Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-4 (resized).JPG
Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-1 (resized).JPG
Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-3 (resized).JPG
Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_0525 (resized).JPG
IMG_0528 (resized).JPG
CFTBL Snack Bar Mod Signage Upgrade for v1 & v2 mods - rev1.pdf (PDF preview)
coming-soon-movie-theaters-8881849-380-304.jpg
whomobile_4.png
surprise.jpg
drive_in_speaker_keyring_back.png
drive_in_speaker_keyring.png
ruwwyx.jpg
snackbar2.jpg
snackbar1.jpg
creech.jpg
There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 9 years ago

I may be interested in this depending on the final price. looks cool!

#102 9 years ago

I would put an outline of the aqua color around OPEN to break it apart from the LINES underneath, it would be easier to read and stand out more. Just my 2 cents of 30+ years of vector and design! If you need any help designing the art for the plastic, let me know. I design this type of stuff for a living!

Pimp

#103 9 years ago

what do you think of this version ???

- added a arrow look to the neon graphic
- shortened the middle neon
- reworked the "OPEN" - size, placement and outline

Jady

screen-capture-3.pngscreen-capture-3.png

#104 9 years ago

would love to see some LED's installed to make the open sign light up

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from sparkup:

would love to see some LED's installed to make the open sign light up

I hear you but because it now sits almost 1 inch higher, under a ramp and placed slightly different you can't see it if you are playing a game. It is more just a decorative part of the design and can really only be seen clearly from the lhs of the cabinet.

Jady

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

what do you think of this version ???
- added a arrow look to the neon graphic
- shortened the middle neon
- reworked the "OPEN" - size, placement and outline

Much better with the shortened neon. Would be good to see what "Open" looks like on the new version, but I'm thinking that the all caps version would still be preferable. (Not sure I like the E in the current version)

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Much better with the shortened neon. Would be good to see what "Open" looks like on the new version, but I'm thinking that the all caps version would still be preferable. (Not sure I like the E in the current version)

here you go, a quick mock up

I am thinking if people preferred this one I could curl the middle white neon to lead into the end of the n of "Open" to keep a nice flow?

screen-capture-5.pngscreen-capture-5.png

#108 9 years ago

all caps looks cool, the wider neon pattern also looks great.

#109 9 years ago

All caps with the shortened middle line looks the best of all of the mock-ups to me. Since people are asking for the "OPEN" to be lit, could a solution perhaps be that the text or lines or both be a cutout that would effectively filter the light from under the sticker to give a lit effect?

#110 9 years ago

I would be in for one.. pending final price of course (so long as its not wacky priced)

sign me up!

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

here you go, a quick mock up
I am thinking if people preferred this one I could curl the middle white neon to lead into the end of the n of "Open" to keep a nice flow?

screen-capture-5.png 75 KB

Actually, I like the lower case better now. If you go this way, curling the white to the end of the n would be awesome

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from kosmo:

The plastic looks better to me with "open" all in caps.
Just my two cents.
And i think i'll be in as well (price will tell).
Neat mod, i like it very much !

I agree. I think it should be in all caps. Aren't open signs made that way.

#114 9 years ago

well I have tweaked the upper case version of "OPEN" to the the point where it will remain complete as I prefer the upper case and it is now more legible.
- I removed the small stroke of the "E" that popped out of the lhs on the middle horizontal
- I raised the middle horizontal of the "E" to line up with the "P" and the incoming middle white neon graphic tube

thanks for all the input everyone, and over the weekend I will do the FILM decal and then will post some pics of the 2 versions of elwire with decal mockups with their matching dome cover and maybe a video - see how I go. From there hopefully I can send everything out for pricing and a few finished proto-types made and then get some batches started.

cheers

Jady

screen-capture-8.pngscreen-capture-8.png

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

All caps with the shortened middle line looks the best of all of the mock-ups to me. Since people are asking for the "OPEN" to be lit, could a solution perhaps be that the text or lines or both be a cutout that would effectively filter the light from under the sticker to give a lit effect?

as stated before the design does not allow for light to be projected from below as the main body is opague painted plastic and the only option would be el paper which would mean $ for something that is hidden behind a ramp and very difficult to see as it really is just more of a decorative part of the design.

Jady

#116 9 years ago

I love it this was a great idea to make it a REAL SNACKBAR/DINER look! My Wife loves the look of it. This MOD should be a HIT when you settle on the final design. I like the Red Dome!

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

as stated before the design does not allow for light to be projected from below as the main body is opague painted plastic and the only option would be el paper which would mean $ for something that is hidden behind a ramp and very difficult to see as it really is just more of a decorative part of the design.
Jady

I think what he means is since it's 3D printed perhaps the design could be altered so when it's printed it leaves that area "open" (pun intended) so the light would shine through to the decal.

#118 9 years ago

Sign me up for one as well.

Joe

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from ranchdrsn:

I think what he means is since it's 3D printed perhaps the design could be altered so when it's printed it leaves that area "open" (pun intended) so the light would shine through to the decal.

lol, yes it could be left "open" but there are certain design constraints / risks when professionally printed and part of the design can't be left open due to what is going on inside.

therefore I have drawn the line at no under lighting for the decal under the decals, sorry.

I will post some photos late in the weekend and it will show the mocked up new decal, so should help people.

Jady

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from ranchdrsn:

Maybe the decal can be a self install, that way we could mod the mod?

#121 9 years ago

would also like to be added to the "interested" list. LOVE this game and will eventually be doing a complete top flite resto of mine. Still gathering all the parts! This would be great to add as well.
Thanks
Vinny

#122 9 years ago

Thanks Vinny as well as the many others that have expressed interested and want to be on the order list which is growing - thank you everyone.

In edition if you have showed interest "subject to price" you are also on the list, with the list being revised once the price is known & shared and I get a response from everyone.

Jady

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

lol, yes it could be left "open" but there are certain design constraints / risks when professionally printed and part of the design can't be left open due to what is going on inside.
therefore I have drawn the line at no under lighting for the decal under the decals, sorry.
I will post some photos late in the weekend and it will show the mocked up new decal, so should help people.
Jady

Understood, just offering thoughts for those that would like this as an option to the mod. Another thought to achieve this would be to create a recessed box area or "well" under that area of the decal. That way it could still be cut out there and someone could just drill a small hole to glue in a led to light the well. That would hide what's below. As stated above if the decal was self applied then people who wanted to do this could probably cut that area and add that feature themselves easily also. Work looks great so far! Please add me to the interested list! Thanks for all your hard work!

#124 9 years ago

The last decal mock up you posted looks outstanding! The open in all capitals really looks great! I'm very happy to be on the list and I can't wait to install this mod in my machine.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

The last decal mock up you posted looks outstanding! The open in all capitals really looks great! I'm very happy to be on the list and I can't wait to install this mod in my machine.

thanks, appreciate the feedback, should have a mockup of the film done today.

Quoted from ranchdrsn:

Understood, just offering thoughts for those that would like this as an option to the mod. Another thought to achieve this would be to create a recessed box area or "well" under that area of the decal. That way it could still be cut out there and someone could just drill a small hole to glue in a led to light the well. That would hide what's below. As stated above if the decal was self applied then people who wanted to do this could probably cut that area and add that feature themselves easily also. Work looks great so far! Please add me to the interested list! Thanks for all your hard work!

the top section that houses the el wire etc is predominately hollowed with a 2mm ceiling which can be modified if you wish but there are sections that are solid for strength and the mounting system to the plate. If you wish to go down this path I can supply the decal seperately.
OR.
I might do a model of an idea that might make you happy and then it can be up to the customer to add a particular lighting feature - keep an eye out today . not a guarantee but I will look into it.

#126 9 years ago

In. Please.

#127 9 years ago

Thanks for fixing the E in uppercase OPEN - that's what I didn't like the most. Latest version looks terrific!

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks, appreciate the feedback, should have a mockup of the film done today.

the top section that houses the el wire etc is predominately hollowed with a 2mm ceiling which can be modified if you wish but there are sections that are solid for strength and the mounting system to the plate. If you wish to go down this path I can supply the decal seperately.
OR.
I might do a model of an idea that might make you happy and then it can be up to the customer to add a particular lighting feature - keep an eye out today . not a guarantee but I will look into it.

I tried an idea but it fouled with the el wire too much (entry and exit points) and since the el wire is the most important feature of this mod I don't want to upset the design and start from scratch, sorry.

#129 9 years ago

I finished the near complete proto-type mod today with 2 options:

- white elwire with a red dome
- pink elwire with a purple dome (though I much like the the way light spreads out through the red dome - so I think all will come with a red dome and people can go to their favourite parts supplier and get a different colour)

please excuse the decal as it was laminated and has slightly separated so looks a little cloudy - but these will be vinyl printed and cut to will be glossy and vibrant.

you will also notice a laminated / printed FILM decal above the scoop that will fasten to the supplied base plate. This decal will be the same as the top larger decal. The current base plate is 3D printed but the new one will either be laser cut 2mm black acrylic or 1mm brushed stainless steel (which is my preference if cost is right) which will not break and look good.

the white el wire which is much brighter than the pink as the outer sheath is clear where as the pink is a coloured sheath and therefore not as bright but still just a great some glow.

- 1st batch of photos is the White el-wire with a red dome

players view
P1070243.jpgP1070243.jpg

film decal
P1070244.jpgP1070244.jpg

various views
P1070238.jpgP1070238.jpgP1070241.jpgP1070241.jpgP1070240.jpgP1070240.jpgP1070242.jpgP1070242.jpg

#130 9 years ago

pink el-wire version

players view
P1070253.jpgP1070253.jpg

various viewsP1070249.jpgP1070249.jpg

P1070248.jpgP1070248.jpgP1070252.jpgP1070252.jpgP1070246.jpgP1070246.jpg

pink el-wire turned off - looks a redish pinkP1070245.jpgP1070245.jpg

#131 9 years ago

I prefer the white myself. It seems the "glow" is better. Nicely done.

#132 9 years ago

Very, very nice. I like the white as well. Looks more 50s retro to me.

#133 9 years ago

Man, its creative people like swinks and others on here that really make pinball even more exciting. The mods you guys come up with blow my mind. I just got my speaker panel mod from another thread and now this!! Love the way its turning out and for me I prefer the white also...kinda gives a bluish glow and this whole mod makes the snack bar stand out really well. You do have me on your list ...right? I think I was one of the early ones who requested..

#134 9 years ago

White looks the best

#135 9 years ago

thanks all for your kind words and agree about the white as it matches the playfield art well and believe it looks bluish as it is reflecting some of the mod colour but I did go for the ultra brite el-wire.

time to price up as I have some good numbers of interested people which will help all of us

#136 9 years ago

I'm interested as well. Looking forward to hearing about pricing. Thanks! -Jonathan

#137 9 years ago

Put me on list as well.What's one more Creature mod.

#138 9 years ago

Please put me on list!!

#139 9 years ago

Hate mods, but would have to be an idiot to pass this one up. Please put me on list.

#140 9 years ago

Put me on the list too.

#141 9 years ago

I don't even have a game yet and am interested in this. Please add me to the list anyway .

#142 9 years ago

Nice job tweaking this to get it just right. Please put me down for a white one.

#143 9 years ago

I get it your camera is making the white look blueish, but the blueish in the photos looks really cool!
a few days ago I was looking for EL-wire (ebay) and saw a "sky blue" available, oh hey now..
that might be a really nice color option to make available for your mod package.

#144 9 years ago

interested based on pricing

#145 9 years ago

I like the pink EL wire!

#146 9 years ago

White looks killer.

#147 9 years ago

Keep it white...

#148 9 years ago

I like the white and my 'most likely' post early on is a definite me too. Picking up my creature Saturday.

Very nice work, love the new decal and all.

#149 9 years ago

White EL wire with red dome works best for me.

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

White EL wire with red dome works best for me.

+1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.95
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.00
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-cftbl-retro-building-neon-mod/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.