• Dracula 75 votes
    55%
  • Neither 9 votes
    7%

(136 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3CEB078A-7260-452E-9E02-1192E4032B49 (resized).jpeg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Hi guys,
just curious to know what you think about this match, BSD vs CFTBL?
I love BSD, i have a beautiful model since many years, it's one if not my favorite pinball of the 90 era, but i think to buy or replace it with a Creech.
Thanks

#2 5 years ago

I like creech better, but they are both pretty narrow.

BSD is more of an asskicker (with lightning flippers) but I don't find it that interesting, and the look of it isn't great. It's got 30 million and that's aboot it.( EDIT: forgot Mist is still pretty sweet)
Creech is pretty linear/narrow as well but I like the tasks more. I can see why people would get sick of it though. If sounds/dmd mean anything Creech is 100 times better, it has humor...and the Super Jackpot isn't the easiest to get.

You already have a quick quicker like IM so try a change up.

#3 5 years ago

Votes for BSD but it’s a real close call.

If you would add Pinsound to the Creech I think the vote would swap to Creech.....

But I decided to vote based on original pin.

#4 5 years ago

BSD is starting to get overrated around here. It was cool when it was the sleeper but now it's getting a little much.

Never been a huge fan of creature's theme but it's a fun shooter. I would pass on both.

#5 5 years ago

I have a CFTBL with pinsound and woofer. It’s my wife’s favorite pin.
Great theme and really fun.

I’ve been looking for a BSD, just hard to find.

Both are really good pins. I wouldn’t necessarily sell one to get the other. If possible, keep Drac and get a Creature.

#6 5 years ago

yup, can't imagine paying 3500-4k for a bsd and thinking I got a good deal.

#7 5 years ago

I really like Dracula, but Creature has more going on.

Creature snackbar fatality
Dracula Fluffy the Vampire

#8 5 years ago

I prefer Creature. It's just a fun game and not a complete butt kicker like BSD. I also agree BSD is getting overrated. It's a great game but not much variety in gameplay. You just try to hit the same shots over and over to try and get the mb's going at the same time. Fun when it happens but very tough to do. So you either have a really good game or a miserable one. Lightning flippers make it tough but the real frustrating thing is all the drains you get from the ball just coming out of the top area of the playfield. Creature has a lot of fun modes and more shots. I think the theme is much better since not really a fan of horror stuff.

#9 5 years ago

I've owned both and sold both but would own a BSD again in a second for a good price. The going rate is really starting to get up there. Creature is one of the best looking games ever but it gets too repetitive.

#10 5 years ago

I really enjoy playing both and don’t think I would choose one over the other. Good luck with your decision.

3CEB078A-7260-452E-9E02-1192E4032B49 (resized).jpeg3CEB078A-7260-452E-9E02-1192E4032B49 (resized).jpeg
#11 5 years ago

To me Creech has the better art package, but that terrible tingy music that gets old real fast. Game play and rules are OK, but it is fairly easy to have excessively long ball times.

BSD is by far the better playing game and also to me has a way better rule set. Stacking multiballs was not very common at that time. Music and sounds are top notch. The cabinet looks nice, but the translite and playfield art are pretty much amateur hour, but it did take me some time before I'd had enough of seeing it everyday.

That being said, BSD was a much better playing experience of the two and got way more playing time when I owned it.

#12 5 years ago

Creature by far for me. It just needs to be setup so it's not too easy - which isn't hard to do.
Some people put rubber sleeves on the outlane posts - which is a big mistake as they make the game far too easy.

#13 5 years ago

I'm with o-din on this one.

#14 5 years ago

Had both and bsd is still here 4 years later.... cftbl didnt last long for me. It was fun and has good theme but it just got old very fast . Not sure what it is about bsd but the music/sounds, lighting and the way it plays/code just hits the right spot with me and its in my top 3 .

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Had both and bsd is still here 4 years later.... cftbl didnt last long for me. It was fun and has good theme but it just got old very fast . Not sure what it is about bsd but the music/sounds, lighting and the way it plays/code just hits the right spot with me and its in my top 3 .

