(Topic ID: 252048)

Crediting/Game Start on Post Time (Williams, 1969)

By chdwbr

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chdwbr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hello folks,

I recently picked up my first pin, a Post Time, and I'm having some issues getting the game to start. The previous owner said he could never get any games started after he bought it and brought it back to his house but said it was working before he transported it. (He isn't a pinhead, he just thought it was cool.) I had no previous experience with pins, but he offered it to me for a cheap enough price so I brought it home.

When I got down to business I noticed that the Trip/Latch armature for the Game Over relay stack was out of alignment so I set that back into place, powered on, pressed the left flipper got playfield lights and nothing else. I don't know how coin mechs are supposed to work (info there would be helpful), and the start button didn't do anything, so I figured I would try and manually trip the Coin relay and voila! Game plays just fine.

So after that long winded back story, I think what I need info on is how the coin mech is supposed to function properly in order to allow for proper crediting so that the start button trips that Coin relay.

I don't plan on putting this on location so if there is an easy way to rig this up for free play I would be okay with that idea.

Let me know what pictures would be helpful.

Thank you!

#2 4 years ago

Well, here's a bit of an update. I think I solved my problem!

In browsing around I saw something about checking the tilt switches when first picking up an EM. I looked at the slam tilt switch inside the coin door and it didn't look completely closed to me. Gave it a bit of an adjustment with my finger and now all of a sudden the game starts with the start button!

It looks like it has already been wired for free play as well.

I'm considering this solved for now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crediting-game-start-on-post-time-williams-1969 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.