(Topic ID: 65788)

Creature From the Black Lagoon on it's way! - LED suggestions?

By Acampero

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by GorillaBiscuits
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

NO (resized).jpg
CFTBL.png
image.jpg
970647_10152134593433677_58188412_n.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_00000131.jpg
IMG_00000132.jpg
IMG_00000149.jpg
IMG_20131003_232006_429.jpg
creech_08.jpg
creech_07.jpg
creech_04.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Guys,
I just got a CFTBL. It's headed to me now via NAVL.
Looking for suggestions on LED lighting for Creech.

I have TFTC, SST and Gorgar and have put LED in all of them. I stay away from GI in LED and keep that incandescent. Mostly put LED in the backbox (mixed with incandescent) and in the inserts.

Any thoughts, pics, suggestions as to how to approach the Creech?

#2 6 years ago

Here are a few pics of the machine coming.

It's in great shape. I can't wait.

creech_04.jpg creech_07.jpg creech_08.jpg

#3 6 years ago

This is one machine I'll never pop a led into. It looks classic with incandescents...

#4 6 years ago

I put coin takers purple leds in the ramp and green in the whirlpool. Looks great.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

coin takers purple leds in the ramp and green in the whirlpool.

Agree these LEDs look fantastic in the ramps

#6 6 years ago

Pink in the KISS inserts. Green/purple in the ramp. Cool white behind the moon and moon reflections in the backbox.

And don't forget LEDs in the pop bumpers which will require an install. Also recommend some star post LEDs on the slingshot star posts.

#7 6 years ago

Put in LED and scrap that old out of date lighting. Purple & Green LED's look cool in the ramps...

#8 6 years ago

Just got mine last week. I just put blue less in the lower left backox behind the blue water. Looks great. I'm gonna mix some led in but leave most or go frosted so it doesn't over power the art work! Too pretty of a pin

#9 6 years ago

I put purple/green leds in my ramps too, lighted the pops with some ufos, changed lower end around "lagoon" to teal(with teal lighted star posts around slings), and one color changer under plastics above the slings(the ones with the movie screens). Also changed out all orange posts etc to teal. Re-did my rubbers with black in the upper and transparent in the lower playfield, this thing is super bright!

#10 6 years ago

These are some great suggestions. Anyone care to share some pics?

#11 6 years ago

I'm waiting on my "starburst" teal pop cover before I can carry on reassembly, will put up a pic when done for sure, although I did install the colordmd tonight .

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I'm waiting on my "starburst" teal pop cover before I can carry on reassembly, will put up a pic when done for sure, although I did install the colordmd tonight .

How difficult was the color dmd? I wanna pull the trigger!

#13 6 years ago

Also, put a bayonet base (89 style) green LED flasher (the flat face variety) in the hologram lamp socket. It really adds some punch to the hologram.

#14 6 years ago

So far the general consensus is LEDs of some sort or another.

Any other strictly incandescent folks out there like Billy16?

Also, what do you guys think about kits from Coin Taker? Are there any other LED manufacturers that make kits?

#15 6 years ago

ramps!

IMG_20131003_232006_429.jpg

#16 6 years ago

Ramps look nice. What LEDs did you use?

I want that Holo mod. I'm on the list. How easy was it to install?

#17 6 years ago

ramp led s are from BCSPinball
the holo mod is awesome and a pretty straight forward install. Looks great, as does colordmd. Love my creech! Have fun

#18 6 years ago

Green in the ramp, purple in the bowl, pink highlights on the ramps

IMG_00000149.jpg

#19 6 years ago

More

IMG_00000132.jpg IMG_00000131.jpg

#20 6 years ago

Picking mine in the weekend
Not as good condition as yours but just needs some tlc

image.jpg image.jpg

#21 6 years ago

Looks nice Pinballgeek. Congrats to you. Let's mod these babies!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Looks nice Pinballgeek. Congrats to you. Let's mod these babies!

I'd recommend
Colour dmd
Hologram lcd

#23 6 years ago

Creech will be here tomorrow!!!!

#24 6 years ago

I'll also recommend a colorDMD, LCD Hologram mod, and LED speaker panel. You can also get a really cool grave walker and make a topper out of it.

