. They are also a lot more expensive but this is for a good reason. The flasher light show is awesome and very satisfying when you get the band members to play. The playfield toys are awesome too. Creech is fun as well, but in a different way. It's hard to give advice on which one to buy when every person has different tastes. To me, pins are similar to old cars in the aspect that each has it's own personality and feel. This advice comes from a collector who is relatively new to the hobby (6 years now) and I currently own both MB and CFTBL. (So my opinions are not biased)
Bottom line, you will be happy with either of these. Get which ever one you can afford. Pins are addictive and it won't be long before your purchase has another "friend" sitting next to it.....

#17 5 years ago

I also own both CFTBL and MB, and in my opinion, you can't go wrong with either (MB is my all-time favorite game). As far as the price for Creature goes, $4300 is probably in the right neighborhood. To me, $4000 is about the level for a "nice" CFTBL, and then the price goes up or down from there depending on condition, mods, etc. If it's in great shape and completely tricked out, $5K isn't off base. The range on this particular game seems to be pretty wide.

#19 5 years ago

I have and love colordmd in creech
IMG_20131003_230125_198.jpgIMG_20131003_232006_429.jpg

#20 5 years ago

This post is a calling card for Atomicboy. He should post anytime soon. I owned one and kinda agree after selling it. Its just an ok pin imho

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

This post is a calling card for Atomicboy. He should post anytime soon. I owned one and kinda agree after selling it. Its just an ok pin imho

I almost agree with you, at least as far as game play goes. That being said, I doubt I'll ever move mine. To me CFTBL is probably the most beautifully rendered overall package of any pin. The cabinet artwork, the music and call outs, the playfield, the speaker panel (even more so with the light mod), the back panel on the playfield, the translite--all just stellar. The game doesn't quite play as good as it looks and can be frustrating, but I can overlook that as the rest of the game was just so well done. I'd have a hard time having this as my only pin, however.

#22 5 years ago

It's a great game - unique playfield design, great theme, kick ass translite - nuff said.

#23 5 years ago

CFTBL is with out a doubt a great game, no game is going to be everything to everyone but it is definitely a game that will hold value and should even rise not likely to be remade and even if it was it would be more than $4300.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovemesomegaming:

This one is in very nice condition....The current price after some negotiation is $4300 - thoughts?????

Does it have cabinet front fade like most do?

Faded front cabinets are common on this title on the hot dog wiener, the bun, the popcorn bucket, and both 3D logos.

Is the hologram a Williams original--is it all-green with no bluing evident?

If neither is true, I'd personally hold out for one that has one of either quality or both (if those qualities also matter to you)--they can be found if you take your time.

Pic below of an unfaded but drilled original.

Unfaded Original.jpg

#25 5 years ago

Creech is one of the favorite games in my collection. I just shopped it with new ramps after owning it for 15+ years. People enjoy playing it and it's in our pinball tournament this weekend.

+/- $4K is the going rate right now. I'm not saying what I paid for mine all those years ago...

#26 5 years ago

I got a Creech this past summer, and I love it. It's rules are simple but the layout is very fast and tight. Supposedly there's a multiball in it, but good luck keeping both balls in for more then a few seconds

I paid in the mid $3k for mine, it does have a little playfield planking and some wear but the hologram is excellent and the ramps were new.

I can't see the game leaving my collection for a long time.

#27 5 years ago

Topper

Picture 057.jpg Picture 060.jpg
#28 5 years ago

I think it is a great looking pin and a challenging player (at times) - sometimes it is easy to get to multiball due to the basic rule set and sometimes it kicks you every time.

and if you like 60's nostalgic stuff you must get this pin

#29 5 years ago

Thanks again for the input....I was talking to the dealer and some of these were painted vs decaled?

SPFXTED - LOVE the topper..(is it for sale??)

#30 5 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Those toppers are easy to find. Don't pay the 400$+ price tag on ePAY. There was a monster movie site that was selling the Creature grave walker for 89$ U.S.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

and if you like 60's nostalgic stuff you must get this pin

50's swinks.

This is my favorite monster movie of all time (and I love them all). It's a very nice piece to own and you should look into the LCD mod that is available. Really looking forward to creating my own vids for the attract mode.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

50's swinks.
This is my favorite monster movie of all time (and I love them all). It's a very nice piece to own and you should look into the LCD mod that is available. Really looking forward to creating my own vids for the attract mode.

thanks, close

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovemesomegaming:

SPFXTED - LOVE the topper..(is it for sale??)

Look around. They might be sold out again. If you can't find one, mine might be available.

#34 5 years ago

Here is the topper mounted...photo1.JPGphoto2.JPG

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Here is the topper mounted.

That is a great looking topper for CFTBL if you have the ceiling clearance (which I unfortunately don't).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 235.00
Boards
RS Technologies

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside