Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pindude80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

The display on my HG that is supposed to show the credits and ball in play is all zeros. I swapped it with the player 4 display and am getting the same results. I put the game in test mode and it doesn't count up numbers like the other displays, just stays at zero. I did a little searching and found a thread where a guy had a similar problem and they told him to look at I think it was J1 on the MPU board. He jiggled his around and got it to work but I had reset the mpu connectors the other day but it didn't change anything. Should I change out the crimp contacts on the connector for the display next?

#2 4 years ago

Check/replace the crimp at pin 24 of J1 at the MPU board and the crimp at pin 15 at that display connector - this is a red-black wire and is the display strobe signal for that Credit/Ball In Play display.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Check/replace the crimp at pin 24 of J1 at the MPU board and the crimp at pin 15 at that display connector - this is a red-black wire and is the display strobe signal for that Credit/Ball In Play display.

Ok, will do and I will report the results when I get a chance to replace the contacts. Thanks!

#4 4 years ago

Quench, you never fail to impress. I replaced all of the crimps on J1 a couple weeks ago but the header pins still need to be replaced so I thought that could be part of the problem. At first I thought this J1 was a 25 pin connector because someone wrote on the board with a sharpie marker over the pin numbers so I had checked the 2nd from bottom thinking it was 24 and it looked good. I replaced crimp 15 on the display, same thing. I went back to J1, realized it was a 28 pin connector, pulled the real pin 24 contact and sure enough the springed contact got smashed somehow. I replaced it and my display was showing the right info instead of zeros!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/credit-ball-in-play-display-showing-all-zeros and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.