cf2.jpg
cf1.jpg
IMG_1707.JPG
IMG_1706.JPG
mini.jpg
Capture.JPG
creechholo.jpg
creature_bl.gif
There are 446 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 11 years ago

Those are expensive too.

I get why pinball mods are expensive. There is a tiny market out there, so returns have to be large to justify any sort of substantial investment of time or money. I just look at many of the mods and when many are 1/4 the cost of a machine I have to decide whether or not I want to put that money towards a new machine or a bit of bling to something I already have.

Right now I'm getting pretty full up in my gaming area though, so I'm starting to look at mods a bit more favorably. The biggest reason this one feels expensive is that we haven't seen the final product yet. If it comes out beautiful and proves to be a long-lasting product, I'm sure the price will be easier to justify.

#402 11 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If it comes out beautiful and proves to be a long-lasting product, I'm sure the price will be easier to justify.

I agree.

#403 11 years ago

Creech is my new baby, so I am hoping this is complete soon while I am still in the honeymoon phase and willing to spend money on it!

#404 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

especially if that have a good long shelf life...

that is the key. Give me a 15 year money back guarantee and $300 does not sound as bad.

Without it, there is NO WAY I am taking a chance for $300 when mine is still alive.

#405 11 years ago

Is the average life about 10 years?

#406 11 years ago

If it lasts 10 years, that's not bad. Many of the originals didn't last as long.

#407 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is the average life about 10 years?

It could be less than 1 year. I have been told some originals went blue in just 1-2 years.

I have heard that some of the previous repros went red/black in a matter of months.

Sounds like any hologram is some degree of a gamble. IMHO the price point should account for that.

#408 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Do you really think that kind of mod is over expensive for $300

yes, over by $100 - $150

#409 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It could be less than 1 year. I have been told some originals went blue in just 1-2 years.

Sheesh! In that case, the guy with the Creature model and the light underneath the playfiels had the right idea...

#410 11 years ago

Has the seller stated what the warranty is on these?

#411 11 years ago

I don't believe, yet.

#412 11 years ago

What was it that caused the old ones to turn blue?

#413 11 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

The loss of a loved one.

#414 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Dreams:

Hi guys,

The reason why the before mentioned holos might have turned red is that the holo studio didn't push the light spectrum into the green spectrum which is possible. And of course they might not have used the right film.

No, but seriously, this might be the key.

#415 11 years ago

You pays your money and takes your chances...

#416 11 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

You pays your money and takes your chances...

but that mostly yields "zilch"

#417 11 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Heat is a leading theory (among a few others).

#418 11 years ago

My aunty has webbed toes, how gross is that?!?

#419 11 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Not all holos turned blue.
I have a nice sharp green one with just a tint of blue when viewed from certain angles.
I would bet that Rick is doing his due diligence and his repo's will not degrade anytime in the near future.

#420 11 years ago

I'm sure too...just wanna hear it from him...

#421 11 years ago

Hi guys,

here it comes - the first photo of the finished hologramm from my partner in Hamburg. The first two films will arrive on monday and I'll make a video of the final holo.

Some words: its really hard to make a nice photo of it. My partner said in real it's much sharper than the original hologram. I also talked again with him about the durability: he said that they get lots of inquirys from US companys concerning film material simply because the film material is hardly not available in the US cause it has been produced over here in Europe. He assumed that the repros from illinois pinball were made from the wrong film material. The proper material is quite rare in these times and they're one of the few companys that still have this kind of material on stock.

He said that in a normal environement this holo will last for centuries - they of course don't like too much direct sunlight and they don't like temperatures above 70C (which is aprox above 165F). So if you don't heat up your machine or put it in the desert you should have no problems with durability...

Back to you beginning of next week with a preorder list
Have a great weekend

Cheers

Henrik

real_holo_final.jpgreal_holo_final.jpg

#422 11 years ago

Looks good and bright.

#423 11 years ago

Wow...that looks nice. I'm looking forward to seeing it installed in a game.

#424 11 years ago

Geez, it's turning red already!

relax, JUST KIDDING bad photo, bet it looks great close-up. Nice job!

#425 11 years ago

He said that in a normal environement this holo will last for centuries

What!? Well, so much for worrying about THAT! Great news!!

#426 11 years ago

Can't wait to see them in person. Thanks Hinrik for the update and picture. If you have more Pics, please post them.

Thanks,
Victor...

#427 11 years ago

is there any truth to the rumour that the rotating cam that flexes the hologram is also a cause for the holograms degrading over time?

#428 11 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

is there any truth to the rumour that the rotating cam that flexes the hologram is also a cause for the holograms degrading over time?

Pure speculation but I'd think not. Some us have original holograms that have been flexed for 20 years and still look good. But combined with other factors perhaps it added to the problem?

#429 11 years ago

Hi guys,
here it comes - the first photo of the finished hologramm from my partner in Hamburg.

Looking great. I'd expect a still photo of a 3D hologram to look blurry. From the pics of the model, and the level of detail that has gone into this project I'm very excited to get one.

Thanks and regards,

Brian

#430 10 years ago

Video......

Please.

1 week later
#431 10 years ago

henrik:
it's been over a week now. any update?

#432 10 years ago

did we lose henrik? it's now been over 2 weeks without an update

#433 10 years ago

Can he take a picture of one in the sunlight. I took this one of an original bluish hologram with a cheapo standard digital camera holding it in my hand and it's very focused.

hologram_2.jpghologram_2.jpg

#434 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If it lasts 10 years, that's not bad. Many of the originals didn't last as long.

Why is that?

My holo looks great... obviously its 20 years old or so. Here is a pic

http://www.aaarpinball.com/CFTBL/DSC_7918.jpg

Maybe I'm just lucky.

#435 10 years ago

Is it me or is there more detail in the 20+ yr one? For example.. the mouth and eyes. Just thinking out loud.

#436 10 years ago

I would say the same.
There are much more details on the original one, but I do not know, if this is just a problem of how the images have been taken.
I'm already a little bit surprised that there are so much differences in the position and gesture of the Creature.
I think a final rating of the quality can only been made once we could see it in real.

#437 10 years ago

It's a hologram you goose!
You rotate the image and the creature moves his arm accordingly.

#438 10 years ago

I know it is a holo, but will it also change the shape of the hand?

#439 10 years ago

flugs raises a valid point

based on the initial photo that pinball-dreams has provided, it appears that the model's right arm was not in the correct position when the hologram master was created to give the appearance that the creature is "reaching out".

it is this portion of the hologram that is flexed with the cam from the 2nd motor assembly to make the hologram appear as if the creature is swiping with his (its?) right claw

edit:
maybe henrik has noticed this as well and that's the reason why we haven't gotten an update from him (fingers crossed)

#440 10 years ago

here's a quick video that I shot of my current hologram. like altan's photo, you can see excellent detail in my especially for the head (eyes and mouth)

#441 10 years ago

You know what's frustrating?
Mine looks exactly the same when its out of the table.
Looks as good as a brand new one! But when you shine the light on the angle the pin does, it looks as ugly as a bucket of smashed crabs!

Also does the new hologram have the slots cut in the back part that allows flex to simulate the hand opening and closing?

#442 10 years ago

Also does the new hologram have the slots cut in the back part that allows flex to simulate the hand opening and closing?

the hologram doesn't have any cuts or holes in it.

if you look carefully at how it's mounted, the hologram is adhered to a thin metal plate that is attached to 3 thicker metal panels behind it via pop rivets.

this sub-assembly slides into the frame that is mounted underneath the playfield and holds the motor assembly that operates the cam.

the rotation of the motor causes the cam to come into contact with that middle panel, which flexes the hologram where the creature's right hand is, causing it to appear to be reaching out or grasping for you.

the 2nd motor assembly in the bottom of the cabinet shifts the position of the mirror back and forth which makes the entire hologram appear to sway from side to side.

hologram_(back).jpghologram_(back).jpg hologram_(front).jpghologram_(front).jpg

1 week later
#443 10 years ago

well, it's now been almost 4 weeks without a single response from henrik. was it all just a hopeful dream? enquiring minds want to know

#444 10 years ago

Any update of this project?

#445 10 years ago

Lets git-er-done!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

€ 24.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 45.95
There are 446 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-holo-reproduction/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.