Topic Stats

• 500 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinballMikeD
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 33 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

screen shot3.png
screen shot2.png
screen shot1.png
screen shot-373.png
IMG_5812.JPG
Screen Shot 2013-11-03 at 8.51.57 AM.png
IMG_20130803_123606_026.jpg
IMG_20130803_090033_333.jpg
DSCF8616_edited-1.jpg
beansmile3.jpg
IMG_5047.JPG
IMG_5040.JPG
IMG_5039.JPG
IMG_4999.JPG
IMG_4995.JPG
IMG_4994.JPG

There are 500 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 6 years ago

I'm in on the upgrade (please)

#452 6 years ago

I'm in too!

#453 6 years ago

Enough goofing around, I finally bought myself a CFTBL It just seemed silly not owning this machine. After all, I’ve been working on this MOD for over a year now, man how time flies...

Update:

Rusty and I installed the MOD in my machine last night as well as the latest software. We then spent a few hours playing the game, looking for any bugs. It’s funny what a simple spelling error will do Anyway, we got everything working. We still have some fine tuning to do, but all of the videos play as intended.

Software Changes:

Based on customer feedback - we do read all the posts in this thread – we decided to rewrite the entire program. Without getting into all the programming “mumbo-jumbo”, here’s a list of some of the improvements:

• Converted all static images to videos (so, now the screen saver and FILM letter award images are videos). FYI - the video software we created for V2.0 will allow you to take any static image and turn it into a video.

• Added 3 new video features – new screen saver, multiball intro, and one surprise video for you to find The MB intro video plays when you start MB; this video plays until you find the creature.

• Added video looping capability.

• We are now booting into the program without using “X”, so the boot up time is only around 30 seconds.

• We are now utilizing a USB. The code is still run off of an SD card, but the videos are saved on a USB.

• V2.0 ships with our custom Windows based video editing software. You just load the software on your PC from the USB drive and you’re ready to start making your own videos.

• Plus a few more surprises

I will say that the video editing software is pretty slick. You launch the program from your desktop, use a browser button to select your base video or picture, and then use various radio buttons or numeric entry fields to modify and create a finished movie for any video feature supported in the MOD (attract, screen saver, FILM letters, move your car, snack bar, left ramp, right ramp, MB intro, MB and more). The software gives you the ability to rotate, re-size, and position your video exactly where you want on the MOD’s TV screen. We also give you the option to choose between any of the graphical overlays we utilized for our own videos (black bezel, black bezel with “creature from the black lagoon” text, drive-in movie screen, your own custom overlay, or no overlay at all) - just click a radio button.

We even give you default window sizes based on the overlay you choose. So, let’s say you want to make a video and have it displayed on the drive-in movie screen. You’d just load your video, select the “Drive-in” radio button, select where you want to save the video, and click the “create” button - you’re done. Once the video is made you just move it to the right location on the USB drive (each video feature has a specific folder on the USB card). If you want to make a test video to see how your video looks before you make a full length video, just use the preview button to generate a 5 second test video. This is a great feature that allows you to get the sizing and positioning exactly the way you want.

Now the MOD can be whatever you want it to be. I’m hoping you guys come up with your own videos, customizing the MOD and making it your own. If enough people start making their own videos I’ll see what it takes to create a share site where we can all upload our videos for other CFTBL owns to try.

Anyway, I gotta get back to work. I’ll post more in the up coming weeks.

Mike

#454 6 years ago

any video of the new work Mike?

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

any video of the new work Mike?

Not yet, but it's coming.