There is nothing like getting all three multis stacked and hearing the callout THHHHHIIIIIRRRRRTTTYY MIIIILLLLIIIOOOOONNNNNNNNN.... The callouts and music are amped up to the max and its just one of the best rushes you can get in pinball.

#16 5 years ago

I LOVE bsd, no secret. But I do want a creature....it’s comparing an a- game to a b+ game. Very close. Creature prob has broader appeal, but drac has deeper appeal. Very close.
I voted bsd btw.

#17 5 years ago

Bsd all day

#18 5 years ago

Had both...loved both...Creech stayed a lot longer that BSD but they had to go. Can't go wrong with either...

#19 5 years ago

I see BSD as such a classic game that is unforgiving and has that last-ability but to each his own. The one more game aspect clinches it for me and when you get all 3 multis going at once it's a rush. Not to mention Mist is one of the coolest things on any pin ever. I like tougher pins so maybe that's why. Creature is a good shooter that I enjoy but see how it could get old fast for some.

#20 5 years ago

I own both and will probably never part with either. With that being said...I think BSD is the more competitive game and Cftbl is just a beautiful and timeless pinball machine. I also have to disagree with the people that believe BSD is overrated. I would rather play BSD than several of the machines currently ranked above it.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

I have a CFTBL with pinsound and woofer. It’s my wife’s favorite pin.
Great theme and really fun.
I’ve been looking for a BSD, just hard to find.
Both are really good pins. I wouldn’t necessarily sell one to get the other. If possible, keep Drac and get a Creature.

In your boat and just bought a very nice BSD, to compliment my CFTBL...I think it's funny how suddenly, these "B+" titles are supposedly overpriced, when they've stood the test of time, and the "new shineys" are defended to death (Houdini, anyone?).....this game will fill a nice spot in my lineup.

Something about these games that just brings a nice change from "latest, greatest" trend of late, hence the higher prices..a solid, great machine, imho...

#22 5 years ago

I own both. My fav 2 B/W pins I own.

Which is my fav? Good question.....

EDIT: I picked Creech

#23 5 years ago

In the "both" camp here as well. Neither are overrated. Both are awesome. CFTBL is a family fun game. BSD is a quick kick in the junk.

They are two very different games, and I love them both. Funny to know in 2012 you could get both for about $5100. Now, that's the price for one routed CFTBL.

#24 5 years ago

Agree with the last 4 posts.
I have both and love them for different reasons. Actually prefer these over almost all the A listers which I have owned.
But....fully restored playing beautifully and pinsound. That's what does it for me.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

I really enjoy playing both

nice visual .

#26 5 years ago

I also have both, had them a long time. Could let BSD go and never miss it. Creech will stay.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Funny to know in 2012 you could get both for about $5100. Now, that's the price for one routed CFTBL.

Lol...i think i paid $600 for BSD and $1800 for Creech....

#28 5 years ago

Cftbl plays better in the summer and Dracula plays better in the winter.

#29 5 years ago

Bsd all the way! Theme integration is tops on both games, however the annoying sounds on CFTBL put it behind BSD in my book. BSD is also do damn hard it brings the replayability factor up.

#30 5 years ago

Both great themes, but I'm going with CFTBL. BSD doesn't have enough to shoot at--at least not enough that the reward isn't worth the risk of an immediate drain. Creature is also a tough game, you'd better be able to place your shots well or you'll be watching the ball go right between those wide-spaced flippers...a lot. Building up to and actually hitting the Super Jackpot is one of the best accomplishments in pinball--super tough with only two balls but oh so cool when you finally do it. BSD is even a tougher game with not as much to do (less modes). The saving grace are fun ramps, the stacking multiballs and Mist--one of the coolest tricks ever in pinball. Creech gets the nod for being perhaps the most beautiful overall package in pinball, with more to do and not quite as punishing. Add MikeD's video mod and Jeff's lighted back panel--takes CFTBL to the next level.

#31 5 years ago

I've got both... and I'm in the camp that they are some of the last 2 to go. Both are great games for different reasons.

I love brutal pins, so BSD is a winner.
I love theme, music, atmosphere, so CFTBL is a winner.

If I had to get rid of one... I'd probably choose BSD just b/c it would cost less to get it back, but I don't want to get rid of either.

#32 5 years ago

Thanks for the comments

Here comes a new challenger, the Shadow

So, BSD vs Creature vs Shadow, who wins?

#33 5 years ago

With your collection Shadow would get my vote.

#34 5 years ago

I will trade my ACDC for a Lotr, one of my favorite game.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Thanks for the comments

I own all three of those games and I think my favorite is Shadow.

#36 5 years ago

Still bsd for me but shadow is nice pin

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Thanks for the comments

They are all really good. I’d have to say, The Shadow.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I'll let you know if I snag the potential one I am currently eye-balling....

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Thanks for the comments

Shadow easily in my opinion. Creature is good, but more of a slower paced game - not a bad thing depending on lineup, great theme and dots overall. BSD is also a good game, great theme and dots but for me tends to have odd placement of shots which lends to a lot of drains and frustrating misses. Shadow on the other hand feels like greased owl shit as the ball flies around the orbits and ramps, you are in control while adjusting the diverters and it all just comes together in a rainman fashion once it clicks. Making the left orbit while holding the right flipper to make the mode shot is super unique, the magnets of the sanctum shot, the music, shadow loops, the upper playfield, truly eddy's best game.

#40 5 years ago

I voted BSD but since you've added The Shadow... for me it's The Shadow just swap out the translate to the Aurich artwork

#41 5 years ago

I genuinely don't understand the hype over Creature. It has a GREAT theme, and a gorgeous art package, but the audio feels flat and lifeless, and the gameplay is only so-so. I'm always left wanting after a game of Creature.

Dracula has a so-so theme (being based on the movie, that is), with a so-so art package, but damn, the gameplay, audio, and DMD presentation are top notch. BSD has it where it counts.

I think if BSD had a reworked translight, like The Shadow has, it'd blow Creature out of the water by every metric.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I genuinely don't understand the hype over Creature....
I think if BSD had a reworked translight, like The Shadow has, it'd blow Creature out of the water by every metric.

And I don't understand how changing the translight on a game makes it better by every metric, or any metric

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And I don't understand how changing the translight on a game makes it better by every metric, or any metric

I agree with this sentiment. While I do love the Aurich translite, I do not have one and my Shadow remains awesome to play. Even with Alec staring into my soul.

Speaking of this new poll, I also have all 3... and they are the main 3 pins I play. Completely different from one another in every way from shots to art to feel to music. I think as a trifecta they complement each other very well, and recommend getting all 3.

#44 5 years ago

I love both of these games, but they are both one trick ponies. Go BSD if you like stacking multiballs or Creech if you like objective based ones, because outside of multiball neither one of them has much going on.

If you can get past how ugly Shadow is, it's gameplay is magnitudes better than either of the other two.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Bsd all the way! Theme integration is tops on both games, however the annoying sounds on CFTBL put it behind BSD in my book. BSD is also do damn hard it brings the replayability factor up.

Wait.... you're saying a pin sounds more annoying than BSD? The sound effects in the game drive me nuts.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

To me it does. I guess I just value a good art package, especially when you’re spending so much time and money on something that’s essentially a piece of furniture in your home.

To each his own, I suppose.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

... especially when you’re spending so much time and money on something that’s essentially a piece of furniture in your home.

So what if you got a game for free, does that change the metrics?

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Even with Alec staring into my soul.

I've had my best games with Alec watching - We need a pro Alec movement around here.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I've had my best games with Alec watching - We need a pro Alec movement around here.

Maybe I'll pop an Alec translite into my Creech and see if my scores improve....

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So what if you got a game for free, does that change the metrics?

For free, you could give me a Raven and I’d be the happiest person in the world lmao.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Falls Church, VA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-vs-dracula?hl=shadrac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.