DSCF8616_edited-1.jpg
beansmile3.jpg
IMG_5047.JPG
IMG_5040.JPG
IMG_5039.JPG
IMG_4999.JPG
IMG_4995.JPG
IMG_4994.JPG
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#301 10 years ago

awesome mod. one of the best mods out there. If I liked CFTBL, i'd get this. This ranks up there with the Tron arcade. nice work.

#302 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

awesome mod. one of the best mods out there. If I liked CFTBL, i'd get this. This ranks up there with the Tron arcade. nice work.

Thanks Neo

#303 10 years ago

Ok, so I’ve receive several inquiries regarding how the MOD is powered. The MOD consists of two powered parts (1) the TV and (2) the CPU.

The TV is powered via the games 12VDC circuit. We get this power from the coin door interface board. Our MOD eliminates several of the game’s 12VDC consumers (for example the hologram light), so the TV’s load is somewhat offset by the removal of other powered items in the game. Again, we tested the MOD in two different machines, but I cannot guarantee that your power driver board is in the same condition as the ones in the two machines we tested the MOD in.

On a separate note, we are developing several other MODs. One of these MODs is called the “Universal MOD Power Supply.” It is designed to work in any WPC/WPC95 machine. With MODs becoming more and more common in machines and everyone fighting to use the same (12VDC and 5VDC) power sources, we felt this was a valid product for pinball collectors. This MOD would basically function as a separate transformer, powered independently from the games electronics. This will allow “modders” the ability to power a multitude of MODs (including multiple 5VDC, 12VDC, etc. connections) form an independent power source.

Back on topic

The CPU is powered via the flasher circuit. We did this because we didn’t want to overpower the 12VDC circuit (for the reasons listed above). I’ve been running our prototype (which is what the GLM boards are based on) for over a month with no issues. Hope this helps.

#304 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

“Universal MOD Power Supply.”

Will this work on Venus?

#305 10 years ago

Wow, I can't believe I didn't see this sooner, that is an AWESOME mod!

For your next assignment I suggest taking an AC/DC Premium playfield, putting it in an AC/DC pro, and substituting an awesome concert LCD video show mod for the lower playfield. That would get rid of the face and make for an incredible and unique show. Just do it.

Mike

#306 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Wow, I can't believe I didn't see this sooner, that is an AWESOME mod!
For your next assignment I suggest taking an AC/DC Premium playfield, putting it in an AC/DC pro, and substituting an awesome concert LCD video show mod for the lower playfield. That would get rid of the face and make for an incredible and unique show. Just do it.
Mike

Hi Mike,

I'd love to do that, but not sure anyone would want to install a MOD that complicated. We are scheming on an ACDC MOD though

#307 10 years ago

Can't seem to add more pics

#308 10 years ago

Ok, that was odd.

I installed the first unit in my father-in-law's machine yesterday. I shot video of the entire installation and took some pics as well. It will definitely take me a few days to deinterlace/edit all the video footage, so here are some pics of the install.

I'd received some questions via email on how the TV stand mounts in the cab and how the TV is powered. Here you can see that the stand uses the existing mirror motor 8-32 mounting holes and the TV is powered via J2 at the coin door.

IMG_5039.JPGIMG_5039.JPG

#309 10 years ago

Here's a pic of how the TV mounts to the stand.

Oh, and the TV actually has and LED screen not an LCD screen. So, it should last much longer, support better black colors, and have a wider viewing angle.

IMG_5040.JPGIMG_5040.JPG

#310 10 years ago

Someone requested a pic of the screen with the coin door open, here you go.

IMG_5047.JPGIMG_5047.JPG

#311 10 years ago

Update:

I should be getting the first batch of boards from Tony sometime next week. I'll be out of pocket for a few days on business, but we'll begin building harnesses next weekend. I should have the install video completed by then as well. Then we'll start contacting folks on the list. Thanks for your patience.

#312 10 years ago

patience??? you obviously can't hear me from over there!

#313 10 years ago

Hi guys, will you be shipping this mod to Brisbane ,Australia if so put me down for one.
Cheers Kurtis .

#314 10 years ago

Looking good! thanks for posting the pictures

1 week later
#315 10 years ago

Let's go! Before I blow this money on somethin else!

#316 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Update:
I should be getting the first batch of boards from Tony sometime next week. I'll be out of pocket for a few days on business, but we'll begin building harnesses next weekend. I should have the install video completed by then as well. Then we'll start contacting folks on the list. Thanks for your patience.

I can't wait!

#317 10 years ago

Very nice work, I'm tempted to buy even though my hologram is still perfectly bright green.

1 week later
#318 10 years ago

Just started loading up the video installation guide for the MOD on YouTube (there are 3 videos in total). They will walk you step-by-step through the entire installation process.

Here's the first video:

#319 10 years ago

Great when can I buy it?

#320 10 years ago

Home run--correction--Grand Slam mod!

Awesome accomplishment Mike; congratulations!

#321 10 years ago

Here's the second video:

#322 10 years ago

Here's the third and finally video for the installation:

#323 10 years ago

Don't know if this has been asked before or not, but does this mod include the "Pinball Mike D" branding by default? If so, is there a way to remove it? Not that I don't understand the reason behind doing so, but at this price point it would be nice to have the option. Thanks

#324 10 years ago

The logo is only displayed for roughly 4 seconds every 2.5 minutes when the machine is in attract mode. Sorry, but that was how we put the attract video together.

#325 10 years ago

Ok, thanks Mike! Hopefully you might consider making it optional in the future. I think it would make the mod fit more seamlessly with the machine, and appear to be factory to those that wouldn't know otherwise.

#326 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Ok, thanks Mike! Hopefully you might consider making it optional in the future. I think it would make the mod fit more seamlessly with the machine, and appear to be factory to those that wouldn't know otherwise.

I second that...

#327 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I second that...

I third that. I'd prefer not to have my lagoon window be used as an advertisment for the mod makers.

Are the video files on an SD card in a common format so they can be replaced/edited?

#328 10 years ago

Fourth....also Mike I know you said we could tweak the video clips later ourselves but only thing IMO that was not perfect was the move your car video....I would have used a shot of the drive in for that instead of the movie promo.

#329 10 years ago

I wasn't trying to be over critical...for me its like having an ad for the color DMD mod maker coming up on the DMD from time to time. Put some stickers all over that TV and the control board...that way if someone wan't to know who did the mod its right there on the mod. just my opinion...but honestly, I think you would sell more of them without the ad vs. with the ad...

EXTREAMLY killer mod Mike, very well done ...I have been seriously considering this...

Long live the Creatch!

#330 10 years ago

I would prefer without, or maybe just once during startup. That said, not a deal breaker because I don't leave my games sitting in attract mode anyway. I just wish I could buy this NOW!

#331 10 years ago

are we on fifths yet? I will fifth it.

Love the mod, but will not buy unless the advert is removed.

#332 10 years ago

great mod with or without tiny little ad....C'mon get with it!

#333 10 years ago

WOW looks great Mike!
Very Very Nice Job...All what i need is a CFTBL...

#334 10 years ago

Sixth! Please remove the ad.

#335 10 years ago

If you want no ads in your LCD mod go and get this one,

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-lcd-mod-update-version-2

It's cheaper, it includes the LCD that mounts in the same place as the hologram went and not on the cabinet floor and I think overall it fits the theme better.

Features;
*Animated lagoon
*Animated Creature
*Attract Mode including sound.
*Video of a original NOS hologram if you don't want the animated creature.

I think what MikeD has done is great but his LCD mod is not for me just giving you guys other options if you don't want to see his ad.

Both have pro's and con's.

#336 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

it includes the LCD that mounts in the same place as the hologram went and not on the cabinet floor..

ummm.....the original hologam IS mounted to the cabinet floor.

#337 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

ummm.....the original hologam IS mounted to the cabinet floor.

The mirror is on the floor, not the hologram.

#338 10 years ago

Sorry, but no modifications will be made to any video files or program logic at this time.

In our eyes this is now a finished product. We have taken great care to clearly advertise exactly what we are selling via the product demo and installation videos posted on our website (as well as here on PinSide).

PLEASE DON’T PURCHASE THE MOD (OR REQUEST TO BE ON THE WAITING LIST) IF YOU DO NOT LIKE WHAT YOU SEE.

If we have contacted you regarding payment and you want to cancel your order please let me know ASAP (I’ll personally refund you in full). Bottom line, I don’t want anyone to be unhappy with their purchase. If you are already on the waiting list and have decided you don’t want the MOD, simply decline to purchase once we contact you requesting payment. No worries.

#340 10 years ago

Looks great!!

#341 10 years ago

This is great mod! Can't believe few nit pickers out there complaining about a few sec. shot with
his logo....Geeeessshh, gimme a break!!

#342 10 years ago

Agree! this MOD looks fantastic can't wait to get it in my Creech!

#343 10 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

This is great mod! Can't believe few nit pickers out there complaining about a few sec. shot with
his logo....Geeeessshh, gimme a break!!

It's not nitpicking, we're talking about a $450 mod, all I'm asking for is the option to remove it. The original hologram doesn't have a big logo on it, neither should the mod. If every mod had the creator's logo on it you could potentially have a pretty tacky looking machine.

#344 10 years ago

I don't like Stern having their name on the machine....we're talkin' bucks here...

#345 10 years ago

Obviously logos and branding make sense on stand-alone products, but this is supposed to be a complimentary product to improve and blend into an existing product.

#346 10 years ago

I agree with Keebler. I think it looks a bit out of place in an otherwise great looking mod.

I had one on order already and just sent email to Mike and he says a refund is no problem. So if you were on the waiting list, an extra one will be available.

#347 10 years ago

I think the mod's strong points easily outweight the few seconds the logo is on during attract mode, this doesn't phase me in the least.. IF someone was that much of a purist, why consider the mod at all?? just deal with the original hologram... easy peasy.... I can't wait to install mine and yes, my hologram is green, I just like the other options during gameplay that is offered and I am told a few more things might be added in the future.

#348 10 years ago

Quoted from MrBellMan:The mirror is on the floor, not the hologram.

oh yeah!

#349 10 years ago

Per your requests, we've decided to remove the "pinballmiked" logo from the attract video. This will however postpone shipping of all MODs for a few days as we will need to reformat numerous SD cards.

The new attract video will be exactly the same as the original (still 720P HD resolution), but the logo will not longer appear in between loops. If you've already received your MOD (or been notified that your unit is in transit) and would like to have the new attract video installed please shoot me an email and we'll make arrangements to resolve the matter.

We've also received several requests to replace all of the "Standard Mode" creature files (i.e. MB video and FILM letter award images) with the original hologram. If you would prefer this option please let us know when you are contacted for payment.

#350 10 years ago

Awesome....thanks for listening.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-hologram-mod/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.