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Enough goofing around, I finally bought myself a CFTBL It just seemed silly not owning this machine. After all, I’ve been working on this MOD for over a year now, man how time flies...
Update:
Rusty and I installed the MOD in my machine last night as well as the latest software. We then spent a few hours playing the game, looking for any bugs. It’s funny what a simple spelling error will do Anyway, we got everything working. We still have some fine tuning to do, but all of the videos play as intended.
Software Changes:
Based on customer feedback - we do read all the posts in this thread – we decided to rewrite the entire program. Without getting into all the programming “mumbo-jumbo”, here’s a list of some of the improvements:
• Converted all static images to videos (so, now the screen saver and FILM letter award images are videos). FYI - the video software we created for V2.0 will allow you to take any static image and turn it into a video.
• Added 3 new video features – new screen saver, multiball intro, and one surprise video for you to find The MB intro video plays when you start MB; this video plays until you find the creature.
• Added video looping capability.
• We are now booting into the program without using “X”, so the boot up time is only around 30 seconds.
• We are now utilizing a USB. The code is still run off of an SD card, but the videos are saved on a USB.
• V2.0 ships with our custom Windows based video editing software. You just load the software on your PC from the USB drive and you’re ready to start making your own videos.
• Plus a few more surprises
I will say that the video editing software is pretty slick. You launch the program from your desktop, use a browser button to select your base video or picture, and then use various radio buttons or numeric entry fields to modify and create a finished movie for any video feature supported in the MOD (attract, screen saver, FILM letters, move your car, snack bar, left ramp, right ramp, MB intro, MB and more). The software gives you the ability to rotate, re-size, and position your video exactly where you want on the MOD’s TV screen. We also give you the option to choose between any of the graphical overlays we utilized for our own videos (black bezel, black bezel with “Creature from the Black Lagoon” text, drive-in movie screen, your own custom overlay, or no overlay at all) - just click a radio button.
We even give you default window sizes based on the overlay you choose. So, let’s say you want to make a video and have it displayed on the drive-in movie screen. You’d just load your video, select the “Drive-in” radio button, select where you want to save the video, and click the “create” button - you’re done. Once the video is made you just move it to the right location on the USB drive (each video feature has a specific folder on the USB card). If you want to make a test video to see how your video looks before you make a full length video, just use the preview button to generate a 5 second test video. This is a great feature that allows you to get the sizing and positioning exactly the way you want.
Now the MOD can be whatever you want it to be. I’m hoping you guys come up with your own videos, customizing the MOD and making it your own. If enough people start making their own videos I’ll see what it takes to create a share site where we can all upload our videos for other CFTBL owns to try.
Anyway, I gotta get back to work. I’ll post more in the up coming weeks.
Mike

Wow Thats all sounds incredible. I think these changes might make this mod surpass the tron video arcade one for its sheer coolness. Thanks for knocking this one out of the park.

#457 6 years ago

Wait... WHAT?!? You're shitting us right? You didn't even own the Creech until NOW?!?

Wow.... just .... wow...

Jaz

#458 6 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Wait... WHAT?!? You're shitting us right? You didn't even own the Creech until NOW?!?
Wow.... just .... wow...
Jaz

Actually, I picked one up a few weeks back, just got it out of storage last weekend though. Crazy right?

#459 6 years ago

I bought the lamp upgrade kit from PDI... It kinda sucks. Still a crappy blue hologram... But with more light polution to the rest of try game.

Wish I saved that money to use toward this.

#460 6 years ago

Do those that got on the "wait list" during the first release have to re-confirm our interest in the mod? Or should we assume we're still on the list? Thanks!

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from Sea-Monkey:

Do those that got on the "wait list" during the first release have to re-confirm our interest in the mod? Or should we assume we're still on the list? Thanks!

I would like to know this as well.

#462 6 years ago

I should have you guys on the list, but it wouldn't hurt to shoot me another email at pinballmiked@gmail.com

#463 6 years ago

Per your post, just sent an email with my vitals.

#464 6 years ago

Rusty is hard at it....

IMG_5812.JPG
#465 6 years ago

Go Rusty! nice work on everything you have done so far

#466 6 years ago

I’ve received several inquiries regarding the new video editing software. Here’s a quick look at the beta version we used to create all of the video features used in the 2.0 version of the MOD:

screen shot-373.png

We are working on adding some additional features to the software utility to help make creating videos even easier. Currently the utility gives you the ability to: (1) select your input video, (2) define the output video, (3) select from a variety of overlays, (4) load your own custom overlay, (5) rotate, (6) resize height & width, and (7) define the X & Y coordinates for the video placement.

As previously stated, you can also select static images for the input video source and the software will automatically convert the images into 60 second videos. This is how we did the "FILM" letters in V2.0.

