Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-4 (resized).JPG
Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-1 (resized).JPG
Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-3 (resized).JPG
Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_0525 (resized).JPG
IMG_0528 (resized).JPG
CFTBL Snack Bar Mod Signage Upgrade for v1 & v2 mods - rev1.pdf (PDF preview)
coming-soon-movie-theaters-8881849-380-304.jpg
whomobile_4.png
surprise.jpg
drive_in_speaker_keyring_back.png
drive_in_speaker_keyring.png
ruwwyx.jpg
snackbar2.jpg
snackbar1.jpg
creech.jpg
There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
#201 9 years ago

Very nice work here Swinks, this is going to be a very classy mod!

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Very nice work here Swinks, this is going to be a very classy mod!

thanks mate, much appreciated

#203 9 years ago

Yeah man, I can't wait! If you need another tester let me know

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Test units are going to a few in Aus as well as US and Canada and one hopefully will make it in the flesh to the Pinball Show in Chicago in Oct.

sweet!

#205 9 years ago

Just remember you told me I was number 17 on the list, 'cause I really want to be in the first group!

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Just remember you told me I was number 17 on the list, 'cause I really want to be in the first group!

ohhhh, something happened lol

you are in the 1st batch, thanks for your keenness….

#207 9 years ago

Please add me to your list if you have room for 1 more.
Chris

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Please add me to your list if you have room for 1 more.
Chris

your on the list, thanks for the support.

#209 9 years ago

Not sure if I'm on the list, but please add me too if I'm not. Thanks!

#210 9 years ago

Coming along nicely! Can't wait to add this mod to my machine!

#211 9 years ago

test batch of 6 update
- tops are painted and curing so decals on soon
- laser base plates should be in tomorrow
- harnesses finished
- writing up a install manual
- tooling up with a custom 12 vdc tester to test every wiring harness, inverter and el wire kit - see designs below

12vdc tester
my unit will have a plug in power pack connected to the appropriate pins so instead of plugging every kit to my back box circuit board I can plug up to 3 units at a time into the test box and test for 15 minutes each - QA testing before despatch. It will also be good to experiment and compare el wire inverters and different glow intensities or have 3 units with different coloured el wire plugged in at the same time.

this box will be available at Shapeways soon if anyone wants to create there own plug tester for mods etc - you will just need the box and 3 x z connectors (available at Pinball Life). In addition you can mix it up and you could have one plug for 5 vdc testing the others for 12 vdc testing.

Also another possibility is you could run a lead from a power source to under the playfield and this could be a affordable way to power up some mods, power in and 3 powers out - though if you did this you are responsible for the amount of power draw.

Anyway just wanted to share that I am progressing and these first 6 will be ready by the weekend and heading out to some testers. Once I get feedback I will order the first batch of 20 of tops and get things started for those keen but all the other parts will be in and waiting.

So hopefully by the end of the week / weekend expect another update - a manual posted, photos (kits fitted with elwire lit up).

Jady
12vdc test unit.jpg12vdc test unit.jpg

12vdc test unit 2.jpg12vdc test unit 2.jpg

#212 9 years ago

is anyone bringing a CftBL to the chicago expo?

if so, please contact me via pm to potentially showcase this item in your machine during expo for jady

#213 9 years ago

Also think about doing some power cycling on the EL wire transformers along with the time test.

#214 9 years ago

don't forget me on the early list - i was in way back mate

#215 9 years ago

6 test units are painted, decaled and el wire fitted after these photos.

You will notice one unit with SS screws and washers and the other with just black screws. The black screws blend in and disappear into the decal and the SS fit in with the chrome of the game and cars. It will be a personal taste thing provided in the kit for people to swap in and settle with the ones they like. People will also be able to swap out the el wire to a different colour for $10 and swap out the dome cover for a dollar - so it is a mod that you can then personalise (though you will have to purchase the extra el wire or domes separately yourself)

In each kit there will be spare bolts so each customer has the option to mix it up and play with the look to how they like it. Therefore since I do not want to mark the decal in any way I will leave the dome top for the customer to fit which is only a 2 minute job.

