Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by LordSnurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

518A76CF-F38E-4BFE-8310-A408F487EE90 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 months ago

Hey pinside- I’m working on a mystery and would love any advice or shared experience.

I’ve recently acquired a CFTBL- it was shopped and in great shape- but after delivery has an odd glitch. The left return lane triggers an outlane (Focus!).

I’ve spent a good amount of time in the switch test menu and can’t find anything shorted or being double triggered. The left return shows left return and both outlanes trigger appropriately.

The seller thinks it’s a software glitch and is willing to send a new software chip. I can’t find any others who have experienced this - so thinking they may be right.

Any advice? Anything else to try before swapping chips?

I greatly appreciate the expertise!!

#2 3 months ago

Not software. Classic switch matrix error. Switch wired wrong, diode on backwards, or a short to switch wiring or switch lugs. And may not be on the switches in question. Go over all your switches.

LTG : )

#3 3 months ago

Thanks LTG. So far I’ve tested every switch in the menu and have verified in the matrix that each name registers correctly and nothing is doubled up. All lights are functioning normally (not sure how to test the direction of the diodes, but I’ll do more research), and other items like poppers and motors are working fine.

Do you have any suggestions on how to narrow down the problem area?

#4 3 months ago

If diode is backwards it will block the power flow

518A76CF-F38E-4BFE-8310-A408F487EE90 (resized).jpeg
#5 3 months ago
Quoted from LordSnurt:

Do you have any suggestions on how to narrow down the problem area?

Search Youtube for Pinball Switch Matrix. You might find some helpful videos.

LTG : )

#6 3 months ago

Fixed! There was a switch wire that was broken (white/red)- and a jumper that was tapped into another location. Issue was- the jumper tapped into the coin door switch, and although it was the same wire, it’s apparently on a different circuit (separated by a dotted line on the matrix). I tapped into the wire just before the board and- viola! Works perfectly.

Thanks for the advice - really appreciate it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside