Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-4 (resized).JPG
Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-1 (resized).JPG
Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-3 (resized).JPG
Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_0525 (resized).JPG
IMG_0528 (resized).JPG
CFTBL Snack Bar Mod Signage Upgrade for v1 & v2 mods - rev1.pdf (PDF preview)
coming-soon-movie-theaters-8881849-380-304.jpg
whomobile_4.png
surprise.jpg
drive_in_speaker_keyring_back.png
drive_in_speaker_keyring.png
ruwwyx.jpg
snackbar2.jpg
snackbar1.jpg
creech.jpg
There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 9 years ago

I've been on the "list". Please make sure I didn't fall off.

Thanks Kerry

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I've been on the "list". Please make sure I didn't fall off.
Thanks Kerry

Your on, not falling unless people tell me, cheers

#253 9 years ago

here is a quick video showing the mod from different angles, with non standard el wire (pink) and taken in the middle of the day - sorry about the quality just a bit of fun.

#254 9 years ago

How Do I get on the list? Sent you a PM.
Finally picked up a Creature and want to toss this onto the PF.
Nice work~!

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from Rustyck:

How Do I get on the list? Sent you a PM.
Finally picked up a Creature and want to toss this onto the PF.
Nice work~!

post on here if you are interested or PM (which is better) and then I update the list

#256 9 years ago

Hey Swinks great mod but you need to get some new ramps on that creech.

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Hey Swinks great mod but you need to get some new ramps on that creech.

yes getting a new cabinet with new decals, have a new playfield and new ramps - cftbl is my keeper machine. sorry you had to look past my old ramps lol....

#258 9 years ago

Please add me to the list.

#259 9 years ago

my first tester reported tonight that he got the mod and it was easy to install with no adjusting - just fitted into place - he is very happy.

screen-capture-3.pngscreen-capture-3.png

#260 9 years ago

second tester has reported back and all good so far, just need to wait for the 2 guys in the US and I will start the production, thanks for everyones patience - just want it to be 100% for you all.

screen-capture-5.pngscreen-capture-5.png

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

how much is it ?

I believe it is $175.00 Australian Dollars about $153.00 US plus shipping. Very reasonable for the effort put into this IMO.

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

how much is it ?

$175 Aus dollars + registered postage

#264 9 years ago

Swinks... how much is it in US $$$ shipped to California?

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Swinks... how much is it in US $$$ shipped to California?

refer to first post for costs but is registered, so sign on delivery (with tracking via USPS once in your country)

#266 9 years ago

I received mine yesterday. it looks very nice. well built and extremely easy to install.

I'm still hoping that someone at expo will have a creech at the show that I will let me install this in so that people can see just how nice this mod is.

btw, change out for a different color of EL wire is extremely simple and takes only a few minutes.

great job jady!!

#267 9 years ago

I am ready

#268 9 years ago

Please add me to the list. This is definitely a must have mod.

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I received mine yesterday. it looks very nice. well built and extremely easy to install.
I'm still hoping that someone at expo will have a creech at the show that I will let me install this in so that people can see just how nice this mod is.
btw, change out for a different color of EL wire is extremely simple and takes only a few minutes.
great job jady!!

thanks heaps, waiting on one more feedback and then hitting the production GO button.

Quoted from krunch:

Please add me to the list. This is definitely a must have mod.

cheers, your on, thanks for the support.

Jady

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

The mod is finished and 5 test units going out. Here is the completed design - head to page 5 post 228 for the release details.

This is one of the coolest mods around.

#271 9 years ago

Add me to the list please. The Creature is worth it...

#272 9 years ago

I ordered the first batch of snackbar tops from Europe last night which will arrive to me in 3 weeks time. From there they need to be painted and then start sending the kits out to those on the list.

I did make a slight change or 2 on the underside of the tops to have a no cable tie locking / tension mechanism for the el wire, meaning no cable ties and no slack other than that they will look exactly the same visually in the game.

Here is a photo of one of the test units at a stall at the Chicago Pinball Expo with Rob Anthony from specialwhenlit.com thanks to a pin mate j.m. for organising it. A big thanks to Rob for helping out as well with some promotion.

IMG_5067.JPGIMG_5067.JPG

#273 9 years ago

I saw the demo. Unfortunately, when it was there Thursday night, it wasn't powered up. The guys at the booth knew absolutely nothing about it ("Have you tried any other EL wire color? I don't know what your talking about. This isn't our product.")

I looked took a lot of time looking the mod over. Fit and finish are excellent and the color is perfect. I wish I saw it plugged in, but it looked so good unplugged, I would have bought it then and there.

If you have a Creech, this is the best play field mod I have seen by far and I would put it up with any of mod on any game. Really, really nice job! Now, when can I buy mine???

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I saw the demo. Unfortunately, when it was there Thursday night, it wasn't powered up. The guys at the booth knew absolutely nothing about it ("Have you tried any other EL wire color? I don't know what your talking about. This isn't our product.")
I looked took a lot of time looking the mod over. Fit and finish are excellent and the color is perfect. I wish I saw it plugged in, but it looked so good unplugged, I would have bought it then and there.
If you have a Creech, this is the best play field mod I have seen by far and I would put it up with any of mod on any game. Really, really nice job! Now, when can I buy mine???

Thanks for the kind words. J.M. took one to the show and had put the call out to install in some ones CFTBL but no one contacted him so he approached Rob and he kindly offered to display hence his lack of knowledge about the mod.

I think on page 5 there are 3 photos of different elwire colours and with the production model in motion it has a few minor enhancements to tension the elwire a little better for a nice clean look.

In summary the feedback from all the testers was that they really loved the mod and had no trouble installing so production has started with 25 units in the first run. I also found a professional airbrush artist that I will get to paint the tops which will speed up the process of getting to you guys quicker.

I appreciate your support and patience as quality is my number one priority as I want everyone to really appreciate the mod. I hope to be sending out the 1st batch in around the 3rd week of November and will be in contact with those in batch one around the end of October.

Cheers

Jady

#275 9 years ago

I've seen this mod At the Expo, in Robs booth on Thursday night it was working fine. The quality of the build is outstanding. Jady did a fine job. I look forward to having one in my machine.

2 weeks later
#276 9 years ago

Progress Update

All parts are made except a small supply issue with the el wire as my supplier got hit hard with Halloween but assures me I should have all the 1m lengths of el wire by 3 weeks time, but he has sent all the inverters so I can pre-wire the kits ready for sending.

The tops are made and on their way from Europe as I write, then off to a professional air brush artist for painting (to speed up the process).

I am still on target for the 3rd week of November departure to the first 25 people.

In 2 weeks time I will order the next batch of tops to get the ball rolling for the next batch to get a flow going in which I am hoping to send these out around the end of December / New Years time.

I am taking a few days off later this week to take my recovering daughter for a zoo stay as she was seriously ill a few months ago so I will go quiet for a few days with assembly but rest assured production has started and thanks for your patience and support.

#277 9 years ago

Have fun at the zoo! Quality time with your daughter!

#278 9 years ago

Is there room to be put on a future list for this? Will there be a second run?

I am not a CFTBL owner. I am hoping to locate/purchase one in the March/April 2015 time frame and would really like this to be one of the mods I put onto my machines.

#279 9 years ago

Some one mentioned that the snack bar mod is ..."Best mod ever for CFTBL....."

well, I agree its cool, a little pricey but I am sure worth it and the time that went into it and I am sure I will want one soon! HA

BUT HANDS DOWN . BEST MOD EVER is MIKED's Hologram Mod. PERIOD. Not cheap, but if Creech is a keeper - this 19" LCD TV hologram mod is a must have.

Mike D's work is TOP NOTCH. I had a little trouble getting it all going (install was easy but I personally had one glitch) and I phone called and emailed with Mike and he took honest concern to get it all going right.

WOW... Now the "black hole" in the playfield has some life constantly.. and the angle is awesome, not distracting but very complimentary!!

SO I SUBMIT TO YOU ALL that the CREETCH HOLOGRAM MIKE D MOD is the best mod for the game.

my 2 cents - I had to chime in!

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Is there room to be put on a future list for this? Will there be a second run?
I am not a CFTBL owner. I am hoping to locate/purchase one in the March/April 2015 time frame and would really like this to be one of the mods I put onto my machines.

I will put you on the list as at this stage I will just do batches of 25 until the interest dries up or I get bored ..lol

#281 9 years ago

Hello - please put me on the list for purchase.

Thanks!

#282 9 years ago

Great news is all the tops come in this afternoon before I leave for a few days with the family ...... and I am happy with the few minor unseen changes that were made to the 1st production run. My apologies to the testers that yours does not have the minor changes - el wire tensioning system.

Basically once the elwire is installed in the testers, it was locked in with a cable tie to hold tension but me being particular was not 100% happy with it. I modified the design to incorporate a small cylinder on the underside to clip the el wire in between the cylinder and the wall and then feed it around to a pass through section to a small cross cylinder to physically hold the elwire in tension and then back again to the larger centre cylinder. It is a positive lock on the el wire and keeps it sitting in the outer groove slightly better. So now glue is not a requirement and people can swap in a different colour into the top in about 5 minutes.

P1070799.jpgP1070799.jpgP1070798.jpgP1070798.jpg

I will update the manual with a how to in the next week.

I will be dropping off the tops for painting on the weekend and also be sending out pm's to the first batch of people on the weekend to see if they still want a mod, addresses etc as this 1st batch should be ready in send out in the 3rd week of November with everyone in that batch receiving around the end of the month.

#283 9 years ago

awesome improvement. so how do I get my upgrade?

