Creature From the Black Lagoon

Started 1 year ago by Lovemesomegaming in forum Playing > Playing tips.

Forum » Playing » Playing tips » Topic

Creature From the Black Lagoon

Nobody calls this topic a favorite. Click the star to add it to your favorites.

By Lovemesomegaming

1 year ago

Stats

• Started 1 year ago
  • 25 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinster68

Posting activity (per hour)

13:00
Dec 10th
8 posts
14:00
Dec 10th
No posts
15:00
Dec 10th
No posts
16:00
Dec 10th
1 post
17:00
Dec 10th
1 post
18:00
Dec 10th
1 post
19:00
Dec 10th
No posts
20:00
Dec 10th
No posts
21:00
Dec 10th
1 post
22:00
Dec 10th
No posts
23:00
Dec 10th
No posts
00:00
Dec 11th
No posts
01:00
Dec 11th
4 posts
02:00
Dec 11th
No posts
03:00
Dec 11th
6 posts
04:00
Dec 11th
1 post
05:00
Dec 11th
No posts
06:00
Dec 11th
2 posts

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

Find in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

1 year ago

Hey guys....Newbie so pardon the naivety

Am getting CFTBL delivered Friday - what kind of set-up (game wise) do I want to do on this when first bought? I know there is a video mode I keep reading about? 5 ball set-up instead of 3?

Other set-up tips early on for this pin?

THX!!!

1 year ago

sorry no help with your setup, been years since I've played a CFTBL really need to own one some day, best of luck flipping Friday

1 year ago

I like 3 ball myself, creech is a blast to play. A couple must haves
the car http://pinballpro.net/?s=Creature&post_type=product

And a color dmd
http://Www.colordmd.com

1 year ago

My second game and will be the last leave. Welcome to insanity...

I'd set it up for whatever you're used to playing and adjust from there. I have a lot of pinball novices that play at my place so I set it up for 5 ball. This game is hard as is. When it get's delivered, go through the back box making sure the connectors are ok. Is it coming from a person who will set it up and/or familiar?

Go into all the test modes making sure everything works, and set it up for angle and level.

Video mode I believe comes up when you go up the right ramp 2 or 4 times, than lights video mode for either side which if I recall the sling hits will bounce it between left KISS drop or right slide VUK. Then PF lights go out and you have to knock out the peeping tom. Make sure to set the setting for non family mode so you can do the violence modes. If you're not familiar, I won't give them away here.

1 year ago

FWIW, I put on some superbands after how happy I was when I put them on my NGG. If you need new flipper rubber, it may be worth trying to see if you like them. There's varying opinions on them but they should last longer if nothing else.

DSCN1907.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0766.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
L33T Up 007.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

1 year ago

I would stick with a three ball configuration. Like ovdfireman said, Creech is a blast to play but it does have a limited rule set which is not very deep. The game is still a challenge at three ball but I think some of that would be robbed from the game with a five ball setup. The extra ball is fairly easy to get anyway. The KISS skill shot is also easy to learn. It is just a timing thing. I usually try to avoid the shot just to give the game a bit more of a challenge. I am not sure if it can be varied off in the settings. Get a cliffy for the snack bar if your game does not already have one. The color DMD is a must.

1 year ago

any chance of a close up pic of the TL

1 year ago

Man...you people are just making me wish I had a Creature again....

1 year ago
dmacy said:

My second game and will be the last leave.

Thats my line

Congratulations! Thinking about bringing CREECH home still brings warm fuzzy feelings.

1 year ago

3 ball all day good sir. Enjoy the Gillman, it's my grail pin

1 year ago
alveolus said:

Thats my line
Congratulations! Thinking about bringing CREECH home still brings warm fuzzy feelings.

DItto on the warm fuzzies!

1 year ago

5 ball

1 year ago

Great feed-back guys...Thank you very much!

Yes, its getting the once over at the shop this week before delivery. Shop techs are delivering so I should be in good hands (knocking wood).

Its cold here in the Midwest, so the pin is going to have to sit for a couple hours once it's delivered and before I power it up.

Sounds like I should leave it at 3 ball and have them make sure its non-family mode at delivery too? Maybe these are changes I can make at home? Hopefully not hard to do?

Am glad I found this forum - am sure I'll have dumb noobie questions again, appreciate your patience.

1 year ago
jazzmaster said:

I would stick with a three ball configuration. Like ovdfireman said, Creech is a blast to play but it does have a limited rule set which is not very deep. The game is still a challenge at three ball but I think some of that would be robbed from the game with a five ball setup. The extra ball is fairly easy to get anyway. The KISS skill shot is also easy to learn. It is just a timing thing. I usually try to avoid the shot just to give the game a bit more of a challenge. I am not sure if it can be varied off in the settings. Get a cliffy for the snack bar if your game does not already have one. The color DMD is a must.

What the heck is a cliffy for the snack bar?!

The color DMD looks awesome - going to have to consider that after the xmas bills are paid....Am after a topper first believe it or not.

1 year ago

Make sure to turn the attract mode on in settings...

SHOCKING!

1 year ago

great game, and if there are leds in the game but if they are not ghost leds you probably will get ghosting from the leds - after glow once switched on and then off. You can get a ghost rom for this game and it takes care of ghosting without having to buy the dearer leds.

I have some black mirror blades when I do a major cleanup on mine.

1 year ago
Keebler said:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/CFTBL_Protectors.htm

Got it - thx!

I'll consider this once I get a look at the pin again later this week...

Doesnt look too hard to do myself?

lordloss

Pinball master
1y
1 year ago

I'd stick with normal rubbers for the flippers until you really get to know the machine, then you can try out others.

1 year ago
Lovemesomegaming said:

Maybe these are changes I can make at home? Hopefully not hard to do?

Haha, yes, don't worry, they're both in the settings.
If the shop techs give you a manual, take a look through that. Otherwise, there's one here:
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/588/Bally_1992_Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon_Full_Operations_Manual.pdf

Creature from the Black Lagoon is a really cool game. I'd love to have a nice one someday (ahem, dmacy).
Congratulations on your purchase. You'll learn quick.

1 year ago

Great game! get the tail light mod and Mike D LCD screen upgrade! CFTBL is a fantastic pin and one of my favs from my collection.

1 year ago
Lovemesomegaming said:

Got it - thx!
I'll consider this once I get a look at the pin again later this week...
Doesnt look too hard to do myself?

Yeah, the cliffy should be pretty easy to put on.

donjagra

Pinball master
5y
1 year ago

The only mod that is totally necessary.

» YouTube video

1 year ago
spfxted said:

5 ball

3-Ball!

Duck season....

1 year ago
Lovemesomegaming said:

What the heck is a cliffy for the snack bar?!
The color DMD looks awesome - going to have to consider that after the xmas bills are paid....Am after a topper first believe it or not.

It turns this old thing:
image-256.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Into this:
image-750.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-673.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.