Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-4 (resized).JPG
Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-1 (resized).JPG
Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-3 (resized).JPG
Bally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v7 kit-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_0525 (resized).JPG
IMG_0528 (resized).JPG
CFTBL Snack Bar Mod Signage Upgrade for v1 & v2 mods - rev1.pdf (PDF preview)
coming-soon-movie-theaters-8881849-380-304.jpg
whomobile_4.png
surprise.jpg
drive_in_speaker_keyring_back.png
drive_in_speaker_keyring.png
ruwwyx.jpg
snackbar2.jpg
snackbar1.jpg
creech.jpg
There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 9 years ago

Here is an upgrade for the Snackbar Plastic that is known to be often broken with now that era clasic neon feel -

Snackbar Mod.

The price is finalised and set at $155 USD + Postage (3-5-15)

Registered Postage for one kit only is
- within Aus - $10 USD
- USA and Canada - $19 USD
- UK, Germany (Europe in general) - $24 USD

Multiple kits in one package will need to be quoted for registered post but it will work out slightly cheaper per unit.
P1070564 - Version 2.jpgP1070564 - Version 2.jpg
The first 5 pages cover the development and the following pages cover peoples reviews or any updates.

The Development:
This is a mod that has been in my head for a while, and was made but needed a paint up and was finally finished today structurally though still needs a little bit of electrical "plug and play" work done as well as 2 decals completed - one for the top and one for the FILM over the scoop. I 3D printed this at home but when these become available these will be made overseas and hand painted and fitted with all the pieces required allowing a simple plug and plug system.

The decals will be similar to the original to keep with the look and the dome on top will be a choice between red or purple and for the el wire there will be a choice of white or pink.

The mod is reversible so your game can be returned to original very easily and quickly without any permanent changes.

For me I felt this mod captures the graphic of the snack bar building which is on the playfield and now adds that cool retro neon look of the era to the game.

For anyone interested let me know as when I get parts made the more people interested the cheaper I can make the parts and then I can finalise a price.

Some decal mock ups coming soon, thanks for looking.

P1070215.jpgP1070215.jpgP1070213.jpgP1070213.jpgP1070219.jpgP1070219.jpgP1070214.jpgP1070214.jpg
P1070564 - Version 2.jpgP1070564 - Version 2.jpg

The latest version of the installation manual is below - V5

NOTE: Never power the mod inverter without the El-Wire Connected as it will fail the El-Wire Inverter.

EDIT - 3-5-15 - updated manual to version 5

EDIT - 5-6-15 - added Wiggy07's blog article and video of how to install (a big thank you, very unexpected and very much appreciated).
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/05/18/swinks-snack-bar-mod-install-for-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-pinball/

EDIT - 14-6-15 - updated the manual

CFTBL Retro Snackbar Mod - Manual V-06.pdfCFTBL Retro Snackbar Mod - Manual V-06.pdf

EDIT - 30-9-15 - last of the spares used up apart from a small stock of decals incase they are needed in case of a emergency.

#2 9 years ago

looks good, I'd be in

#3 9 years ago

Sign me up!

#4 9 years ago

I'm in.

#5 9 years ago

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!

#6 9 years ago

I've already got 4 other mods waiting for when I get my CFTBL back, might as well do a 5th

Looks great!!

#7 9 years ago

Depending on price, I'd might be in.

#8 9 years ago

I would be in for 1.

#9 9 years ago

I would be in! Let me know when! Thanks, great mod!

#10 9 years ago

I like it...looking forward to seeing it with the graphics...I'd be in

#11 9 years ago

As a suggestion, since you 3d printed it, why not have it go up higher and add more 3d detail such as the roof and sign. It could be made to look almost exactly like the design on the playfield. Just a thought.

#12 9 years ago

Is it real neon? If so, my question would be how it would stand up to a ball strike?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from ranchdrsn:

s a suggestion, since you 3d printed it, why not have it go up higher and add more 3d detail such as the roof and sign. It could be made to look almost exactly like the design on the playfield. Just a thought.

Adding a vertical sign would most likely create a ball trap.

#14 9 years ago

Very cool. Very interested.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Is it real neon? If so, my question would be how it would stand up to a ball strike?

I am thinking its el-wire....but then again, what do I know....

#16 9 years ago

It says its el wire.

#17 9 years ago

Looks cool, I am interested. Is the wire pictured white? Looks blue to me, but maybe that's because of the surrounding plastic? I am also curious about the power draw of el wire....any significant draw? I am all modded up on creech now and wouldn't want it to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

#18 9 years ago

Great idea! I will take one!

#19 9 years ago

I'll probably take one, as long as I get my creature (have to go pick it up).

#21 9 years ago

I would like one. Please PM me when price is known and you're taking orders. Thanks.

#22 9 years ago

Great looking mod!

#23 9 years ago

very cool. looks great! cftbl is my personal favorite

#24 9 years ago

Count me in!!

#25 9 years ago

Yeah Swinks, I'd be keen

#26 9 years ago

thanks for the kind words everyone

CFTBL is my favourite pin so this mod is done out of passion and I want it to look like it should of been there - well that is what I am trying to achieve.

some answers:
- yes it is el wire, but still yet to finalise an appropriate plug and play location for the power and I will detail power ratings etc when finalised.
- the el wire is white but I think looks bluish due to the painted mod as well as the camera settings as it was about a 1 second exposure.
- the mod will be solid plastic in design along the front edge (about 1/4 - 3/8") so there will be no issues with ball impacts
- I originally tried to model up a design that incorporated the current snackbar facade mod as well as a vertical section and was very difficult to capture the look and at the correct angle with the ramp above it. I have not given up on it so if it happens it be incorporated into the current mod so people will not have to rebuy a front facade with elwire.
- There are a few parts and one is a mounting plate which the front facade locates on which is extends slightly more where the sign is to cover a few gaps from various posts and will give the area a cleaner look.
- It will come with all parts and an allen key to suit the bolts I will be using - simply remove the current plastic, fasten the new base plate, feed the elwire connector down the playfield hole, locate the facade and then tighten down. There is no need for ramp removal etc as wanted this to be quick and easy to install. Full models will be shown when a price is firmed up and ready to sell.

thanks for looking and have placed people on a list in order of interest.

#27 9 years ago

Please add me to the interested parties list - cool looking mod!

#28 9 years ago

Add me to the list. Looks cool.

#29 9 years ago

Love CFTBL . How about a video ? I think it would be awesome to see . I can not decide by the photo's alone. Thanks !!

#30 9 years ago

Add me too, please!

#31 9 years ago

Depending on price (including shipping), I'd be interested.

#33 9 years ago

I'd be interested, with a final decision based on price. Also, it would have to play nice with the PinballMikeD video mod, ColorDMD and the lighted speaker panel mod.

#34 9 years ago

Count me in as well. Interested to know price but damn! That's cool!

#35 9 years ago

Put me down. Very cool looking mod.

#36 9 years ago

Count me in. Tasteful mods are always cool looking!

#37 9 years ago

Ill take one.

#38 9 years ago

This is a draft of the decal for the top of the building. I didn't want to infringe on the original plastic with copying the graphics but still maintain some of that original look. The large arrow is still the same blue as the building but with the graphical of 3 neon tubes like on the speaker panel. The word Snack Bar is a different font, in a different location trying to capture the playfield art to a degree but is in a neon font. I lastly added the word Open near the arrow and leaving the word Shoot out. The ring around the dome is now a soft pink as I want the decal to suit a red or purple dome so people can mix it up a little.

Those that have a Creature and have some constructive criticism please share any ideas so I can try and improve on this a little more.

I was thinking a couple of stars on the black section but keep in mind that some of the decal will have a ramp passing over the top of it.

screen-capture-1.pngscreen-capture-1.png

#39 9 years ago

Looking good!

#40 9 years ago

looks cool. Nice added touch.

#41 9 years ago

Don't think you need the stars.

#42 9 years ago

I couldn't rest until I did a quick print, laminate, cut and screw into place to pardon the average quality as the final decal will be a laminated vinyl decal with the holes cut out. This one has the red dome cover like the original and the 3 mounting holes have been blacked out and not cut out as didn't want to fuss around but black bolts will be used as well so they should blend into the black surround well. Also pardon the photo quality as the camera batteries went flat and I had to use my daughters iPod (and photos taken at lunch time to give you a idea of emitted light from the el wire kit.

IMG_0139.jpgIMG_0139.jpgIMG_0128.jpgIMG_0128.jpgIMG_0127.jpgIMG_0127.jpgIMG_0124.jpgIMG_0124.jpg

the last photo viewed from the lhs is a space behind the scoop which will have a film decal fitted to the supplied base mounting plate.

IMG_0135.jpgIMG_0135.jpg

#43 9 years ago

also a design note: that the rear side of the mod has a bevelled edge to avoid any ball catches as well as the height isn't too high so no balls can get hung up and caught between the mod and the ramp above.

#44 9 years ago

Please add me to the list when ready

I'm loving creature the more I play it.

Mk

#45 9 years ago

May add me as well.

#46 9 years ago

I'm in... Thanks!

#47 9 years ago

Looks incredible. Please add me to the list of interested parties.

#48 9 years ago

I'm interested as well, depending on price.

#49 9 years ago

I like it...I would also be interested in purchasing for my Creature depending on price.

Rob

#50 9 years ago

Looks great! I'd be interested in one very cool mod

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-cftbl-retro-building-neon-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.