SS brackets are due tomorrow as the laser company decided to send them on a country tour to everywhere but to me. Once I get them I can finalise and will list the price, along with pictures of the completed unit and then finish the manual of how to fit. These units will be ready to post out next Monday so hopefully some feedback soon - 3 x Pinsiders and 2 x AP members with one being installed hopefully on a machine at Pinball Expo if we have a volunteer.

P1070489.jpgP1070489.jpgP1070488.jpgP1070488.jpgP1070486.jpgP1070486.jpg

#216 9 years ago

Firkin winner Dude

#217 9 years ago

looking very nice jady. great job!

#218 9 years ago

Hey swinks, great job brother! I was curious once you start shipping how big each batch will be.....are you going to send them out in batches of 20, 30 40, etc

#219 9 years ago

Can't wait to buy one. Thank God I saw this thread early and expressed interest!

#220 9 years ago

thanks for the kind words guys, very much appreciated, I have been enjoying the journey.

thanks everyone for the support.

Quoted from FishPharm:

Hey swinks, great job brother! I was curious once you start shipping how big each batch will be.....are you going to send them out in batches of 20, 30 40, etc

I will do a batch of 20, with each batch getting slightly bigger because of $, the top pieces with the grooves, sockets and el wire tracks are not cheap.

Basically a batch of 20, then 25, then 30 - sorry best I can do as don't want to take peoples money until it is ready to post but will stick with the list order.

Quoted from robotron911:

Can't wait to buy one. Thank God I saw this thread early and expressed interest!

lol,, at first I thought your name is not familiar, checked the list and your on half way down.

#221 9 years ago

Please put me on the WANT list for the snack bar mod , I just got the game and working on a cleanup, shop and some mods.. LOVE THIS ONE!!! good work

please put on me on the soonest contact list

kenny

#222 9 years ago

Not sure if I'm on the list, but please add me if not.

#223 9 years ago

thanks for the support everyone and please know that everyone that has expressed interest via the thread, pm or email has been placed in the order of expressing interest.

SS base plate came in today so I will do a test fit later and report back and once all good everything will be finished this weekend and I will notify those involved in the test batch for shipping details etc. to post early next week.

Jady

#224 9 years ago

SS base mounting plates arrived and perfect fit, decal on then locator posts and then the top can be screwed down onto the posts.

Will post prices and finished installed mod over the weekend, and then start producing them.
P1070499.jpgP1070499.jpgP1070498.jpgP1070498.jpgP1070492.jpgP1070492.jpg

#225 9 years ago

The mod is coming out great, I personally like the black screws. The stainless steel base plate is such a great idea, no more broken snack bar plastics!

#226 9 years ago

Looking good and solid too! Anxiously awaiting final price and delivery date.

#227 9 years ago

Yes, we need a price & date! Looks great!

#228 9 years ago

Hi All

I have finished the test units and just have to pack and send them. I will wait a week for feedback and then place orders for the first production batch.

Prices listed on the opening post.

There is a growing list so if you are interested let me know and I will place you in the line and I will notify you when I am starting the batch you are in when to pay - basically asking for full payment a week before posting out. If I do not get a response / payment within a week (at the time of posting) I will offer your place to the next people in line in the next batch and you will be substituted into the position of the person that replaced you or cancelled off the list if you let me know that you are not keen at all and do not want to be on the list anymore.

Batches will be 25 at a time with a estimated 4-6 week turn around though I will try to improve this with practise but limited as the snackbar tops are made in Europe.

The photos below are of the white el wire installed from different angles as well as what you get in a kit.

P1070556 - Version 2.jpgP1070556 - Version 2.jpg
P1070564 - Version 2.jpgP1070564 - Version 2.jpg
P1070558 - Version 2.jpgP1070558 - Version 2.jpg

The Kit includes:
1 x brushed stainless steel base plate with decal fitted
1 x snack bar top with decal fitted with a plug and play el wire lead (white)
1 x red dome
1 x plug and play 2 metre wiring harness including fuse holder / fuse, z connector, elwire inverter with a quick connector to plug the elwire lead into
3 x locator / standoffs
5 x black screws
5 x stainless steel screws
2 x nuts
6 x washers
1 x allen key

P1070574.jpgP1070574.jpg

Over the weekend I will put together a manual and this will be available as a download so people can see what is involved and use to assemble there kit.

