• Latest reply 9 years ago by Troutfarm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0043.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I have a choice between creature lagoon or fun house witch one do think is the better game.

#2 9 years ago

CFTBL. Beautiful game. Lot going on...Rudy freaks me out.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

CFTBL. Beautiful game. Lot going on...Rudy freaks me out.

agree, +1

add a poll

#4 9 years ago

Funhouse is a great game, lotsa fun shots, Rudy is cool, great theme,
BUT Creech is probably my favorite.

#5 9 years ago

Fh rules creech only has 2 ball multiball buy both just in case

#6 9 years ago

I wish I had the cash and room so I have to pick one

#7 9 years ago

I bought both, did high end restorations on both...Sold the Funhouse and still have the Creature! Theme and play was better on CFTBL.

#8 9 years ago

Creech for gameplay in my collection...both great games.

#9 9 years ago

Both are AMAZING games. Definitely a hard decision.

#10 9 years ago

I would almost have to go for Creature... Although I own and love Funhouse and haven't yet owned a Creature.

#11 9 years ago

Cftbl by a mile

#12 9 years ago

Either would be a nice addition to your collection. Creature is my favorite, ever. You've already got a Pat Lawlor (Twilight Zone), so you might want to mix it up and find out what John Trudeau is all about.

A little more food for thought: the multiball on Creature is the best I've ever played. I've read that it was originally designed as a three ball multiball (indeed, the machine has three balls, even though it clearly only needs two), but was later reduced to two - a decision I fully support.

Starting the mutliball requires focus on four things (F-I-L-M), and completing all four is exactly as difficult as starting a multiball should be. Once you start it, you're not flailing wildly like multiball on most games, you're totally in control: focused on every shot you make with both balls. You know exactly what you're trying to do and if you're succeeding or missing. Jackpots and super jackpots (multiplied 4x if possible) are where all of the points are at, and although it's so simple, it's magnificently difficult to do. That's elegance defined.

If you took the glass off of a Creature and cheated, you could blow away every high score in just a couple minutes. Getting the big points is SO simple, yet so difficult. I think that alone is what makes the game so magnificent.

Oh, not to mention the best art package and best sound package in the game.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Either would be a nice addition to your collection. Creature is my favorite, ever. You've already got a Pat Lawlor (Twilight Zone), so you might want to mix it up and find out what John Trudeau is all about.
A little more food for thought: the multiball on Creature is the best I've ever played. I've read that it was originally designed as a three ball multiball (indeed, the machine has three balls, even though it clearly only needs two), but was later reduced to two - a decision I fully support. Starting the mutliball requires focus on four things (F-I-L-M), and completing all four is exactly as difficult as starting a multiball should be. Once you start it, you're not flailing wildly like multiball on most games, you're focused (pun) on every shot you make with both balls. You know exactly what you're trying to do and if you're succeeding or missing. Jackpots and super jackpots (multiplied 4x if possible) are where all of the points are at, and although it's so simple, it's magnificently difficult to do. That's elegance defined.
If you took the glass off of a Creature and cheated, you could blow away every high score in just a couple minutes. Getting the big points is SO simple, yet so difficult. I think that alone is what makes the game so magnificent.
Oh, not to mention the best art package and best sound package in the game.

Nice post! I very much agree and I'd also go with CFTBL. However, if Funhouse was in super shape and Creature was a beater--I'd probably take FH.

#14 9 years ago

Looking at your collection, I am going to say FH.

#15 9 years ago

CFBL without a doubt!

#16 9 years ago

I own both... it would be a hard decision for me. I love the art & music of Creach. On the other hand; FunHouse is just plain fun. I love the way Rudy taunts you thu out the game. Its a tough call. If I had to decide to let one go, it would be Creature, by a very slight margin.

#17 9 years ago

Both great games, I own a creature and my dad has a funhouse. I really love both but I like creature better. Even though the multi ball is only 2 ball, it's extremely challenging. Creature has great ramps and is a dmd game. If you are into modding, tons of mods for creature. You can't go wrong either way though.

#18 9 years ago

Is the likelihood that there will be a FH 2.0 a factor in your decision?

#19 9 years ago

I would love to own a Creature, so there is my vote.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-or-fun-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.