#284 9 years ago

The detail in this mod is just awesome. I personally appreciate all the revision and tweaks you are putting into this.

#285 9 years ago

Hi All

I have sent out all info packs to the people in the first batch, so we will see who is still in and who drops out to then offer positions to the next batch guys.

Jady

3 weeks later
#286 9 years ago

21 units are getting packed and ready to go out in the next day.

For a few reasons I have decided to do runs of 15 and basically get them to the point of boxing and then I will notify the next people on the list to see if they are still in. I will give them a week and if I don't hear from them in that week I will offer to the next people on the list.

I will also be pausing production after 105 units, as working on another hopefully cool CFTBL mod for a short period.

#287 9 years ago

my little test rig works beautifully allowing me to test up to 3 units at a time (though mine is setup for 2 x 12vdc and 1 x 5vdc) instead of wearing out the plug in my back box. The box is available at my shapeways store.

P1080119.jpgP1080119.jpg

P1080121.jpgP1080121.jpg

P1080122.jpgP1080122.jpg

#288 9 years ago

Thanks Swinks, just replied via PM super excited for my Christmas present to myself!

#289 9 years ago

I think I am on the list. If you need someone to buy one of them I am still interested.

#290 9 years ago

people should start to be getting them between today and the end of next week, thanks for the support everyone, very much appreciated.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

Thanks Swinks, just replied via PM super excited for my Christmas present to myself!

no worries, hopefully I can get it to you before Christmas - will try my best

Quoted from wiggy07:

I think I am on the list. If you need someone to buy one of them I am still interested.

your definitely on the list and in line, thanks for the support.

#291 9 years ago

Oh no big deal if it's not here then, that's just my self justification for dropping more money into my creech.

#292 9 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Come over and help me install mine. It just shipped and you can see it in person

#293 9 years ago

Shlockdoc, tell me when you get yours. would like to see it.

#294 9 years ago

** just changing my approach on the list to make it fair to everyone who along the way are keen to jump on the list**

- for those on the list when I send out a notice that you are on the the next batch being made I will give you 5-7 days (date will be stated) on a PM for you to respond to.
- I ask that you respond with a YES (via the email I will give you) or NO so then the next people have an opportunity to get their's sooner.
- The day after the deadline date I will check for responses but I will also check Pinside activity to ensure those messaged have been to Pinside and seen the message. From there I will adjust the list and remove any people that said NO or never responded but had been to Pinside. If you said said NO or Never responded you will be removed off the list ""totally"".
- I was considering putting people at the end of the batch but this isn't fair for those that start to see installations and want to put their name on the list.

**If you want to be on the list please PM only, as I will not be taking names via thread posts as finding some of the ones that posted on the thread are people that are not replying**

I hope everyone understands.

Look forward to seeing these installed in people's machines.

*Everyone up to now who has expressed interest in getting a mod via thread post and PM still maintains their current position - just applying the adjusted approach from today onwards.*

I will run this mod up to 105 units max and then go on to another mod for a period of time and then will return back to this mod if there is enough demand at a later date.

#295 9 years ago

I have not got my notice yet, but YES YES YES.

#296 9 years ago

One of the first units "tested" was on my CFTBL, which has too many mods on it and kept blowing the 3amp fuse for the 12V circuit. I had a 12-volt source run from the incoming 110V and moved a couple of the mods over to run off of it and no problems since. The revised design looks like it will allow people to change EL-wire colors easier (which I have no intention of doing). Swinks snackbar mod is very cool!

Creature with mods.jpgCreature with mods.jpg
#297 9 years ago

I am having the same issues with the 12v overload on my CFTBL...could you share some details/photos on how you had the additional 12v source run? I am not even able to run the MikeD mod and Color DMD without overloading my 12v and blowing a fuse.

Thanks, Rob

#298 9 years ago

Also forgot to mention that I am also on the list for this mod, so I need to figure out a solution to my 12v issue before I can install this great snackbar mod. I had my driver board gone through as well, so not sure what else can be done other than running a separate 12v power source for the mods.

Thanks, Rob

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from netminda:

I am having the same issues with the 12v overload on my CFTBL. Could you share some details on how you had the additional 12v source run?

I paid a very good service guy (and it wasn't cheap) to install a power source with various contacts (including for 12-volt/4-amps) that he wired off of the incoming 120V in the front right hand side of the lower cabinet. The mods taken off the machine were wired to the 12V and ground screw terminals on the module. I read here on Pinside that MikeD is working on a similar kit to sell for people to add a 12-volt power supply to their own games.

#300 9 years ago

I have a small run of leads coming in the next few days which will plug into the exposed side of the z connector on the mod lead so people can gain power from a Pig 2 setup via a 3 pin molex plug if they require or want an alternative powered option. This avoids mucking around in the backbox. This will be an optional extra @ $10 Aus each.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 24.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-cftbl-retro-building-neon-mod/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.