(Topic ID: 121192)

Creature from the black lagoon restarting...

By beini

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by CraigC
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-160.jpg
image-21.jpg
image-614.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi,
I just got cftbl and after little play time it shuts off and boots back up. I did a switch test on my flippers and the one on the left doesn't hold up, in test mode but is ok during gameplay. Also there is loud humming from the dmd screen.
I did also notice there has been some random fixes in the backbox. Ill put pics later tonight.

#3 9 years ago

Thank you. Will go through the list :p

#4 9 years ago

It does only restarts when both flippers are pushed.
Also, i am having the strangest problem lifting the playfield, does anybody have a pic how it should lift up?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from beini:

It does only restarts when both flippers are pushed.

Go through reset check list.

Quoted from beini:

Also, i am having the strangest problem lifting the playfield, does anybody have a pic how it should lift up?

Lift up and pull forward. Lift higher if it won't pull forward.

LTG : )™

#6 9 years ago

Thanks again. will check that out. i can pull it forward but it isn't on the track to lift up

#7 9 years ago

5v may need rebuilt on the controller board

#8 9 years ago

I would think so. Here are pics.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-614.jpgimage-614.jpg image-21.jpgimage-21.jpg image-160.jpgimage-160.jpg
#9 9 years ago

i actually checked the purple box a little and checked the voltage, now i can play the machine but not sure if i am going to keep this like that.

Thank you for all your help and specially you LTG- quick responses

5 months later
#10 8 years ago

Hello,

I have a very similar problem but our CFTBL restarts when we push both flippers but ONLY during multiball and when we push them after we loose the ball. We had also the problem that we measured 110V on the ground so we replaced the box which you use for turning ON / OFF and the problem with 110V on the ground was solved but the problem with restart is still same. We also replaced power board and the problem is same. Could please someone help me what should we do?

Thank you very much!

#11 8 years ago

I have another informations:

The power board was replaced for another functional one before we replaced ON / OFF box so it restarts too but when we put this functional power board back to another pin it is restarting too. So at the first we had one restarting and one working board and after we replaced them we had two restarting boards. I have not put there another power board after we replaced ON / OFF box beacause we afraid the it will be damaged too. Should be the problem because of 110V on the ground? Do you think that we can try to put there another functional power board?

Thank you.

#12 8 years ago

Really nobody knows?

#13 8 years ago

Did you run through all the steps in http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets for both games?

Swapping one 25 year old board for another isn't a guaranteed fix, and it isn't 100% going to be a driver board only issue. A combination of things in the article could be contributing to the resets like worn IDC connectors, tarnished header pins, bad bridges/caps.

#14 8 years ago

Bridge rectifiers.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from PohodaVole:

Really nobody knows?

You should start your own thread on your machine.

#16 8 years ago

In the picture above, look at that toasty secondary cable. never start at the bridge rectifiers and shot gun it....start at that connector and then work your way across the board. if that connector looks bad replace the connector and pins...it's kinda important.

-c

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-restarting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.