#229 9 years ago

This kit is complete but it can also be personalised with different colour elwire strands which can be purchased from the below link for under $10 (3ft strand of 2.6mm with a quick connector)

http://www.elwirepros.com/super-bright-25mm-qc-el-wi25.html

I got pink elwire for my machine and I got an aqua blue just to test - but every kit will go out with just white which looks cool and blends in with the graphic and game.

photo 1 - white elwire (this looks blue because of the colour of the mod and the grove it sits in)
white.jpgwhite.jpg

photo 2 - aqua elwire
aqua.jpgaqua.jpg

photo 3 - pink elwire
pink.jpgpink.jpg

photo 4 - el wire options
screen-capture.pngscreen-capture.png

Though it must be noted that the camera does not truly capture the colours of the elwire, as the aqua looks more blue than the photo. The pink is slightly dull in intensity compared to the white as the elwire sits in a coloured sheath. White is the brightest.

Video coming over the weekend with pink installed.

#230 9 years ago

Looks great put me on the list please.

#231 9 years ago

Put me on list, thanks!

#232 9 years ago

Please add me to the list if I am not on it, thanks.

#233 9 years ago

Same with me, please add me if I wasn't added before. Looks great!

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from Theboys00:

Put me on list, thanks!

your on

Quoted from Billy16:

Please add me to the list if I am not on it, thanks.

you are on and in Batch 1 so will be contacting everyone in Batch 1 soon detailing there position

Quoted from zero:

Same with me, please add me if I wasn't added before. Looks great!

you are already on the list

thanks everyone for your support.....

#235 9 years ago

as a celebration last night of the launch of the snackbar product yesterday for the awesome drive in pinball CFTBL I took my family to their first ever drive in experience. It was about a 50 minute drive up the valley and such a beautiful spot. (I am not in the photo lol). Everyone loved it.
drivein.jpgdrivein.jpg

#236 9 years ago

^^^awesome family photo well done Jady on an awesome product your a very talented guy.

#237 9 years ago

it's a shame that creature wasn't playing at the drive-in, eh?

#238 9 years ago

for those purchasing and wanting to know how to install this mod, please download, read and become familiar with how to install it - I will make some improvements and fix some minor wording mistakes in the next few days.

THIS MANUAL IS NOW SUPERSEDED, SO TO SAVE CONFUSION I HAVE DELETED IT PLEASE REFER TO VERSION 2 BELOW.

#239 9 years ago

Absolutely beautiful mod... Congrats. Please take a second to step back and take a bow!

#240 9 years ago

5 Test Batch units completed packed and sent yesterday and today. Thanks guys for those in Australia and the US for your support as it is very much appreciated and in the next 10 days we should have some feedback and then production will start.

cheers

Jady

Quoted from lllvjr:

Absolutely beautiful mod... Congrats. Please take a second to step back and take a bow!

thanks mate and thanks to the many others for your kind words

#241 9 years ago

Looks great, and I think you did well on the price too. Can't wait to pay you and see one in person

Greg

#242 9 years ago

The manual is a thing of beauty! Well done, plug and play, very nice. All skill levels should be able to add this mod with little trouble. Great work!

#243 9 years ago

Also, please add me to the list if I am not already on it, thanks.

#244 9 years ago

With some help from a pinsider friend j_m_, the installation manual was reviewed and improved. Please see attached Version 2.

A big thanks to those that gave advice, offered thoughts and helped me along the way. This is close to going into production and enjoyed by those keen to get one. Thanks everyone.

THIS MANUAL IS NOW SUPERSEDED, SO TO SAVE CONFUSION I HAVE DELETED IT PLEASE REFER TO VERSION 3 IN THE VERY FIRST POST.

#245 9 years ago

Please add me to your list, Thank you.

#246 9 years ago

Please add me to your list too, Thank you.

#247 9 years ago

I believe I put down for one of these, still in! LMK when available in your queue....shipping to Canada.

#249 9 years ago

Please add me to the list.

#250 9 years ago

thanks guys, you are all on the list now and already if you showed interest before.

will be sending pm's to the first 25 soon to see who is still in which may have a flow on effect for others on the list to move forward.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 24.00
$ 40.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 9.95
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 27.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-cftbl-retro-building-neon-mod/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.