970647_10152134593433677_58188412_n.jpg

#25 6 years ago

Really would
Iike cab decals but non in the uk supplies them plus here in the uk there's a tax from buying stuff from the USA
£30-£___ on top of shipping and item

#26 6 years ago

Got it in the house and setup. It's truly beautiful. Immediately thinking about getting the Coin Taker LED's for the inserts and the backbox and leaving the rest as incandescents.

http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=497&categoryId=85

and

http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=671&categoryId=85

Looks like it would set me back around $110.

Do I need non-ghosting for this pin or will the standard kits work? I don't see kits in non ghosting on that site.

Otherwise I can order them piece-meal, would any of you creech fanatics have a list for what colors/types to get or should I go the lazy way and do the kit?

#27 6 years ago

Creature is home
In the car just gonna unload it
Now , where do I put it

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Got it in the house and setup. It's truly beautiful. Immediately thinking about getting the Coin Taker LED's for the inserts and the backbox and leaving the rest as incandescents.
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=497&categoryId=85
and
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=671&categoryId=85
Looks like it would set me back around $110.
Do I need non-ghosting for this pin or will the standard kits work? I don't see kits in non ghosting on that site.
Otherwise I can order them piece-meal, would any of you creech fanatics have a list for what colors/types to get or should I go the lazy way and do the kit?

Thanks
May just do that
But not from coin taker and get them from the uk

#29 6 years ago

Highly recommend the colorDMD on this game, took me about 30 min to install. I'm amazed at how much more I notice what's going on on the DMD now.

#30 6 years ago

Here's the garage with the new addition

image.jpg
#31 6 years ago

Save money on ramp leds and just dip them in translucent green modeling paint. Did that to mine and they look great and still have that old look. Cost for all was 1.98 + tax. Lets not forget uncle sam. I used leds in the inserts but in the ramps you can see the bulbs so I wanted to stay with the incandescent look.

3 weeks later
#32 6 years ago

Got cointakers for the inserts and back box. Contemplating the flashers but I definately like the GI old school.

The LED's really make a huge difference. The game looked so dim without them. Now it pops.

#33 6 years ago

Green leds in the backbox behind the creature

CFTBL.png
1 week later
#34 6 years ago

My vote: none, creature is a game that just stands out using standard bulbs
I've added red lamp covers by the kiss inserts. Looks way better this way (as on the prototypes)

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

My vote: none, creature is a game that just stands out using standard bulbs
I've added red lamp covers by the kiss inserts. Looks way better this way (as on the prototypes)

I thought the same David, but the inserts just didn't pop so I switched over to cointakers. I'm leaving the GI standard and doing the back box, inserts and flashers and I think it's a great compromise. Still has an old school feel but pops in all the right places.

1 week later
#36 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Also, put a bayonet base (89 style) green LED flasher (the flat face variety) in the hologram lamp socket. It really adds some punch to the hologram.

Saw this the other day when I was placing a order so i added one just to see. WOW it really grabs ur attention when the creature is lit now! Its funny how the little things make a big difference.

4 years later
#37 1 year ago

I want to make my cftbl backbox original colors. Does anyone have the original position of the green and blue bulbs? Thanks

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from moonwk:

I want to make my cftbl backbox original colors. Does anyone have the original position of the green and blue bulbs? Thanks

Well if you mean like factory original they should all be white... I used Comet frosted sunlight and it looks pretty factory to me.

#39 1 year ago

Ok. Thank you

#40 1 year ago

The translite looks great with well-placed LEDs. Getting the color and intensity just right might take some trial-and-error. If you’re putting LEDs in the playfield, Herg’s boards are nice (for eliminating the side effects of LEDs in WPC games).

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Well if you mean like factory original they should all be white... I used Comet frosted sunlight and it looks pretty factory to me.

+1 If I can do my part to save just one game from colored GI and backbox, I have done my job.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

+1 If I can do my part to save just one game from colored GI and backbox, I have done my job.

You're doing God's work.

Here's my part just to drive the message home: Single color bulb translite vs. blue and green LED. Any questions? Enjoy your Creech!

NO (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside