#1 8 years ago

Where do I start tracking this down

#2 8 years ago

Got three balls in there?

Start button flashing (credits posted)?

#3 8 years ago

start button working in test mode?

#4 8 years ago

its on free play and yes there are balls in it. I'm just plugging things back in from doing a PF swap and Im sure I have things plugged in wrong but I can't locate it. You cant start a game and the flashers and lights in the middle don't work behind the translight

#5 8 years ago

Triple check the connectors to the boards. Maybe you have a molex 1 pin off or something?

#6 8 years ago

Hmmm...sounds like it's time to sell it...to me

#7 8 years ago

uhhh no, not after I installed the nekid PF

#8 8 years ago

Did you do a switch test to see if the start button records? I suspect the body of the switch came out a bit.

#9 8 years ago

Probably a good time to test out all the switches.

#10 8 years ago

Check the little short ribbon cable from WPC to driver board?

#11 8 years ago

The start button is blinking but it doesn't start a game and it doesn't show up on a switch test.

#12 8 years ago

Start button works via J212 on the CPU board. Is that connected?

#13 8 years ago

Put the game in switch test mode, and check all the switches in the game.

I print out the lamp switch matrix from the PDF Manual whenever I restore a game, and go through every lamp and switch with a clipboard and note any that don't work, so I can determine if the wiring is messed up at one switch, or if I have an entire row/column out.

Once you figure that out, you will know where your problem is. Fix the start switch, and you should be back in business!

#14 8 years ago

J212 is plugged in and correct. What do I do now?

#15 8 years ago

When you push the start button, does the switch "click"?

#16 8 years ago

Yes, everything was working. I did a PF swap and got bored with it and stuck it in the corner for a month or two. I plugged everything back in and this is the first problem I have to work out besides the shooter guide that the cat pissed on and is now rusted to shit. I numbered every plug that I pulled off but I'm still running into problems.

#17 8 years ago

I had this problem with my Demo Man. It was a flaky memory protect switch, I'm not sure if Creature has it, but when It goes so goes your game. Make sure that is wired correctly and working.

#18 8 years ago

If it does not show up on a switch test it is not working. Put a meter on the switch leads and see if you get continuity at the switch. If you do, move to the next connection back and make sure you get continuity there when the switch is closed. If you have good continuity all the way back to the board, you need to start looking at what is going on with the board. Did you put an LED in the start button? Most of them do not go back together all the way if you do. Check that the plastic bits actuate the micro switch all the way.

1 week later
#19 8 years ago

Start button lights up but doesn't show up on switch test.

What and where is this memory protect switch in which you speak.

#20 8 years ago

If you have one it is above or below the interlock switch.
I'm not sure it shows up in the switch test because it is not part of the 64 switch matrix.
It might show up in the single switch test.
If your start button is fried it's pretty to find one and replace it.

#21 8 years ago

Memory protect switch is a total non-issue here. Don't even think about it.

If you have a problem with the start button, please take pictures of the connectors on the bottom of the CPU board (switches), the coin door interface board, and the start button switch itself. Post them here.

But it's also very useful to know of anything else that isn't working. Do all other switches work in switch test mode?

2 weeks later
#22 8 years ago

Im somewhat embarrassed but I found the problem. Matt (Noah's Arcade) came over to help me out and we went over a few things and then opened up the backbox and he said " here's your problem". One of the plugs on the driver board did not have keys and it was off by one notch and I never noticed it even though I had been over every plug to make sure they were all in the right place. So we went to the game preserve and had fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 24.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-boots-but-will-not-start-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.