DSCF8616_edited-1.jpg
beansmile3.jpg
IMG_5047.JPG
IMG_5040.JPG
IMG_5039.JPG
IMG_4999.JPG
IMG_4995.JPG
IMG_4994.JPG
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 11 years ago

This MOD is not longer being made.

#2 11 years ago

Is this in conjunction with this or something entirely different?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-very-cool-creature-holo-mod

#3 11 years ago

That is awesome! If I owned a Creature, I would be on your waiting list in a heartbeat.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Is this in conjunction with this or something entirely different?

Yeah first thing i was thinking

#5 11 years ago

Alright, you guys need to stop teasing me...take my money and send me one of these already!

No, I'm serious!

#6 11 years ago

Please put me on the list....

#7 11 years ago

Pretty cool. Any way to get it to flash on when completing a letter?

#8 11 years ago

The original hologram lights briefly when each of the letters are lit, I assume you could make this one do that as well. Pretty cool. How much?

#9 11 years ago

ad me to the list also.

#10 11 years ago

Very Cool!!!

Put me on your list.

#11 11 years ago

Very cool do not forget a smaller version for Monster Bash.

#12 11 years ago

PLEASE
ADD ME TO YOUR LIST

#13 11 years ago

assuming this is the same as that original thread, I like the original gif better

#14 11 years ago

For the 10th time, I'm ready to buy!!!

#15 11 years ago

I would like one please let me know when there ready

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

assuming this is the same as that original thread, I like the original gif better
» YouTube video

No this is not the same thing, not sure who is doing the other mod. I've been working on this (on and off) for several years now though. Technology finially caught up with what I wanted to do, so here we are. We are currently working with Rick at Planetary in order to receive Universals permission to use various creature videos(s) that will be triggered during game play.

At this point we are not triggering the creature videos using the hologram light, so we aren't planning on flashing the creature like the original game does. We have something different in mind that we feel will provide a more interactive experience. We are planning on showcaseing our work at SPF this year.

#17 11 years ago

love them both! great job!

#18 11 years ago

It needs the flash of the creature when a letter is gained.

Is it a grab from the old movie?

#19 11 years ago

Please add to the list. Great job!

#20 11 years ago

Interested for sure but not crazy on the same movement the whole time??

#21 11 years ago

You should at least make it an option for it to act like the original. Don't ignore those folks without holograms that can't get them. Lots of people need a replacement holo/solution and don't want a mod.

#22 11 years ago

Add me to your waiting list.

#23 11 years ago

Out-freaking-standing.

Kim

#24 11 years ago

Add me to the want list...

#25 11 years ago

i also need this

#26 11 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll see what I can do to integrate some of your suggestions into the finial design. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the kind words.

#27 11 years ago

Looks very nice!
Would be nice if there were a few different clips though.

#28 11 years ago

My holo is in pretty good shape, but depending on the price point I would like to have this as an alternative.

How about triggering it during attraction mode with a clip of the Let's All Go To The Lobby film they always showed at the drive-in?

Just a thought.

#29 11 years ago

Got this email yesterday! Is this legit?

Gday' Im Daniel from Austalia
Saw your posts and interest in the holo creature mod thread of my mod, im
just about to start selling these and i have one left that was made pre
production that has not gone out (the others are all installed and running)
This is the last before i start selling. If you would be interested in
buying one i can let you have this one, and for some feedback from you im
happy to take $50 of the selling price that is A$350, so it would be 300 to
you plus postage.

Let me know what you think
Appreciate your time
Daniel

#30 11 years ago

Got this today! Is this real, or a scam?

Gday mate

I no i havent given you much time but ive not heard from you and i have a
number of people asking (chose you at random as you seemed to be
interested), if your not just let me know, its no problem. If i havnt heard
from you in a a couple of days i'll assume your not and pass it on to one
of the other guys..

Thanks
Daniel

#31 11 years ago

hi Pinbell

not a scam mate, I gave up my position for testing due to some money issues and pretty sure Daniel has offered mine to you.

go for it, a mate of mine has one and is stoked.

but is linked with this version

#32 11 years ago

Not me, so can't say one way or the other. Looks like all sorts of creature hologram mod/reproduction options are starting to pop up though. As for me, I will continue to post YouTube videos documenting the progress of our hologram solution over the upcoming weeks (our = myself and the others involved in my project). Again, my intent is to have a finished product available by the end of this year. I will have my LCD system on display at The Southern Pinball Festival in Orlando this November. I don't want to rush something out just to make a quick buck. Don't get me wrong making money is nice, but I already have a real job (pinball is a hobby). This is about making the best product I can and I want to incorporate everyone's feedback (if applicable) into our design. Just like my pinball restorations, I take great pride in anything I put my name on and I want my LCD system to be the best option out there.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

Got this email yesterday! Is this legit?
Gday' Im Daniel from Austalia
Saw your posts and interest in the holo creature mod thread of my mod, im
just about to start selling these and i have one left that was made pre
production that has not gone out (the others are all installed and running)
This is the last before i start selling. If you would be interested in
buying one i can let you have this one, and for some feedback from you im
happy to take $50 of the selling price that is A$350, so it would be 300 to
you plus postage.
Let me know what you think
Appreciate your time
Daniel

It's real....Daniel was the first to offer preview of an upcoming solution. There's an active thread going on for it.

#34 11 years ago

If there is a list, please put me on it!!

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

It's real....Daniel was the first to offer preview of an upcoming solution. There's an active thread going on for it.

Cool. Best of luck to Daniel on his creature endeavor. Likewise, I wish Henrik the best as well for his repro hologram.

#36 11 years ago

what about the guy that made it first awhile ago. Heard planetary P didn't want to work with him to make a "legal" version of this mod.

#37 11 years ago

I can’t speak for anyone else regarding what they are doing. All I know is that I have taken the appropriate steps with the USPTO to protect my intellectual property (programming, PCB interface, etc.). I have spoken with Rick regarding the usage of the creature (both the game’s hologram as well as various CG enhanced clips from the original 1950’s movie) and we are working with Universal to ensure that everything is legit (this process takes time). I want to produce a plug and play system that already has what you (the customer) wants installed. Sure I could sell a system and force you to put the files on there, but I’d rather pay the royalties and use the “actual” creature from the black lagoon.

The system we are working on will utilize a large HD monitor that is fed 1080 video files via an HDMI cable from our system’s micro processing unit. We have the ability to interface with the pinball machine several different ways via a custom PCB and that provides the ability to play different media files (different strokes for different folks) at various times during the game. We feel this will utilize the creature's window to its fullest extent. I don’t want to give away too much at this point, but you will see everything before the product is made available for sale. I want to make sure people know exactly what they are getting before they purchase our system. I’ll post updates in the upcoming weeks for those interested.

#38 11 years ago

Here's a quick pic of some of the creature art, this is still in the development phase.

0001_creaturefeatures_pmd(1).png0001_creaturefeatures_pmd(1).png

#39 11 years ago

See here, looks like quite soon repo holos are available again in a non limited quantity!
And the good thing: They are like original.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=de&fromgroups#!topic/rec.games.pinball/TQVSsFfkYNA

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

See here, looks like quite soon repo holos are available again in a non limited quantity!And the good thing: They are like original.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=de&fromgroups#!topic/rec.games.pinball/TQVSsFfkYNA

Good luck with your hologram reproduction. I think there is a separate thread on Pinside for that already.

FYI, we aren’t planning on putting a limit on our production numbers either. Honestly, I don’t think there will be a huge demand for either product (maybe a couple hundred at best). If you are a purest, then buy the hologram. If you want something that looks a little more modernized then buy the LCD option. Keep in mind, you could always play a video file of the hologram on an LCD. Just sayin…..

#41 11 years ago

Hi Mike,
nevertheless your mod is looking fantasic, pls don't get me wrong. I share your points !

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Hi Mike,nevertheless your mod is looking fantasic, pls don't get me wrong. I share your points !

No worries.

2 weeks later
#43 11 years ago

okay,

I've been following, i think.

There is two blokes... MikeD, American, and you've made this holo mod LCD screen i've seen video's of. Looks like original clip from the film with a green wash over the blank n white. You're making further improvements and will be showing it off at a pinny convention on Orlando in November?

Yes?

And there is also an Aussie (like me) named Daniel, who has a similar sort of set up. Although Daniels shows a computer generated creature on a black background swiping at the player.

Both look amazing and I will most certainly buy one when i can see them both for sale.

but by the sounds of things, MikeD may have the upper hand at the moment.

SOMEBODY TAKE MY MONEY!!!

#44 11 years ago

and MikeD, I reckon you may sell more than a couple of hundred of these.
7,400 tables made in 1992.
I'd say most of these would still be around, and the people that own them know what they're worth and like me, prolly pretty keen to spend the money for something this cool.

#45 11 years ago

Quick update:

We are up-sizing the LCD monitor in order to eliminate any black boarders that might have been seen due to the original smaller LCD screen. We are also working on a screen saver mode that will be displayed during normal game play - not during multiball when the creature has been found. We want the screen saver to lend itself to the game's "campy look and feel" and help eliminate the black void that is present 99% of the time during game play. In addition, we are also looking at showing/flashing different creature images (on top of the screen saver) when the FILM letters are achieved to better emulate the original game.

We've tried to shoot videos of the original hologram in action, but the quality of the footage isn't what we wanted it be. Therefore, at this time we aren't going to pursue the option of replicating the original hologram on our LCD. However, the video files that will be loaded on the units when they ship can be replaced if you (the customer) chooses to do so.

#46 11 years ago

Very cool! I like that it has options to suit most everyone.

#47 11 years ago

What will the screen saver be?

A dark, rippling water effect maybe?

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

What will the screen saver be?
A dark, rippling water effect maybe?

We will see

#49 11 years ago

love the screen saver option, maybe a moonlit rippling water with a shadow passing by.

#50 11 years ago

swinks and shapeshifter are right. Something lagoon related would be ace! But don't make the screen saver too much fun, lets not forget that finding the creature is a reward that must be earned.

also, have you thought about contacting FarSight? they made the Pinball Arcade game and have simulated CFTBL. There simulation is complete with a CG hologram. Maybe they could help?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 27.95
€ 24.00
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-hologram-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.