(Topic ID: 251568)

Credits Keep Increasing, Even When Set to Extra Ball...Why?

By jimgravina

37 days ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by jimgravina
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 37 days ago

Hey guys,

Been playing around with the settings for my Back to the Future Pin and had set it up to award extra balls instead of credits since it’s a home game and on free play. However, I notice the credit number still shows on the screen and I’m not sure why. I also realized that the knocker only hits on a credit so I switched it back to award a credit...my question is, is there a way do disable the showing of how many credits you have (either set to award credit or extra ball)?

If not, and the credits keep rising...what happens after the credit counter hits my max which is set to 30..

Thank you, jus t trying to wrap my head around all these settings.
Jim

#2 37 days ago

This is just the way DE programmed their game. In another thread I think I suggested you contact pinballcode.net to see if they'd be willing to make some of these changes you're asking for. As to why Dataeast did it - that's just the way they did - most of the time people do NOT have games set that way, I'd guess that the coding goes "replay surpassed, award a credit... so, show the credits. Even if it's set to award extra balls".

When you reach the credits max, it's just going to stay at 30.

#3 37 days ago

Some games turn off the credit display when on free play. Most don’t.

#4 37 days ago

Ok thanks! I don’t mind it, I was just curious.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Orange Park, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 24.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside