Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Has anyone successfully replaced the incandescent Chase ramp lights with LEDs and got them actually work in Chase sequence. I know they will light but I thought I saw a post that stated they don't work as intended

#2 6 years ago

I converted my CFTBL to all LEDs and the chase ramp works fine. However, the chase function won't work if you add LED OCD.

#3 6 years ago

So a straight swap out of the #86 bulbs in the chase ramp.and bowl does work? Great to hear. Where did you Source your number 86 LED bulbs? Did you use clear or did you use green or a combination?

#4 6 years ago

Mined worked with dull led swap when I had my creature. I used cointaker

#5 6 years ago

Woody what is "dull" LED. This is great to hear as changing bulbs in that rap I hear is a PITA

#6 6 years ago

I have seen cointakers LEDs # 86 as well as comets which have a clear dome over them and I am wondering from the creature owners which would look better. In other words. does the glare of a non covered LED look worse than a covered LED. Not sure the orientation of the bulbs as the machine hasnt arrived yet.

1 week later
#7 6 years ago

I didnt get a response so I will repost- in replacing the chase ramp lights in CFTBL is it important to get the #86 bulbs which have the diffuser over them ( single LED) vs the exposed SMD type bulbs? Are there glare issues or the LED's too bright without the diffuser cap? Just looking to get things ordered and figured I would ask those who have already done this. Looks like Comet is out of the #86 green with diffusers over the led so may have to stay with clear or purple if thats the way to go. If anyone has used the exposed green LEds in the ramp let me know if glare is an issue

#8 6 years ago

Trying to know if your game would experience glare from exposed diode lighting would depend on the LEDs in the game, type of glass, Ambient lighting in the room, and as unique, your eyes.

The single Resin versions wont, and appear 1/2 as bright or more than an exposed SMD.
If the chase lights are an "accent" that blends with 1 SMD frosted, thats one "look".
If you use brighter bulbs in the GI, love things bright, play in the dark. colored GI, Pinstadium lighting, have younger eyes, can look directly into an LED/SMD
thats clear, you have a taste for brighter light.

So its hard for someone to give a definitive answer for your needs.

You can check with Comet and Cointakers Policies on returns, and order both....knowing if you are returning one batch, it could cost $3 for that decision,
and you could decide for yourself, with friends and family.

When I was selling them, Id have people order the domed, and return for the brighter flat exposed diodes, and Id have people do the opposite saying they were too bright for the rest of the game.

Both products exist because of different tastes.

(you might email comet on stock, as its possible they have an error online in stock qty)

#9 6 years ago

Thanks Art- i have sent an email as it does look like they are out of stock LED. I am from your area originally- my folks went to Rollins.

#10 6 years ago

Very cool! Hang with Rollins and UCF Alumni all the time! About 3 miles away.

My personal choice has been purple, I like the contrast, although green is more popular.
Maybe someone has some extra green laying around that can offer.

Otherwise, because of Chinese New Year,and our Holidays, Factory orders are messed up from Nov 1 to March 1st...ALWAYS.
So hopefully you have an ETA.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-ramp-chase-led-question?hl=bsbdmd83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.