Topic Stats

• 453 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 124 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0525 (resized).JPG
IMG_0528 (resized).JPG
CFTBL Snack Bar Mod Signage Upgrade for v1 & v2 mods - rev1.pdf (PDF preview)
coming-soon-movie-theaters-8881849-380-304.jpg
whomobile_4.png
surprise.jpg
drive_in_speaker_keyring_back.png
drive_in_speaker_keyring.png
ruwwyx.jpg
snackbar2.jpg
snackbar1.jpg
creech.jpg
DSCF3358.jpg
DSCF3354.jpg
625x465_3614941_11197851_1436758627.jpg
429716-i.jpg

There are 453 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
#51 5 years ago

Put me down please! Very interested in adding yet another mod to creech.

#52 5 years ago

Please add me to your list.

#53 5 years ago

Salut,

Put me on the list please.
Final decision depends on the price tag.
This is looking great.

Cheers,
flugs

#54 5 years ago

looks neat. Add me to your list

#55 5 years ago

thanks everyone for the support

I am going to tweak the building decal a little and do the FILM decal in the next few days to show people for feedback and then will send out files for quotes for laser cutting and printing by the end of the week to then work out a price based on a run of 10 and run of 20 and report back.

thanks again

Jady

#56 5 years ago

Question: as I want to work in with other mods and curious where the LCD mod pulls it's 12VDC from as I don't want to take power from the same place and cause you guys potential problems. Please let me know along with a few photos so I can finalise a plug and play system that will work on it's own and along side other peoples CFTBL powered mods.

Cheers

Jady

#57 5 years ago

I might be in, but it depends on price. No chance of even posting a ballpark range of what you expect this to run?

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Question: as I want to work in with other mods and curious where the LCD mod pulls it's 12VDC from as I don't want to take power from the same place and cause you guys potential problems. Please let me know along with a few photos so I can finalise a plug and play system that will work on it's own and along side other peoples CFTBL powered mods.
Cheers
Jady

Mine is coming off the power board next to the coin door...

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from angus:

I might be in, but it depends on price. No chance of even posting a ballpark range of what you expect this to run?

not at this stage as I would rather give a "close" to "accurate price" including postage in 1-2 weeks time so please check back regularly for updates.

I will basically list the finished product price with option A (white elwire with red dome) and option B (pink elwire with purple dome) and then a list of postage to the various countries so everything is clear and in black and white.

Jady

#60 5 years ago

I'm in too. Nice little touch

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Cheers
Jady

Like burningman says, the video mod draws from the power board to the left of the coin door. I snapped this photo before I ran off to work, so its not very good...its in the bottom right corner of the photo.

image-733.jpg
#62 5 years ago

Sorry, I meant the area of interest is in the bottom right corner of the board...

#63 5 years ago

I would be in as well! Please keep us posted!! Great job!

#64 5 years ago

Please add me to your list too.

#65 5 years ago

Please add me to the list as well.

#66 5 years ago

Please add me to your list, thanks, Jeff

#67 5 years ago

I would like one too....please put me down as well.

#68 5 years ago

Tentatively in, depending on price. Looks good.

It would be nice if the "Snack Bar" font on your decal agreed with the Snack Bar" font on the playfield. The playfield font has that streamlined automotive look rather than cursive. Just a suggestion.

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

#69 5 years ago

Nice looking mod. Please add me to your list

#70 5 years ago

I like the concept, but I'm not sure about the fonts on the sticker - particularly "Snack Bar". The design is very retro 50's and looks fantastic. I would likely be in for one, of course, dependent on pricing.

You are clearly very talented. Thanks for sharing this with others.

#71 5 years ago

I repeat I WANT ONE

#72 5 years ago

thanks guys for your interest as it will help reduce the cost of the mod,

I will look into the "Snack Bar" font, any ideas what style of font it is as a starter. And thanks for the feedback via post and pm in regards to power supply - very helpful.

Jady

#73 5 years ago

Swinks, the color DMD plugs into thesame plug as the speaker panel mod

#74 5 years ago

Looks good!

#75 5 years ago

This last photo really got my attention. Sign me up...

image.jpg

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks everyone for the support
I am going to tweak the building decal a little and do the FILM decal in the next few days to show people for feedback and then will send out files for quotes for laser cutting and printing by the end of the week to then work out a price based on a run of 10 and run of 20 and report back.
thanks again
Jady

Please do more than 20, I think I'm 24th on the "I'm interested" list

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Please do more than 20, I think I'm 24th on the "I'm interested" list

you are spot on - 24th on the list.

rest assured who ever wants one, will get one just I will do in batches of 10, 20 or 25 purely for financial reasons where no one pays any money until they are ready to post out. With the sales I will purchase the next batches until everyone who wants one and is happy with the price can buy one.

I will start off with 2 of everything in the white and pink el wire for everyones approval and go from there with the colour selections.

thanks again everyone for your support. Hopefully by the weekend I will have the next version of the art done to everyones liking and then finish off with the pricing after that.

Jady

#78 5 years ago

nope! Add me. 25 on now

#79 5 years ago

I see many sales in your future. I am in!

#80 5 years ago

Love the idea and design...but wanted to ask...(and not trying to be too anal about this)...

Is there any way you can illuminate the snack bar area on the top of the mod?

Here is shot of the factory plastic. Would be cool if there was some way to still have that GI illuminate up through the "snack bar" lettering..

P1030670.JPG
#81 5 years ago

I'll take one as well. Very nicely done.

#82 5 years ago

Looks like a winner. Please add me as well! Thanks.

#83 5 years ago

You've got two options to have a more authentic font that would match with fonts used in the game. The "Flintstones" style font on the plastic (which would be easy to match), or the more classic car looking font used on the playfield, which is used extensively on vehicle trim pieces from the 1950s (examples below). Google "Classic Car Font" or "Retro Script" and you'll find a couple of freebie ones as a starting point. Good luck! Like where this is headed! Glad I got in when I did!

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

CAB.jpg CAB2.jpg
#84 5 years ago

awesome Rob, I started on the font search last night but this will help as I agree with you guys I would like to at least align the font style closer to what is on the playfield.

#85 5 years ago

really cool mod. you have my approval!
if I had a creech, it would be on mine.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

really cool mod. you have my approval!
if I had a creech, it would be on mine.

Buy the mod now. Get the machine later.

#87 5 years ago

well did a big hunt and found a font close to the style and changed the "k" and "B" and think it is close representation to the playfield. I know they are still some slight differences but it is alot better than the original "Flintstones" font and better than the original one I drew up.

I changed the word "Open to the same font" and added a purple neonish glow as well as some shadows to the neon on the arrow.

let me know what you think.

Jady

screen-capture.png

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Love the idea and design...but wanted to ask...(and not trying to be too anal about this)...
Is there any way you can illuminate the snack bar area on the top of the mod?
Here is shot of the factory plastic. Would be cool if there was some way to still have that GI illuminate up through the "snack bar" lettering..

P1030670.JPG 194 KB

Good question and something I was hoping to do but this is a little more of a challenge and not impossible but it is one of those things of where do you draw the line as I don't want this to be priced too high and no one gets to enjoy. The new main body sits on top of a custom 2mm plate so in effect it is now almost 1 inch high as opposed to the original 2mm high plastic therefore the lighting effect is lost from the current GI.

In addition the design now overshoots the targets to create that curved effect but not enough to block any views of targets as I was trying to capture the building facade sweeping around. Due to the over hang this section is solid in case of ball hits and this will be strong as it is about 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick in this area. In the roof section where the decal goes it will be 2mm thick and opague so therefore no light can be transferred through.

Lastly the "Snack Bar" name is now relocated to simulate the playfield art and in the place where I needed to strengthen up and house the el wire of the building. I could add addition el paper and sticker masking to only allow the "Snack Bar" sign to glow but believe the extra cost would warrant doing it. Therefore I will not be adding lighting to the Snack Bar wording or the blue arrow's neon tubing as I don't want the new mod to be too bright and too expensive.

Hope that is cool

Jady

#89 5 years ago

Jady, count me in. CFTBL is my personal favorite title.

#90 5 years ago

Looks Great!
I want one too.

#91 5 years ago

Looks awesome Jady,
please ad me to your list.

#92 5 years ago

I'm in!

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I could add additional el paper and sticker masking to only allow the "Snack Bar" sign to glow but I don't believe that the extra cost would warrant doing it. Therefore I will not be adding lighting to the Snack Bar wording or the blue arrow's neon tubing as I don't want the new mod to be too bright and too expensive.
Jady

coward!

and now 2 quick (and serious) questions:
does the EL wire light up only when the snack bar is "open" (or is it "on" all of the time that the machine is powered on)?

if not, is there a way to toggle the mod to do that? (of course this might potentially eliminate the need for the domed light on the roof altogether)

also, what does the plastic look like with the word "OPEN" all in caps?

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

also, what does the plastic look like with the word "OPEN" all in caps?

+1

#95 5 years ago

I am in!! Thanks

Landon

#96 5 years ago

to answer a couple of questions:

- I personally wanted to keep some of that authentic original plastic look (without copying the art) with the dome as it allows the mod owner to chose between 8 different colours readily available to swap out for there own look or to match post rubbers placed in game etc. But note it will be supplied with either a red or purple dome and it technically is repositioned a little and can't be seen directly from a players point of view but the light effect from it is noticeable when playing. I also tried the mod without a decal and just all blue and it needs the colour breakup.

- I associate neon tubes as permanently on and the classic light globe signs as flashing. In addition the neon on buildings tended to stay on with open signs flashing when a store was open - mind you I haven't been to vegas which has it's own rules. Therefore the el-wire will be on all the time as it is a cool lighting effect and believe if flashing would be a visual eye sore.

- here is the plastic with all CAPS.

- I am thinking of doing another version with some graphical neon tubes in the arrow to emphasis that area and shorten the middle neon tube to stop before the word OPEN to make it a little clearer. Technically this is a hard to be seen from the players perspective and really one of those finishing details.

Jady

screen-capture-2.png

#97 5 years ago

The plastic looks better to me with "open" all in caps.

Just my two cents.

And i think i'll be in as well (price will tell).

Neat mod, i like it very much !

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

The el-wire will be on all the time as it is a cool lighting effect and if flashing would be a visual eye sore.

I totally agree that the el-wire should be lit all the time.

Quoted from swinks:

Here is the plastic with "OPEN" all in caps.

I do like the word OPEN in all capital letters much better.

Quoted from swinks:

I am thinking of shortening the middle neon tube to stop before the word OPEN to make it a little clearer.

Also a good idea that will improve legibility. All this fine tuning will yield a great mod result.
What number am I on the list?

#99 5 years ago

thanks for the feedback littlecammi, you are No 17….

off to work now and will rework a little tonight.

#100 5 years ago

Perhaps run the middle neon tube right into the middle leg of the "E"? And make it pink?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
There are 453 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside