Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-4 (resized).JPG
Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-1 (resized).JPG
Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-3 (resized).JPG
Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_0525 (resized).JPG
IMG_0528 (resized).JPG
CFTBL Snack Bar Mod Signage Upgrade for v1 & v2 mods - rev1.pdf (PDF preview)
coming-soon-movie-theaters-8881849-380-304.jpg
whomobile_4.png
surprise.jpg
drive_in_speaker_keyring_back.png
drive_in_speaker_keyring.png
ruwwyx.jpg
snackbar2.jpg
snackbar1.jpg
creech.jpg
There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
#151 9 years ago

Take my money please. Interested

#152 9 years ago

What's the price for one of these!?

#153 9 years ago

have some of the easier pricing done and working out a few deals for the manufactured parts.

I have made a few decisions to simplify the runs which I will do in runs of 20 purely due to cost outlay but I hope to do quick turn around batches and increase the size once the funds grow a little more:

- all units will be the same, meaning they will come with a red dome and with bright white el-wire as this helps pricing with a bulk order a little and every little bit helps you and me.

But for those that want to mix it up can buy and install a different colour dome from Marco or Pinball Life for under $1.25 with 7 other colours to pick from.

screen-capture-12.pngscreen-capture-12.png.

In addition the US company that I am trying to cut a deal with el-wire kits, in which if you wanted to change out the white el-wire to another colour (2-3ft) for approximately $10 posted and it will come with a plug and play clip into the existing loom (with the re-fit taking you no more than 10minutes).

screen-capture.pngscreen-capture.png

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

What's the price for one of these!?

Still working on it, hope to have it nailed in a week and then get feedback to determine who is still in and if the mod goes ahead.

#155 9 years ago

Looking nice. Just a thought for the metal plate under the mod make a decal with a window looking into the snack bar. Maybe have a door at each end with restrooms Men on side and Women on the other side and in the middle a window looking into a retro cafeteria style drive-in movie.

#156 9 years ago

here is a screen shoot of the decal that will fasten to the base plate that sits behind the subway entrance, decals gone out for pricing.

screen-capture-10.pngscreen-capture-10.png

#157 9 years ago

Coming along very nicely, any idea what material the base plate will be made of?

#158 9 years ago

lol wasnt trying to start a riot here.. and nice job covering all the color bases Swinks!
the aqua EL-wire a real close match to what your camera does to the white, just a personal thing, I think the aqua look that your camera gave.. looked particularly NICE!.. is all I'd meant (and what I'd said too pretty sure lol).

also (IMHO) good decision to standardize the white-red for production to put them out more economically (pointing to all the color options people can plug-n-play do for themselves afterwards).

#159 9 years ago

Very nice MOD. Well done.

#160 9 years ago

zizzlemeplease:
agreed (on both accounts)

I think that I may be ordering an extra set of the aqua el-wire and see how that looks when these are finally made available.

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Coming along very nicely, any idea what material the base plate will be made of?

Price will determine but personally want to go for SS as it will never need replacing and will blend in nicely.

Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

lol wasnt trying to start a riot here.. and nice job covering all the color bases Swinks!
the aqua EL-wire a real close match to what your camera does to the white, just a personal thing, I think the aqua look that your camera gave.. looked particularly NICE!.. is all I'd meant (and what I'd said too pretty sure lol).
also (IMHO) good decision to standardize the white-red for production to put them out more economically (pointing to all the color options people can plug-n-play do for themselves afterwards).

All cool, it helped push a decision about standardizing and giving customers options to customize a little.

I have really enjoyed the project as the game is my personal favorite and getting ideas from you guys has improved the finishing touches, thanks everyone.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Very nice MOD. Well done.

Coming from PinballMikeD, that's a real nice complement!

#163 9 years ago

i'm in if priced reasonnably!

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I will do them in runs of 20.

An excellent idea (says the guy who was previously told he was number 17 in line).

#165 9 years ago

In for a Non-Pinsider friend. I will buy one for him as a gift as this is his first machine.

#166 9 years ago

Swinks... are you giving out #'s now? Both $$$ #'s and in-line / batch #'s?

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

In for a Non-Pinsider friend. I will buy one for him as a gift as this is his first machine.

no worries, your name is down on the list, thanks

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Swinks... are you giving out #'s now? Both $$$ #'s and in-line / batch #'s?

soon, as soon as I have the cost nutted out it will be listed along with a model of the assembly so people can understand the mod a little better. From there I will see who is still keen as some will probably drop out due to price and then I can re-adjust the list and batches and issue people with their placing in a batch. I gave a few ultra keen people their place # as they are in group one. But know that I will not be bumping any one up the list.

I will be doing a small test promotion batch to ensure there are no problems and send out to 2 guys for install checks and thoughts. Once all clear I will order everything for a production batch of 20, then contact the people that said yes to wanting one. I intend to re-invest the money from sales to enlarging the batches.

Note: I will only be asking for payment only when it is ready to post.

Jady

#168 9 years ago

I'm on the fence on this mod... don't get me wrong, it looks GREAT! But I feel like to balance it out aesthetically, you need to have the Crown Vic on the opposite side of the snack bar targets, and I've not been a fan of those (particularly the price). And having already installed the Pinball Mike D mod, illuminated backboard, and color DMD, I'm wondering if there would be any power issues.

In the future, I would like to hear how people with a CFTBL with maxed-out mods fare with this -- and what works best for a power source.

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

I'm on the fence on this mod... don't get me wrong, it looks GREAT! But I feel like to balance it out aesthetically, you need to have the Crown Vic on the opposite side of the snack bar targets, and I've not been a fan of those (particularly the price). And having already installed the Pinball Mike D mod, illuminated backboard, and color DMD, I'm wondering if there would be any power issues.
In the future, I would like to hear how people with a CFTBL with maxed-out mods fare with this -- and what works best for a power source.

I'd be interested to find this out, as well. My display mod uses DK Pinball's power taps for wpc games to get 5v from the driver board, but I'm wondering if other mods in the game that are also using 5v from a different connector, is it all coming from the same source?

#170 9 years ago

this is running off 12vdc and not much based on the thin wires used to connect the transformer to power, hope to have this sorted in the next week.

Jady

#171 9 years ago

Looking great buddy, very nice work! If they were making this machine today I bet the snack bar would look something like what you have here.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Looking great buddy, very nice work! If they were making this machine today I bet the snack bar would look something like what you have here.

thanks heaps for the kind words, and a big thanks in regards to the wiring harness advice / help.

Jady

#173 9 years ago

to help those with valid power concerns here is some general info about the consumption, and with this mod it will have about 2-3ft of el wire so it is extremely low on power consumption.

screen-capture-14.pngscreen-capture-14.png

hope this helps.

cheers

Jady

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Coming from PinballMikeD, that's a real nice complement!

I put my pants on one leg at a time, just like you

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

I'm working on a solution for this now; the release should coincide with the next run of CFTBL LCD MODs. So, no worries on how to power the snackbar MOD

#176 9 years ago

This mod is a thing of beauty. I'm interested too.

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from Sea-Monkey:

This mod is a thing of beauty. I'm interested too.

thanks for the compliment.

I have started sketches on another mod of what I think should be sweet for the creature and finish the game nicely and tastefully.

#178 9 years ago

all the prices have come in and various numbers of parts are being made but will hold off listing a final price until the parts are in my hands to check quality and determine if the suppliers are good enough. I want this mod to be of high quality starting with the base plate - I was either going to be 2mm black acrylic to maintain the look or 1mm SS to last a lifetime and not have to worry about parts cracking etc.

By the model pictures I am happy to share that the base plate will be Stainless Steel as at the end of the day there was no real price difference so I went for longevity over a colour that really won't been seen due to be covered up and decaled.

The plate picks up on 3 mounting points like the original plastic but now includes a 4th mounting point where the middle vertical panel mounts to. I increased the base plate to cleanup this area hiding a post and improve on the flow of the design. The SS has a cut out in the centre allowing for the existing globes sockets to still be used though under the dome I would recommend one of those leds that have the extender leds on the flexible leads to direct the light better to the lifted dome. There are 3 extra holes in the plate but that will be explained a little later on.

Base Plate-1.pngBase Plate-1.pngBase Plate-2.pngBase Plate-2.png

#179 9 years ago

sweet. Holy cow are you putting a lot of thought into the details

#180 9 years ago

Keep it coming. Looking nice and can't wait to see the finished product.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

sweet. Holy cow are you putting a lot of thought into the details

Thanks, I call it "Pin"gineering, lol

I wanted it to be solid, and a mod that you don't have to remove ramps etc - apart from running the wire loom everything can be done just with the glass off in 10-15 minutes and will come with a metric allen key to suit the bolts used.

#182 9 years ago

This is a very well thought out mod. Could you provide a cost estimate so those of use with only $20 in our wallets can start saving? Are we in the $5 or $300 range for this mod? Ballpark is all I ask.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

or $300 range for this mod?

Way to rich for me if so.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Are we in the $5 or $300 range for this mod? Ballpark is all I ask.

A tough one because as much as I want to list the price of what I want to sell it for I need to be cautious as I still have to get the first runs of the plates, top building section and decals (all the price critical items).

I can say "ballpark" it will be under $200, and if parts and part providers are good the price will be dropped a decent amount.

Some of the parts are already ordered in batches of 25's and 50's with the most expensive part being the top building as it is quite complex is only ordered at 6 items (test batch). Once I get a green light with that part we are sweet, and I will immediately order the first batch of 20.

More models to be released over the weekend which will explain more and you will understand the design better.

#185 9 years ago

I've been following this post since day 1. Thanks swinks for keeping us, your customer, in the loop.

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I've been following this post since day 1. Thanks swinks for keeping us, your customer, in the loop.

no worries, I am doing this because I love the game most importantly and next it has been a enjoyable experience fine tuning the finishing touches with others that are interested.

I just wish I could have the parts made faster

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I am doing this because I love the game most importantly

Love of the game, this is what can turn a good idea into a great mod.

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

A tough one because as much as I want to list the price of what I want to sell it for I need to be cautious as I still have to get the first runs of the plates, top building section and decals (all the price critical items).
I can say "ballpark" it will be under $200, and if parts and part providers are good the price will be dropped a decent amount.
Some of the parts are already ordered in batches of 25's and 50's with the most expensive part being the top building as it is quite complex is only ordered at 6 items (test batch). Once I get a green light with that part we are sweet, and I will immediately order the first batch of 20.
More models to be released over the weekend which will explain more and you will understand the design better.

Thank you! This gives me a good idea what to budget for. My wife is a budget nut.

Let it be known that I don't even own this pin, but I am still seriously contemplating purchasing this mod. CFTBL will someday have a permanent home with me. This mod is will be in it.

#189 9 years ago

a little more info to help those interested understand the mod a little more.

- basically the old snack bar plastic has to be removed before any reassembly can occur.
- then the new SS base plate (with a decal fitted) with the blue pillars will be fastened to the location that the old plastic came from. (the blue pillars will already be fitted by myself before shipping to customers). Also these blue pillars are the only 3D printed part by myself with everything else professionally made.
- then the snack bar top (with a decal fitted, as well as a dome and el wire routed) will be located onto the pillars and then 3 screws fitted to lock the mod down into place via the top side of the pillars.

I will have instructions with photos ready to send out with the mods but this gives you a general idea of assembly all with the ramps still in place with only the glass off.

You will notice the snack bar top over hanging the plate in one section, the plate steps back around behind the targets like the original plastic. I have left the snack bar top maintain a curve over the targets to keep the building curve look without obstructing the view of the targets. I made the mod solid plastic in this area, therefore it is not hollowed out and not a weak point.

I hope this helps and I will release a lot more info when the samples start rolling in with photos and video along with some transparency views showing some of the hidden detail of the top piece.
Base plate with pillars.pngBase plate with pillars.pngbase with top.pngbase with top.png

#190 9 years ago

Looks great Swinks! It's really great that you were able to use stainless steel for the baseplate. My snack bar plastic is broken as we speak, your new mod should help eliminate that problem!

#191 9 years ago

I need this mod! Sweet

#192 9 years ago

50 sets of laminated vinyl profile cut decals arrived today and are a beautiful fit and look great (I think).

I ended up doing the world OPEN in red to tie in with the red dome and some of the insert art on the playfield. The guys at Art & Soul colour matched the blue in the decals to a paint sample I supplied so everything flows. In addition I chose a spray pack can of a well known brand so anyone around the world can colour match it they get some scuffs - Tamiya TS-41. Lastly the pink ring around the dome was chosen to give / enhance a nice glow and tie in with the pinks in the game.

The remaining holes in the top still need screws and I did apply the decals to my 3d printed top and base plate which will be the finished product of much higher quality as these will be made externally.

Also the elwire in this tester is pink so photographs a little funny as it was on at the time of taking photos and I also don't have the el-wire properly restrained as it will be swapped out in the the externally made prototype in the next week or 2 and pink won't be the standard colour used.

P1070313.jpgP1070313.jpg P1070314.jpgP1070314.jpg P1070315.jpgP1070315.jpg P1070316.jpgP1070316.jpg P1070317.jpgP1070317.jpg P1070319.jpgP1070319.jpg
#193 9 years ago

I have locked in a well respected Aussie pinball tech to make all my power supply leads for this mod. The power will be gained from J116,117 or 118 with a z connector supplied as well as a 2 metre lead including a fuse holder and fuse as I want to ensure no power can feedback from the inverter / transformer back to the circuit board causing potential damage. This might be a slight over kill but worth it in peace of mind for myself and every customer that buys one of these mods. I will then solder the inverter to the power lead and bench test every lead, inverter and el wire installed kit before sending out to customers.

image copy 2.jpegimage copy 2.jpeg

#194 9 years ago

Great progress, can't wait to add one of these to my machine!

#195 9 years ago

That looks great.

But curse you, because now I'm wanting to 2pac my playfield and bling it up.

#196 9 years ago

edit:
self corrected
creech bling.jpgcreech bling.jpg

#197 9 years ago

This looks great! I found a game and can't wait to get this mod.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from sparkup:

That looks great.
But curse you, because now I'm wanting to 2pac my playfield and bling it up.

don't worry I am cursing myself, but I did just secure a new repro CFTBL pf, has been a long search

#199 9 years ago

You are well on your way to knocking this one out of the park, friend. Looking great!

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

1 week later
#200 9 years ago

well a little update….

I have nearly all the parts to do a batch of 25-50 - from light domes, decals, plug and play wire looms, small bolts etc. I received the 6 test tops and these look very nice with the only parts left are 25 sets of SS base plates to come (a few slight supply issues).

I was cautious on the tops due to using a new company and them being the most expensive part so didn't want to spend up big in case of issues, but so far they fit in my machine on to the prototype base plate and look real nice. I should have these 6 units ready to go out to my testers in the next 7-10 days and then I will order 20 tops to get the first production batch happening.

Here are the 6 tops ready for filler undercoat ready for a nice finish
IMG_0526.jpgIMG_0526.jpg

Here are the six units with the medium filler paint. Not that there are pits I just had the paint and since the parts are white it helps define any slight issues and seals them up - like I said these are nice and am very happy with them.
IMG_0528.jpgIMG_0528.jpg

I should have the prices worked out by this weekend to help people decide it they still want to get a unit and stay on the list.

Test units are going to a few in Aus as well as US and Canada and one hopefully will make it in the flesh to the Pinball Show in Chicago in Oct.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 24.00
$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-cftbl-retro-building-neon-mod/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.