We’ll provide a written user guide (filed saved on the USB) that will walk you step-by-step through the video editing software.

#467 6 years ago

Here are some screen shots of sample videos made using the new software (all of the overlays used are provided with the software):

screen shot1.png
screen shot2.png
screen shot3.png

#468 6 years ago

Also, I forgot to mention that we will be shipping out the V2.0 upgrade package (SD card, USB card, new software, and video editing utility) to our existing customers prior to shipping any new MODs. I’ll shoot video of the MOD in action at SPF as well.

For existing MOD owners that are interested in upgrading, the price for the V2.0 package will be $45 plus shipping. Please PM me your email address and I’ll have Rusty contact you when everything is ready. We want to get the upgrades to all interested parties before the Christmas holiday (that’s the plan anyway).

#469 6 years ago

PM sent! awesome

#470 6 years ago

Pm sent

#471 6 years ago

PM sent!
Can't wait.

#473 6 years ago

PM sent. I would like to purchase this when available.

#474 6 years ago

This looks incredible and opens the doors to so many possibilities with the editing software.

Makes the creative juices FLOW!

#475 6 years ago

Wow this looks amazing. Is it still possible to order this mod?

Also would it be possible to install a 'classic' video of the original CFTBL hologram on to the USB card on the machine? I think this would be possible if only someone still had a green hologram to record?

Cheers.

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Wow this looks amazing. Is it still possible to order this mod?
Also would it be possible to install a 'classic' video of the original CFTBL hologram on to the USB card on the machine? I think this would be possible if only someone still had a green hologram to record?
Cheers.

This is what happens when threads end up being over 10 pages

Frequently asked Questions/Answers:

(1) How do I get one? - To get on the waiting list for our MOD please email me directly at Pinballmiked@gmail.com. Another batch of MODs should be ready in the next few weeks. However, unless some people back out all of the units in the next run are currently spoken for.

(2) What does the MOD include? How do I install it in the machine? - Go to my website: Pinballmiked.com and watch all 3 installation videos under the MODs tab; these should answer a ton of questions. There is also a demo video of the MOD in action, but this is only for V1.0.

(3) What does the MOD do? - The MOD has two modes of operation (1) Standard Mode and (2) Hologram Mode. These modes are setup by simply removing or re-installing a jumper pin on the MOD's interface board.

Standard Mode Features:

* Attract Video - plays when the game is in attract mode
* Screen Saver Video - plays when no other modes are active
* 4 FILM Letter Videos - these play for 1 second when the FILM letters are awarded
* Snack Bar Video - plays when mega menu is running
* Move Your Car Video - plays when move your car is running
* Left Ramp Video - plays when Ultimate Millions in running
* Right Ramp Video - plays when Big Millions is running
* Multiball Video - plays once the Creature is found
* Surprise Video (don't worry its family friendly)

Hologram Mode Features:

* Attract Video
* FILM Letter Video
* Multiball Video

Version 2.0 allows you to change any one of the videos listed above (for either Standard or Hologram Mode). You can make any of the videos featured in the MOD what ever you want. You just need to use our software to ensure that the videos have the right format and codec. The only limitation is the size of the USB drive.

(4) How much does the MOD cost? - After SPF I should have all my materials in stock to start building the MODs (we had to change vendors for several items in this production run), so I'll reevaluate the cost and post an updated price once we are ready to ship. Are costs did go up though, so the MOD will be more expensive than the first go around. However, I think the new software and features will certainly justify the additional cost. Hope this answered your questions.

#477 5 years ago

Mike I'm on "the list" and I CAN'T WAIT!! Sorry had to get that out of my system... nothing more to see here folks

#478 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Mike I'm on "the list" and I CAN'T WAIT!! Sorry had to get that out of my system... nothing more to see here folks

There might be a few more things to see.....

You'll just have to play the game and see what shows up on the monitor

#479 5 years ago

Email sent. Put me down for one please

1 week later
#480 5 years ago

The update sounds really cool. Ordered this MOD from the first run and installed it Saturday. Cool to have that hole with something in it now. Never liked the halo the way they did it...bought a repro and it turned red, glad this came out years later to make the game complete. Having the ability to customize and possibly share scenes with others is going to make this THE MOD to have on a game. Thanks for all your work, Mike, Rusty and whoever else is out there working on this.
Brad, Vacaville, CA

1 week later
#481 5 years ago

Any updates, Mike?

#482 5 years ago

Hey! I made to Pinside! Just signed up. The Mod still works and looks great! A friend of mine in LWR has ordered one for his restored Creech! Wants me to assist in the install. I'm looking foreward to the update! Keep us posted!

#483 5 years ago

There might be a few more things to see.....
You'll just have to play the game and see what shows up on the monitor

I requested the update a few weeks back haven't heard any thing.

#484 5 years ago

I just spoke with Mike and he's handling some private matters. Hang in there everyone.

#485 5 years ago

Patience is a virtue. Especially in this hobby.

1 week later
#486 5 years ago

Monitor is currently on sale for 89.99 at Best Buy for those interested:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-19-class-18-1-2-diag--led-720p-60hz-hdtv/5606251.p
I'm trying to decide whether to pick up a second one for a back up.

#487 5 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Monitor is currently on sale for 89.99 at Best Buy for those interested:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-19-class-18-1-2-diag--led-720p-60hz-hdtv/5606251.p

Bestbuy website says page not found.

#488 5 years ago

link works for me

#489 5 years ago

yep, works fine on my desktop. Link did not work from my iphone. Thanks for posting.

#490 5 years ago

Link works great. Thanks!

#491 5 years ago

Mike I am interested in this mod as well please

2 weeks later
#492 5 years ago

Have there been any updates?

#493 5 years ago

Eager to hear about the update!
Brad

#494 5 years ago

Version 2.0 software is complete. Rusty will be contacting everyone that currently owns the MOD in order to determine which folks want to move forward with the upgrade. However, Rusty is currently traveling for work, so it may take a few weeks before he starts emailing everyone.

Details:

The new software (Version 2.0) is a substantial improvement over the original version because now you have the ability to make your own videos. We’ve developed a custom designed Windows based video editing software package, which makes it easy for you to create your own custom movies for any video feature displayed on the MOD. Here’s a list of all the video features supported in Version 2.0:

(1) Attract – this video plays when the game is in attract mode

(2) Screen Saver – this video plays during game play when no other modes are active

(3) Car – this video plays when “Move Your Car” mode is active

(4) Snack – this video plays when “Mega Menu” mode is active

(5) Left Ramp – this video plays when “Ultimate Millions” mode is active

(6) Right Ramp – this video plays when “Big Millions” mode is active

(7) Creature – this video plays once the Creature is located during multiball

(8) Video – this video plays when “Video Mode” is active

Again, you can now easily create your own movies for any of the video features listed above. You simple load our software on your PC and within a few key strokes you’ll be making your own custom video clips (a complete “User’s Manual” is provided with the software – this can be found on the MOD’s USB thumb drive).

Version 2.0 now uses a USB thumb drive in conjunction with an SD card. The MOD’s game interface code is still stored on the SD card, but we’ve moved all of the videos clips to an 8GB USB thumb drive. What’s really cool is that now you can make as many movies as you want for any of the eight mode features listed above. Simply put your videos in the correct folders on the USB (again, the “Users Guide” will explain how to do all of this) and they will now be displayed during game play. To clarify, you are no longer limited to just one video per mode. For example, if you wanted to make 10 different “Move Your Car” videos you can. The MOD will just cycle though the videos based on the file names. So, the MOD’s only limitation is the size of the USB and your own creativity.

Likewise, you can put as many images on the USB for the “FILM” letter awards as well.

#495 5 years ago

Email sent to be added to the wait list.

#496 5 years ago

Patiently waiting for this to arrive!!

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

Patiently waiting for this to arrive!!

Good on you. I'm definitely IMpatiently waiting.

#498 5 years ago

Me too..my creature needs some love...

#499 5 years ago

great MOD looking forward to 2.0 upgrade!

#500 5 years ago

I'm retiring this thread. For more details on the PMD CFTBL Hologram MOD please go here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-cftbl-lcd-hologram-mod-version-20#post-1369166

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
There are 500 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside