3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by MeNaCeFiRe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yyyyyikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi All,

During a game a few days back the optos on the right-lane and lower-right
kick outs stopped working. They don't work in test mode and therefore the ball
is not getting kicked out back into play.

Is this a common, simple to fix problem?

Thanks in advance.

#4 3 years ago

thanks taxman,

yep - i pretty much thought the same thing as you. i reseated everything i could think of - and yes i had just the day before rebuilt the flippers so have done some work underneath, moving the board next to them - which i think controls the motors for the creature. everything was working though....but....who knows?

there's a board (when raised) bottom left of the playfield which has a led which doesn't light - i haven't yet checked the manual, but is this an opto controller? and should the led be on?

i tried tracing the wires but couldn't find where they were going - i'll have another look tomorrow.
also i'll check the connectors you're talking about tomorrow. need to sleep on it.

#5 3 years ago

well....i repeated what i did originally (i.e. wobbling around the connectors) and guess what?
works now.

cheers all.

#7 3 years ago

ok so, cheers taxman...
after a few plays the same thing has happened and no amount of wiggling nor wobbling is helping this time.

do you think it is just the J1 connector? i don't have a spare board from other machines to test with.

#9 3 years ago

yes, you're right - there's no led on the opto board.
i'll have a go at this, i've got a few other boards to solder (bigger, more expensive ones)
which i've been putting off for ages. only done one before and that worked out ok so...

thanks again

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yyyyyikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside