DSCF8616_edited-1.jpg
beansmile3.jpg
IMG_5047.JPG
IMG_5040.JPG
IMG_5039.JPG
IMG_4999.JPG
IMG_4995.JPG
IMG_4994.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

3 months later
#327 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I second that...

I third that. I'd prefer not to have my lagoon window be used as an advertisment for the mod makers.

Are the video files on an SD card in a common format so they can be replaced/edited?

#346 10 years ago

I agree with Keebler. I think it looks a bit out of place in an otherwise great looking mod.

I had one on order already and just sent email to Mike and he says a refund is no problem. So if you were on the waiting list, an extra one will be available.

#356 10 years ago

Sounds awesome. Please cancel my cancelation. I think these changes make the mod perfect.

3 weeks later
#404 10 years ago

That does suck. Hopefully production will resume soon.

I just installed mine this week. The mod looks great. I had one hiccup in the install (entirely my fault) but Mike answered my email within a few hours and knew exactly what the issue was. Awesome customer service.

The mod looks cool in the demo vids but looks even better when viewed live. Having the TV sunk below the lagoon window really gives it a sense of depth. I got mine with the hologram emulation for the multiball mode but all the new animations for everything else and I think thats the perfect combination of old and new. The mod is very well integrated with the gameplay. it even displays the creature when you activate the hologram test in the utilities menu.

I think I'll be retiring my green hologram for good after seeing how good the mod looks. Thanks for the awesome mod mike.

2 months later
#445 10 years ago

The new custom video features sound fantastic. I already had a few ideas for some custom videos. Hopefully others will also make some unique video sequences and start sharing them with the community. I can't wait to upgrade.

Do you have an estimate of when the 1.0 owners can buy the 2.0 upgrade?

#456 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Enough goofing around, I finally bought myself a CFTBL It just seemed silly not owning this machine. After all, I’ve been working on this MOD for over a year now, man how time flies...
Update:
Rusty and I installed the MOD in my machine last night as well as the latest software. We then spent a few hours playing the game, looking for any bugs. It’s funny what a simple spelling error will do Anyway, we got everything working. We still have some fine tuning to do, but all of the videos play as intended.
Software Changes:
Based on customer feedback - we do read all the posts in this thread – we decided to rewrite the entire program. Without getting into all the programming “mumbo-jumbo”, here’s a list of some of the improvements:
• Converted all static images to videos (so, now the screen saver and FILM letter award images are videos). FYI - the video software we created for V2.0 will allow you to take any static image and turn it into a video.
• Added 3 new video features – new screen saver, multiball intro, and one surprise video for you to find The MB intro video plays when you start MB; this video plays until you find the creature.
• Added video looping capability.
• We are now booting into the program without using “X”, so the boot up time is only around 30 seconds.
• We are now utilizing a USB. The code is still run off of an SD card, but the videos are saved on a USB.
• V2.0 ships with our custom Windows based video editing software. You just load the software on your PC from the USB drive and you’re ready to start making your own videos.
• Plus a few more surprises
I will say that the video editing software is pretty slick. You launch the program from your desktop, use a browser button to select your base video or picture, and then use various radio buttons or numeric entry fields to modify and create a finished movie for any video feature supported in the MOD (attract, screen saver, FILM letters, move your car, snack bar, left ramp, right ramp, MB intro, MB and more). The software gives you the ability to rotate, re-size, and position your video exactly where you want on the MOD’s TV screen. We also give you the option to choose between any of the graphical overlays we utilized for our own videos (black bezel, black bezel with “Creature from the Black Lagoon” text, drive-in movie screen, your own custom overlay, or no overlay at all) - just click a radio button.
We even give you default window sizes based on the overlay you choose. So, let’s say you want to make a video and have it displayed on the drive-in movie screen. You’d just load your video, select the “Drive-in” radio button, select where you want to save the video, and click the “create” button - you’re done. Once the video is made you just move it to the right location on the USB drive (each video feature has a specific folder on the USB card). If you want to make a test video to see how your video looks before you make a full length video, just use the preview button to generate a 5 second test video. This is a great feature that allows you to get the sizing and positioning exactly the way you want.
Now the MOD can be whatever you want it to be. I’m hoping you guys come up with your own videos, customizing the MOD and making it your own. If enough people start making their own videos I’ll see what it takes to create a share site where we can all upload our videos for other CFTBL owns to try.
Anyway, I gotta get back to work. I’ll post more in the up coming weeks.
Mike

Wow Thats all sounds incredible. I think these changes might make this mod surpass the tron video arcade one for its sheer coolness. Thanks for knocking this one out of the park.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-hologram-mod?tu=docquest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.