(Topic ID: 203858)

Credit dot but no test report

By SunMonkeyAZ

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I picked up a WCS yesterday and batteries were old and fuses were random. I replaced batteries and fuses today and had a error for date/time. I set that but when powered up I get the “error press enter for test report” message. Press enter and no report it just goes into the menu. Back out and close the door and the dot is gone. Until next power up. In switch test I have a couple not registering which is expected since it’s been on location for a long time. Just wondering why the report isn’t showing as I’d like to see what is causing the error. Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

A couple thoughts. Battery holder not doing a good job. Or try a factory reset to clear garbage out of memory.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

I had that with my Shadow for a while. Get a credit dot and open the door and nothing in the report. Play about 8 games and the dot came back. Open coin door and nothing. It eventually stopped doing it after about 6 months. No idea what it was and glad it cleared itself up. (knock on wood)

#4 6 years ago

I did the factory reset and no change. Still there. When I power up it gives the error, I wait and it goes into attract and no dot. Plays fine. I had to fix the switches not closing out (wire loose) so now they close out.

I did find the shooter lane switch was disconnected. After reconnecting the ball eject keeps firing all the balls out. In test when hitting the shooter lane switch the trough stack flickers on the matrix. That’s why it was disconnected. I disconnected it again and balls stayed put to play a game with the wife and kids. I’ll check that out in the next couple days. Once that is resolved all switches will be good. Hopefully the dot goes away then. ????

Thanks.

#5 6 years ago

I didn’t mention that the game had 4 balls in the trough when I looked at it. I added a 5th when I got it home but could there be a ball stuck somewhere? Would that cause the random credit dots. It didn’t ever do a ball search when I looked at it.

#6 6 years ago

i wish all my pinball issues involved the machine reporting a problem and there not actually being one. usually it's the other way around.

#7 6 years ago

I just replaced the diode and removed the spade connector on the shooter lane switch. Turned the game on and no error. Played a game and it seems to also have resolved my lock magnet not kicking on during gameplay. I suppose since the shooter lane switch wasn't working it caused some program hiccup since it never saw a ball there? Hmmmm, Pinball.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

since the shooter lane switch wasn't working

Wired wrong ? Diode on backwards ? Bad diode ? Shorted internally ?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wired wrong ? Diode on backwards ? Bad diode ? Shorted internally ?

I don’t have definite answer. Wires and diode were wired correctly. Diode tested ok.
From previous issues with other machines it was suggested to me to remove the spade connector. So I don’t know what was wrong but when the switch was connected the balls would all get launched out and the lock didn’t work. Now after resoldering and a new diode they work. If the diode was ok maybe bad solder or spade wasn’t connecting cleanly. ????

Just tested again and no error message and magnet lock works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/credit-dot-but-no-test-report and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.