Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by dasvis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

I’ve taken my target pool credit wheel assembly apart for cleaning. I remember reading somewhere that I need to keep careful track of the number of turns on the central spring. So I was very careful and of course it slipped and went zippppp and now I can’t find any info online on a good starting number of turns.. I thought I read somewhere that 3-4 was average but that could have been for something else. Any help for an idiot? should I try 1 or 100?

#2 3 months ago

4 is a good place to start.

#3 3 months ago

Thanks! If it explodes I will blame you

#4 3 months ago

My approach is to not worry about it. Just clean and adjust everything and then make the spring only as strong as needed to reset the unit from the 1st step back to the zero/reset position. I'm not familiar with all manufacturers, but 3-4 is what I usually end up with.

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from jeffc:

My approach is to not worry about it. Just clean and adjust everything and then make the spring only as strong as needed to reset the unit from the 1st step back to the zero/reset position. I'm not familiar with all manufacturers, but 3-4 is what I usually end up with.

Exactly. Not rocket science, just common sense. too weak, tighten it a turn, too strong, back it off.

Clay made too big a deal of it in his guide. It's nothing really.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside